• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol1dus

Anyone looking to trade Golden furniture dupes? I've got 2 Golden Men to part with.
Looking to exchange them for any golden furniture series items besides the Bench, Dresser and Table.

Incidentally, now that I've finally figured out how to spoof gold nuggets out of gem rocks daily I'm a little pissed that the only way to roll the dice on Cyrus to get what you want is to wait 30 minutes due to the item you get being set the moment you hand your nuggets over. That really sucks.

Olaf is moving out of my town on the 22nd. If you've got room, you're more than welcome to drop by and recruit him.
PM me if you'd like to make arrangements.

How do you spoof them golds?

MicH

I just bought the bottled ship. Pricey at 60 medals but I really like it! Will go nicely with my future Cabana room

Debs

Now I've got everything I ever wanted :D Been so lucky the last 2 days, yesterday I got the Windmill I've wanted since day one and now I finally got the Police Station :D

tumblr_mq7gi1aoXg1sv9gqko1_400.jpg

No longer have to worry about getting requests anymore :)

Philia

Now I've got everything I ever wanted :D Been so lucky the last 2 days, yesterday I got the Windmill I've wanted since day one and now I finally got the Police Station :D

tumblr_mq7gi1aoXg1sv9gqko1_400.jpg

No longer have to worry about getting requests anymore :)

Nice! I only needed a few Fairy Tale themed requests (bridge, light post, and bench) before I'm done with silly requests.

Chaos17

guys i want your honest opinion

i bought this game today because i know how popular and addictive it seemed to be

having played this game 2 hours i really don't understand all the hype... am i being impatient and should i just ride it out longer as the game clearly is made to be a timesink or is it the case of, if i dont like it now i wont ever like it... :((

dids anyone else not really understand the hype and then it grew on them? its frustrating to not see the appeal of something insanely popular :p
It's game that you can play everyday and for less than an hour or more, better than any cash shop facebook games out there.
If you can't wait what will happen each new day, then you can time travel that's another way to play this game.
Tough, I don't know what you expected from this game since it's casual hardcore game where the goal is to "build" your town and your house (if you don't care about the racoon Yakusa too much lol)

Why casual ?
Like I said before it's because you can play it when you want and for the amout of hour you want but I advise you to play it at least once a week because some villagers might move out.
So you can spend your day making money or befriend villagers or get your "ideal" interior/city.
You will understand it more maybe when you will unlock your dream suite building and visit this kind of town.

Dream code : 1700-0292-4432

Why hardcore ?
Because you need to faaarm money (medals too) to pay for your house, furnitures clothes and town.
Also there're many tips to know about this game if you want things to go smoothly like how to unlock upgraded shops, etc... There're so many things that the games will not tell you (some villagers might though) that you've to dig for informations (what is that NES game lol)

You've the choice to play a fast paced game by time traveling or to play each day with knowing tips or not. Your choice, play at your own pace.

Community ?
With the ability to visit another player town you can make easier money by selling turnips for high price or to exchange things with them or go play mini games with them onthe island. Etc...

But yeah, that game can be resume as : oh! capitalism. (lol)

Sorry for my bad english.

Philia

Check your pms. :)

As for the dude that felt like he made a bad purchase, I always try to be BLUNT with my friends who's interested in this game. This isn't a game you can just casually go back to after a month or something. This isn't a game that you can expect instant gratification. Its similar to a Harvest Moon game if anything, whereas farming/pruning/socializing rewards you more than anything else.

Sol1dus

i bought this game today because i know how popular and addictive it seemed to be

having played this game 2 hours i really don't understand all the hype... am i being impatient and should i just ride it out longer as the game clearly is made to be a timesink or is it the case of, if i dont like it now i wont ever like it... :((

dids anyone else not really understand the hype and then it grew on them? its frustrating to not see the appeal of something insanely popular :p

Think of it as a f2p game that you have to pay for and with no way to speed things up.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Don't know if you saw my post Philia, but I have a load of duplicate Gyroids you can pick up. It will have to be tomorrow since I'm off to bed soonish.

Tumblr no longer works for me with 3ds imageshare. The 3ds just can't load the log-in page. Had to make a Twitter account.

Was fortunate enough to find the last fossil today.
BPklb2ECMAE_vCh.jpg:large

Don't laugh, but I walked into Caroline's house and this startled the crap out of me. Nice fossil placement Caroline... This is what happens when you play favorites.
BPkloWZCUAADxEO.jpg:large

Brewster throws more fuel on the fire regarding creepy stores about Gyroids when he talks about making one.
BPklyWqCAAAM_o8.jpg:large

Niraj has no words.
BPkl9TtCUAA6fTU.jpg:large

SmithnCo

There isn't much to do after two hours... The real draw of the game is customizing your house and town. It takes a while but it is really satisfying in the end.

I won't be able to get to the island for the Bug Off tomorrow but I have a nice assortment of butterflies including a couple of Birdwings all ready to go. And I'll take a quick twirl around town this evening to see if I spot anything else. But my Birdwing took first place last time so I'm feeling okay with a few ready to go.

Sorry for my bad english.

You don't need to keep apologizing for your English. :) Your posts have always been thoughtful and clearly worded. You certainly did a better job summing up the game than I could. (I usually just mutter something about a town full of animals then change the subject.)

What seems to happen in the bug-off is that you get all these rare bugs saved up and then they're all too small or lackluster. The more common bugs are huge and shiny and it throws all the scores off =[.

Animekatt

Today, I got my XL back from repairs. They had to give me the black/red one instead of my pink/white. :(

BUT. All of my info is intact, like my activity log, streetpasses, and friend list, ambassador status, etc. I'm so happy!. To anyone that has added my temp friend code, you can delete it now. ^^

Today, I got my XL back from repairs. They had to give me the black/red one instead of my pink/white. :(

BUT. All of my info is intact, like my activity log, streetpasses, and friend list, ambassador status, etc. I'm so happy!. To anyone that has added my temp friend code, you can delete it now. ^^

They didn't give you a form of compensation, for the colour switch?
That would be fabulous. But could this wait till tomorrow (or since it is post midnight should I say later today?) since I'm most definitely off to bed now.
Kay give it to you then,=.

zroid

Banned
What seems to happen in the bug-off is that you get all these rare bugs saved up and then they're all too small or lackluster. The more common bugs are huge and shiny and it throws all the scores off =[.

Kind of. I think overall rarity still counts for the most. Really unlikely that you'd lose with 8k+ island beetles, for example.

I have been exceedingly lazy this week, so I'm just gonna wing it tomorrow. There is a 1 hour window from 5-6 where you can catch some rare beetles, so I should be okay.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
aToZ9rm.jpg

I suddenly want to extort people out of large sums of money...

ujHZp8p.jpg

Actually... Don't tell Isabelle, but Tom Nook is my backup dance partner. Lyle seems to like it.

And Chaos17, if you still need the cash register, it came in!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Nice. I only need one Pascal item to complete that set (pirate sword) so that's pretty cool. Love that set

Me too, but fucking cannot stand diving. It's just so...miserable. I'm missing the Jolly Roger.

Woo! Sweet! About time :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom