• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerity

Could just be in a patch of trees. Press up when you're in a patch of trees and they'll disappear and you'll still be able to see the mark.

oh geez, thanks for that. I was wondering what would happen in that case.

tumblr_mq83mwydV41sz533ro1_400.jpg

tumblr_mq83ocYaey1sz533ro1_400.jpg

I had no idea that tulip was even there.

upandaway

Is there any consistent way to find out a bug's score in the Bug Off?

Olivia hinted on Monday that I should catch some rare bugs beforehand, so I did, but I don't know which is higher than which.

I finally got Marina to move to my town!!!!! After weeks of searching and a couple of false starts, my favorite villager is finally moving in! She can build her house on top of my head for all I care, I'm just so pleased. :D

*twirls*

Now I just need Zucker and then I'll have every octopus!

Chaos17

Is there any consistent way to find out a bug's score in the Bug Off?

Olivia hinted on Monday that I should catch some rare bugs beforehand, so I did, but I don't know which is higher than which.

First if you want a lot of rewards be sure to sumit bugs that value less first then after the ones that are more expensive.
Otherwise you won't get much reward like me who got pretty early the highest score :(
Because it's not the quantity that count but the quality/size.

Also depending of the colors of the bug, you can have less or more point but since we can't know that info when we catch bug
I didn't write the different results since we can consider it pretty random.

List of points for bugs from the island.
- Goliath beetle
standard size : 120 points

- Horned Atlas
standard size : 99 points
large size : 111 points

- cyclomatmatus stag
small size : 78 points
standard size : 103
large size : 134

- Golden stag
small size : 107 points
standard size : 128 points
large size : 140 points

- Horned elephant
small size : 64 points
standard size : 93 points

Sorry for my bad english.

I don't know how much this is accurate but it's a start:
http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/bug-off/
I should have checked this!
Now I can't get more rewards :(

Mekere

If I'm not mistaken and you are more interested in items, the best thing to do is to keep the rarest bugs for your town and give all the others in another town. As long as you score more than the actual score, you should get something in exchange. Need to test that in details, but I think that's how it works.

And that won't hinder the host score either.

[edit]Chaos17: Come visit my town, i'm only at 53 points at the moment. Every bug A-B-C should give you an item. Some D might too.

Krelian

I don't know how much this is accurate but it's a start:
http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/bug-off/
I doesn't seem accurate at all :/ My fruit beetle should've net me 80 - 99 points but I got only 33. I'm currently in the lead with an Agrias butterfly (94 points) which should've only been worth 79 points max.

I visited the island yesterday to catch some bugs in advance but didn't get any of the very rare type of Chaos17's list. Now I'm not sure which bug to give Nat next. Oh well.

Chaos17

If I'm not mistaken and you are more interested in items, the best thing to do is to keep the rarest bugs for your town and give all the others in another town. As long as you score more than the actual score, you should get something in exchange. Need to test that in details, but I think that's how it works.

And that won't hinder the host score either.
Gonna be hard for me to get an rare type A or B bug now that is morning where I live.
Those rare bugs aren't up at the island, lol.

upandaway

Aaaaah dangit. Somehow he jumped from 83 points to 112 on the same darn rarity rank. I thought all hope was lost, but then one of the bugs got 117. It went like this:

Lantern Fly: 82 <- gift
Brooke Butterfly: 84 <- gift

Giant stag: 83
Elephant: 112 <- gift
Cyclo: 117 <- gift
Silk moth: 106
Atlas: 95

Hercules: 94
Golden: 106

I got 4 items.. oh well. How was I suppose to predict that I had a 117-point Cyclommatus. I'll be better prepared next time. Didn't even have a Goliath on hand.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I doesn't seem accurate at all :/ My fruit beetle should've net me 80 - 99 points but I got only 33. I'm currently in the lead with an Agrias butterfly (94 points) which should've only been worth 79 points max.

There are Size and Color/Shine multipliers to consider.

upandaway

I visited the island yesterday to catch some bugs in advance but didn't get any of the very rare type of Chaos17's list. Now I'm not sure which bug to give Nat next. Oh well.
The rank isn't the pure range, it's the beginning range, and then there are the size and color multipliers. And I think he confused the fruit beetle for the scarab beetle on the site, fruit is listed twice. The one in the 80-99 group is probably scarab beetle.

Krelian

There are Size and Color/Shine multipliers to consider.
Ah, I forgot to apply the multipliers. But even if I had the smalled fruit beetle with the lowest multiplier (0.7) I should've gotten 56 points. So I still think the list isn't entirely accurate. Unless I missed something here?
The rank isn't the pure range, it's the beginning range, and then there are the size and color multipliers. And I think he confused the fruit beetle for the scarab beetle on the site, fruit is listed twice. The one in the 80-99 group is probably scarab beetle.
Thanks. That makes sense!

Flipyap

I had to start with an Agrias because the contest begun with my stupid mouse catching a banded dragonfly. Another Agrias later, I'm already stuck at 111 points and now I have no idea what order I should try to dump my island/butterfly stash.
It's kind of a bummer, because this set looks seriously adorable. My beetle chair has six legs and a fat butt!

Mekere

I had to start with an Agrias because the contest begun with my stupid mouse catching a banded dragonfly. Another Agrias later, I'm already stuck at 111 points and now I have no idea what order I should try to dump my island/butterfly stash.
It's kind of a bummer, because this set looks seriously adorable. My beetle chair has six legs and a fat butt!

My gate is open if you want to get rid of your stock. I'm at 53 points at the moment. FC is my profile :)

Krelian

Yeah, my chances to get more of the set are very slim now. I got a caterpillar sofa for my Agrias butterfly and for my 104 points saw stag I got a stag-beetle chair. Now I'm almost out of bugs from the island.

Jintor

Pax Australia had an animal crossing panel today. Nothing new, but it had a video developer q and a with fan submitted questions. And some custom Isabelle cuteness.

ramyeon

So the Bug Off was today. I already won the gold trophy last time and I have very little interest in the bug furniture so... it was kind of a non event. Just turned in a butterfly and got first place. Couldn't do any PW projects or work at the cafe due to it either.

UberTag

My gate is open if you want to get rid of your stock. I'm at 53 points at the moment. FC is my profile :)
If you've still got room in your village and can add me, I'd appreciate it.
Would love to unload some beetles for some quick furniture.

FC is 3823-8528-6410. Many thanks!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ahhhh there was an animal crossing panel at pax today in aus :) a recorded interview with some of the dev (based on comments from aus users, so it was exclusive)

Cant remember too much, but we got free tortimer figurines! And they discussed the death rooms lol.

Also got a photo of a sluttly isabelle cosplay... will post later!

Linius

Gonna start handing some bugs soon. My villagers better still have a low score so I can maximize the gifts. It's a pity I work saturday mornings.

Mekere

Thanks. I hope the connection problem wasn't me. I have the worst of luck connecting to other people in this game :(

It may be the case... If it happen again, I'll open a session only for you after Ubertag has finished his trade, we'll manage to do something :)

Arg :'(

UberTag

Ack, so much for that.
Lost most of my trade-ins.
If you want to open up a session just for Krelian first and then let me know once you're done that might work best.
I've only got about 40 minutes I can spare before work. But thankfully you've got List A prizes so I can clear through that set awfully quick as I had it in my village last month.

Krelian

It may be the case... If it happen again, I'll open a session only for you after Ubertag has finished his trade, we'll manage to do something :)

Arg :'(
Was closer to the router this time. I've tried different routers and different configurations for this game before but it just doesn't like me it seems :(

Mekere

Apparently not. Still let's try one more time. I'll save frequently this time and I'll close the gate behind the first who arrives. We will win this bug-off!

Linius

Very nice, HHA send me a letter to inform me I got over 500K over night. Still haven't gotten all the exterior right and plenty of non trendy stuff in my house to clear.

EDIT

So my giant cicada got me 23 points. The current record belongs to Julian at 39 points. Why can't I find any yellow butterflies to slowly up my score :(

Mekere

Ack, so much for that.
Lost most of my trade-ins.
If you want to open up a session just for Krelian first and then let me know once you're done that might work best.
I've only got about 40 minutes I can spare before work. But thankfully you've got List A prizes so I can clear through that set awfully quick as I had it in my village last month.

We're done with Krelian now, I open my town for you!

Almyn

I am on need of a few fossils to complete the collection. I am hoping those in the thread have some spares to trade. I need...

Velociraptor head
Triceratops torso
Parasauraus head
Ichtyosaur head
Archelon torso
Pteranodon right wing
Diplo head
Coprolite
Dinosaur track

I have plenty to trade as I've been keeping all the spares for the past few weeks.

If you can help me out or want to trade let me know.

Friend code is 2449-4637-0946

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom