• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philia

Thanks. Just curious in case I ever decide I want to try something new.

There's always a lighthouse...
BPqW8FgCQAA9U1D.jpg

:) Here's my Dream Code if you're curious of how my town looks.

4000 2264 4880

So New Leaf is pretty amazing.

My Dad plays mostly Strategy games but he owns a 3DS XL because he enjoys Mario Games. He was rather surprised when I told him about how I was getting this game. After a week or so following release he was intrigued and picked it up. He really enjoys it and started showing my Mom the game.

Fast forward to last weekend, I go over to visit and I notice both my parents playing. My Mom, who has never played more than Tetris when it came out on the Game Boy went out and bought a XL and Animal Crossing. She was even bummed out that she couldn't get the bundle. My jaw almost hit the floor. I went back to the house to grab my Xl and we played for a while today. Crazy playing a game like this with my Folks. I really love the fact that my parents go to each others towns and do the daily rituals and just generally have fun and enjoy themselves.

Animal Crossing is crazy. In a great way.

Philia

My Dad plays mostly Strategy games but he owns a 3DS XL because he enjoys Mario Games. He was rather surprised when I told him about how I was getting this game. After a week or so following release he was intrigued and picked it up. He really enjoys it and started showing my Mom the game.

Fast forward to last weekend, I go over to visit and I notice both my parents playing. My Mom, who has never played more than Tetris when it came out on the Game Boy went out and bought a XL and Animal Crossing. She was even bummed out that she couldn't get the bundle. My jaw almost hit the floor. I went back to the house to grab my Xl and we played for a while today. Crazy playing a game like this with my Folks. I really love the fact that my parents go to each others towns and do the daily rituals and just generally have fun and enjoy themselves.

Reading this just warms my heart. :) I'm so happy to read this. I swear its just dusty over here! :3

That's awesome! You should share their dream codes!

Reading this just warms my heart. :) I'm so happy to read this. I swear its just dusty over here! :3

That's awesome! You should share their dream codes!

Ya it really makes me smile. It was so funny listening to my Mom wander around my town just gathering ideas and seeing how I made my town. She was ecstatic when I gave her every kind of fruit and some other starter supplies. Didn't want to give her to much though, let her explore and just enjoy the progression. She did get her hair cut, something she was giggling about that you could do in the game.

I will get my Dad's dream code for you all to visit if you like.

It was so funny listening to my Mom wander around my town just gathering ideas and seeing how I made my town. She was ecstatic when I gave her every kind of fruit and some other starter supplies.

Yay, another one has been initiated! Tbh I'm not sure my mum would get it. I'll have to give her the rundown.

GulAtiCa

Wow, I never knew the island in AC was a good place for getting good source of bells. I must have spent like 15 minutes just collecting bugs, like 40 or so. Got me a little over 100k bells.

Wow, I never knew the island in AC was a good place for getting good source of bells. I must have spent like 15 minutes just collecting bugs, like 40 or so. Got me a little over 100k bells.
The night time beetles are even better. The ones you get on palm trees are always 6,000+.

You can make a couple million a night easily.

GulAtiCa

The night time beetles are even better. The ones you get on palm trees are always 6,000+.

You can make a couple million a night easily.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Also noticed that you have to be EXTRA quiet when trying to approach them, else they fly off if you are even like 5 spots away. heh

Tenumi

Banned
I purposely don't pick and choose my bugs when I'm on the island. I still usually walk out with about 100,000 - 200,000 bells, but I try not to over do it and only get Golden Stags or something...

Yeah, I noticed that too. Also noticed that you have to be EXTRA quiet when trying to approach them, else they fly off if you are even like 5 spots away. heh
You can set up your island trees so that it's a lot easier. Get rid of all (or most) of your non-palm trees, then cut down any palm tress that are on the south side of your island. (Rare bugs will fly away instantly when you approach them from the north.) Then sell all your flowers to Leila.

Now you should have a pretty empty island with just palm trees on the east, west and north beach, and a deciduous tree in the center for good measure. Then just walk in a circle catching any rare bugs, and scaring away any common ones.

(You can easily set up your island to it's original state for free with stuff gathered on tours, so don't worry about doing a bit of demolition now.)

ramyeon

I purposely don't pick and choose my bugs when I'm on the island. I still usually walk out with about 100,000 - 200,000 bells, but I try not to over do it and only get Golden Stags or something...
I never pick and choose either, but I cut down everything that isn't a palm tree. If I catch everything that appears on the palm trees I get betwen 350,000-400,000. If I was only catching Stags I'd probably get closer to 700,000-800,000. It would take a lot longer though.

Roto13

Muffy keeps whistling ramyeon's town song, which is the Junes theme from Persona 4, so I can't really blame her because it's the most infectious thing in the world.

ramyeon

Muffy keeps whistling ramyeon's town song, which is the Junes theme from Persona 4, so I can't really blame her because it's the most infectious thing in the world.
Haha that's hilarious. There's no way she misses my town anyway, I treated her so badly :x

Wow this has been the most idiotic router I've ever had to deal with. Normally I can fix any problem within a few minutes but after an hour plus I'm not even sure what the problem is. Hopefully I can get this figured out tomorrow for some multiplayer fun

Philia

Wow this has been the most idiotic router I've ever had to deal with. Normally I can fix any problem within a few minutes but after an hour plus I'm not even sure what the problem is. Hopefully I can get this figured out tomorrow for some multiplayer fun

Lol, I was wondering dude. I'll hope to visit someday! No rush or headache or anything! :)

Down to 9 Villagers. Gonna try the New Villager trick tomorrow to control who I get next. Why I read this thread (among other reasons).

Most of the people I've been playing with seem burned out/done :( and I'm not there yet and not sure if I'll ever be (at least until it comes out for Wii U). Add me if you play a lot and send me your FC in a PM.

0275 7828 7721

So tonight will be my first KK song. Does anybody have any suggestions? Something upbeat would be prefered.

Live version of K.K. Metal is always amazing. Just keep in mind that the first song is random. So if you want a different aircheck, you need to fill your pockets before you arrive.

Nori Chan

Live version of K.K. Metal is always amazing. Just keep in mind that the first song is random. So if you want a different aircheck, you need to fill your pockets before you arrive.

Oh is that so? Then I'll let him take me away for the first time. Thanks for the suggestions though guys

Oh man, I almost forgot K.K.'s playing today! Let's see what I get tonight.

Anyway, does anybody have a Crab Clock they don't need? I'd really want to get one :) I can give bells or trade some furniture...

Elija2

Isn't there a time late at night where Nat leaves and you can build a public works project before the next day? I thought it was at midnight but he's still here.

Isn't there a time late at night where Nat leaves and you can build a public works project before the next day? I thought it was at midnight but he's still here.

Yeah, I think you're just hosed till tomorrow. I was excited today too cause it was my first perfect day and I wanted to start my town hall remodel.

Sure thing, I'll keep the Butterfly Wallpaper for you if you want.

I also have a spare

Stag Bettle Chair
Caterpillar Sofa
Spiderweb Clock
Snail Clock

for anyone that wants them. I don't really need anything in particular in return. All I ask is that you visit my village to get them since I need the visitors :p

I am missing the Stag beetle chair from my collection.

celebi23

Finally caught up on all my old screenshots I never uploaded :p
http://celebi-gaf.tumblr.com

I've got a bunch of extra Nintendo times if anyone is interested (need to make some room in storage :p):

Fossils (Bells for these would be nice)
Red Pikmin (x2)
Hero's Cap
Big Bro's Mustache
Hero's Pants (x2)
S.S. Dolphin
Master Sword
Triple Red Shells
Pipe

If you're interested, just shoot me a PM with the item(s) names in the subject line and include your FC & Town Name as well. My FC is 4699-6104-8768. If you have any extra Cabana stuff that is:
Cabana Flooring
Cabana Wall
I'll take any of those as well :D

It was 1:05 AM. I decided to take the hit on turnips (33 bells) , but I couldn't remember if the club would still be open. So I rolled the system clock back to 11:40 or so... except I forgot to change the date. So KK was clubbing as usual, and my turnips spoiled. So I powered off without saving, set it to Saturday and started back up. Saw Resetti for the first time since buying the game. Turnips were still spoiled (expected), but the announcement board also credited the Bug Off win to someone else now! I have my trophy still, but wondering if the game counts it.

At least I got my song from KK, but I shouldn't have second-guessed things. Just rolled with it, as is the way of Animal Crossing.

Linius

I'll check my catalogue for you later Celebi. I have been buying a lot so maybe.

Can anyone take Katie for me? Anyone already on my list would be best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom