• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Bug-off is a disaster so far.

Gave a monarch butterfly which looked kind of normal and got 78 points, then tried three more (banded dragonfly, peacock dragonfly and horned dynastid) and got 69/70/71 points. Doh, if I'd just tweaked the order I'd have three more prizes

Large and vibrant horned atlas 132 points, beat my golden stag

Seriously, you can't even interact with villagers that are outside during the Bug Off?

Dunno why Nintendo didn't just go the whole hog and close all the stores, stop all fossils/flowers spawning and force you to always have a net equipped since they seem adamant to prevent you doing literally anything else during this boring event.

UberTag

Thanks again, Mekere. Stockpiling bug furniture is super-easy when you visit other villages.
Plenty easier than in your own village. Should just be going for trophies there.

Anyone with List B prizes with their gates open right now for guests?

Mekere

It is, makes me thing that maybe I should take care of my own bug stock :D

Does anyone have a low score for the bug-off in his town so I can get rid of all my bugs? Until then, my gate is still open 53 point for now :)

Linius

Tiger Butterfly -> 56 points
Raja B. Butterfly -> 108 points
Peacock Butterfly -> 79 points
Emperor Butterfly -> 68 points
Agrias Butterfly -> 59 points
Raja B. Butterfly -> 64 points
Emperor Butterfly -> 64 points
Agrias Butterfly -> 81 points
Raja B. Butterfly -> 75 points
Agrias Butterfly -> 105 points
Oak Silk Moth -> 102 points
Goliath Beetle -> 87 points
Cyclomatus Stag -> 108

That's it guys, I'm gonna Resetti and do it all over. My bugs are looking good, I hope the points won't change. It sucks that I picked the one Raja B. that some how is amazing :/

UberTag

It is, makes me thing that maybe I should take care of my own bug stock :D

Does anyone have a low score for the bug-off in his town so I can get rid of all my bugs? Until then, my gate is still open 53 point for now :)
There are two sets of bug furniture prizes so you'll be looking for someone with a sub-80 score that has the set you're not getting in your own village.

Visit, unload your beetles with reckless abandon and you'll get what you need.

The only thing I'm focusing on in my village today is getting either a silver or bronze trophy to match the gold one I've already got.

mrklaw has the List B prizes. Would love to visit him if he's got a sub-80 score and is willing to have guests.

UberTag

I had no clue there were different sets? What do I have in my town then?
You had the List A prizes (at least going by the FAQ).
Namely the stag-beetle chair, snail clock, caterpillar sofa, ladybug chair, firefly lamp and ladybug carpet.
mrklaw has the other half of the set.

Wait, how the hell did you get a PWP request during the Bug Off? Literally all my villagers are just wandering around like zombies with their nets.

It's 6:41 EST for me. Bug off hasn't started. I don't know if that's the reasoning, but I saw the Bug Off guy this morning and he said it would start at 9:00. Saw Celia shortly afterwards and she ran up to me suggesting the drinking fountain. Haven't seen any of my other villagers out yet.

It's 6:41 EST for me. Bug off hasn't started. I don't know if that's the reasoning, but I saw the Bug Off guy this morning and he said it would start at 9:00. Saw Celia shortly afterwards and she ran up to me suggesting the drinking fountain. Haven't seen any of my other villagers out yet.

Interesting, I wonder if that means after 6pm when the event ends that villagers will be around as normal and I can get a request. Anything to salvage this waste of a day would be nice.

Do crowns count as hats? I want to sell my large crown at retail but want to wait for double bells
I think they count under the headgear bonus catagory. Give it a try, she'll tell you if you get a bonus on the item before you confirm if you want to sell it anyway.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Why wouldn't they count as hats?

Just thought they might have a special category for retail

My town is 132 but I haven't saved... Can I be cheeky and reset, and the prizes will be the same?

Edit: just did it, will open gates before dumping my bugs, so come on over

Chopper

A climbing frame?! No, Nate. No.

Got a sloppy clock appear in my retail today. Result.

Also, nailed the Bug Off and ended up with some sweet Bug swag. Got a spare wallpaper if anyone wants to trade doubles later.

Cerity

THESE GUYS ARE WEAK.
tumblr_mq8ea4TBkf1sz533ro1_400.jpg

jewel beetle, which I got 85 for :V

If I'd visited this thread yesterday I'd have done some farming on the island, oh well. At least I got a snail clock.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So half way through the day and a honey beed for 27 points is in the lead. Will this go up later because that seems like a very easy score to beat and I want to try and get into second or third place.

Linius

Uber, I have list b and no score. If you want to dump at my place feel free to do so. Let me know so I can open.

A climbing frame?! No, Nate. No.

Got a sloppy clock appear in my retail today. Result.

Also, nailed the Bug Off and ended up with some sweet Bug swag. Got a spare wallpaper if anyone wants to trade doubles later.

Is there a way to influence sloppy furniture appearing at your retail?

So half way through the day and a honey beed for 27 points is in the lead. Will this go up later because that seems like a very easy score to beat and I want to try and get into second or third place.

I think I want to go for silver. But that would also mean I'd have to visit other places to get furniture. Bit of a chore.

Just thought they might have a special category for retail

My town is 132 but I haven't saved... Can I be cheeky and reset, and the prizes will be the same?

Edit: just did it, will open gates before dumping my bugs, so come on over

Could I come to your town to dump my bigs while you have no score set?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Uber, I have list b and no score. If you want to dump at my place feel free to do so. Let me know so I can open.

Is there a way to influence sloppy furniture appearing at your retail?

I think I want to go for silver. But that would also mean I'd have to visit other places to get furniture. Bit of a chore.
Well I'm off for the evening so I'm not worried about getting the items this month. Besides there are two months left so I have a chance to get the third trophy next month and then all the bug stuff during the final bug off.

UberTag

Thanks to Mekere and mrklaw I've got every Bug-Off item before my Bug-Off even begins.
Gotta love that.

Now I just need to worry about those trophies I still need.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Guess I should have followed my own tip and gather a bunch of island bugs last night to dump in someone else. But eh, next month I guess. Not to bothered about bug items and at least next month I should have the room to store them.

External link disallowed :(
Copy the link into the address bar.

upandaway

Tiger Butterfly -> 56 points
Raja B. Butterfly -> 108 points
Peacock Butterfly -> 79 points
Emperor Butterfly -> 68 points
Agrias Butterfly -> 59 points
Raja B. Butterfly -> 64 points
Emperor Butterfly -> 64 points
Agrias Butterfly -> 81 points
Raja B. Butterfly -> 75 points
Agrias Butterfly -> 105 points
Oak Silk Moth -> 102 points
Goliath Beetle -> 87 points
Cyclomatus Stag -> 108

That's it guys, I'm gonna Resetti and do it all over. My bugs are looking good, I hope the points won't change. It sucks that I picked the one Raja B. that some how is amazing :/
Ooooh, you can do that? I might do it next time if I won't be able to go to a different town.

How does it work in different towns? Do you get a gift as long as you score higher than that town's highest score, or do you still have to beat yourself?

Linius

Guess I should have followed my own tip and gather a bunch of island bugs last night to dump in someone else. But eh, next month I guess. Not to bothered about bug items and at least next month I should have the room to store them.

Copy the link into the address bar.

Thanks, that worked!

UberTag

External link disallowed :(

If you could just copy/paste the prices I'll be fine. I need to know how many there are so I'll know when I'm done in Klaws town.
List A:
...Caterpillar Sofa
...Firefly Lamp
...Ladybug Chair
...Snail Clock
...Stag-Beetle Chair
...Ladybug Carpet

List B:
...Beetle Chair
...Cicada Stereo
...Honeybee Chest
...Mini-Butterfly Table
...Spiderweb Clock
...Butterfly Wall

He's got List B so once you've cleared out those 6 items, you're done. 6 beetles will do it.
Have a couple extra on hand in case you get a dud that scores less than 80 points.

How does it work in different towns? Do you get a gift as long as you score higher than that town's highest score, or do you still have to beat yourself?
You don't have to beat yourself at all. That's why it's so effortless. You don't need to worry about staggering your increases or anything.
Just throw a bunch of beetles out and so long as they score above 80 and the village record is under 80 you'll get bug furniture.
Nat will even go through the whole list in sequence so you don't even need to worry about getting duplicates.

upandaway

You don't have to beat yourself at all. That's why it's so effortless. You don't need to worry about staggering your increases or anything.
Just throw a bunch of beetles out and so long as they score above 80 and the village record is under 80 you'll get bug furniture.
Nat will even go through the whole list in sequence so you don't even need to worry about getting duplicates.
Oh wow. Then I'll hopefully do that next month. That way my score will be kept low too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well apparently I managed to get into second place with a low scoring giant cicada. Hopefully it sticks.

Looks like bronze will be much trickier.

vientown

Neo Member
i figure that this is sorta inappropriate or whatever for this thread, but i invested 7.5m in turnips and i've had bad prices all week. got my saturday PM prices and it's possible for me to make a very marginal profit, but i'd just like to ask anyone with a considerable turnip price (500~ bpt) to pm me or something. payment can be arranged, furniture, hybrids, bells w/e.

i figure that this is sorta inappropriate or whatever for this thread, but i invested 7.5m in turnips and i've had bad prices all week. got my saturday PM prices and it's possible for me to make a very marginal profit, but i'd just like to ask anyone with a considerable turnip price (500~ bpt) to pm me or something. payment can be arranged, furniture, hybrids, bells w/e.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf | Turnip OT | Sunday is the boar's day
You'll wanna try here.

Linius

Oh man, I'm in luck. Last time I had list A with my own bug off and some how I did manage to trade some bug items a long time a go with someone so I'm almost done.

Last thing I need is Caterpillar sofa. I have a spare Stag Beetle Chair for the person who can get me this sofa.

MicH

GOD DAMN IT LYLE. My HHA score is 1,097,000? COME ON

tumblr_mq851qAaQA1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

99½% positive she’s talking about MicH
GEEEEEEE OH CHERI HOW CUTE YOU ARE

Also don't worry, I struck a deal with someone on GameFaQs (what have I done) to get her. Hopefully it pans out for me.

So Bug-off. Got four items today: Butterfly wall, Honebee chest, Cicada stereo and TWO Spiderweb clocks. Ugh.

If anyone wants to trade, I still need these:

Caterpillar sofa
Firefly lamp
Ladybug carpet
Beetle chair
Mini butterfly table

My last score is at 117, so I'm definitely winning again, lol. Wanted the silver trophy, but the bug items are better!

Linius

I'm gonna dump the full insect set in my dupes house to do a theme room.

Gonna need some extra's though because I already use two of these items in my main house.

I need

- Firefly Lamp
- Ladybug Carpet
- Caterpillar Sofa

I have for trade

- Stag-Beetle Chair

Or bells, cataloging sets and all sorts of other stuff. If you have list A prices (see below) in your town and a low score I could also come by to try and get the furniture myself.

List A

List A:
...[Caterpillar Sofa]
...[Firefly Lamp]
...[Ladybug Chair]
...[Snail Clock]
...[Stag-Beetle Chair]
...[Ladybug Carpet]

Please PM me if you have any, I'll be out for an hour or so now.

Can I come to someone's town and trade my bugs there for the Bug-Off please? I'd like to experience this vastly easier method of getting the bug furniture.

FC: 0516-7436-2322

Philia

List A:
...Caterpillar Sofa
...Firefly Lamp
...Ladybug Chair
...Snail Clock
...Stag-Beetle Chair
...Ladybug Carpet

List B:
...Beetle Chair
...Cicada Stereo
...Honeybee Chest
...Mini-Butterfly Table
...Spiderweb Clock
...Butterfly Wall

Thank you so much for this list. I apparently had B list last time. I was wondering why I was only getting these when everyone else got different. I'll need to get the snail clock, spiderweb clock, and firefly lamp before I'm complete with the bug off items.

So Bug-off. Got four items today: Butterfly wall, Honebee chest, Cicada stereo and TWO Spiderweb clocks. Ugh.

If anyone wants to trade, I still need these:

Caterpillar sofa
Firefly lamp
Ladybug carpet
Beetle chair
Mini butterfly table

I'll be interested in one of your spiderweb clocks. I'll see what list of prizes I'll be getting today.

Animekatt

To add to that, I still haven't changed my flag :D I'm just hitting all your buttons.

*shakes fist* Why do you hate me so?

Did you put in a request to keep all data? I want to fix mine since it got some very bad scratches on the bottom screen but am very afraid all my streetpasses and etc will be deleted

The rep I spoke to who helped me set everything up reassured me that they would grab everything from a special chip on the motherboard. Nevertheless, I was still afraid I would lose everything. When I opened up the new system, everything was just the way I had it on my pink XL before I sent it in. Didn't have to redownload anything. That was such an awesome feeling...

Just say goodbye to your special edition XL if you have one though, since they will definitely give you the blue or red one instead (they ask which color do you prefer) when they switch it out. I thought they were going to just replace the screen, but they just gave me a new system instead. I think it's pretty brand new too, despite it saying it was an official Nintendo refurb.

They will have you leave the SD card in the system, but want you to keep the stylus out. Now I have have a red/black system with a white stylus. ~.~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom