• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tash

Finally remembered to go see K.K play..got my first signed album too, yay fangirl mode!
V39PQDr.jpg

Had a hard time sleeping that night. It was less being starstruck by K.K's performance and more fear of that new exotic wallthingie falling on my head while being asleep. I am not doing well with that whole DIY stuff.
AAARU3w.jpg

On positive news, my Koi is still doing well. Obviously it's harder to kill fish than cacti
leGdHXB.jpg

I swear, that Teddy is plotting to kill me. No matter where I go I feel his eyes on my back. That thing is seriously creepy.
EWKWpGc.jpg

Remodelled my office a bit, I seriously need more space.
HdOTKwx.jpg

Also, the lightbulb in the bathroom went. Contemplating having a candle light late night shower instead. As long as the Teddy is not around I should be fine..
JsqegkO.jpg

I think I need to listen to my villagers more..they constantly keep telling me to take it slow and get some rest. They sure do..no one is ever out and about at 4am..I wonder why that is..
Hm70phr.jpg

So I decided to do some early morning gardening instead. The early bird catches the worm, right?
Qznsk5s.jpg

ramyeon

Does anyone have the full Blue Series and/or Ranch series? Wanting to catalogue these sets to finish off my other rooms in the Rustic theme challenge :)

Wolfe

Does anyone have the full Blue Series and/or Ranch series? Wanting to catalogue these sets to finish off my other rooms in the Rustic theme challenge :)

Man I don't have full sets of anything lol (well I have a few complete in the catalog but I mean on hand!), wonder if I can hit 150k points with the route I'm going. Reminds me I forgot to check what I was at today, I think yesterday was around 70k. Edit: wait I forgot I just got the gold HHA plaque, guess that confirms the 70k thing.

Also in other news rainbow stags like crazy in my town tonight! Wonder if the clouds have anything to do with it.

Robin64

I still haven't seen Phineas to get new badges since his first appearance many weeks ago. I'm pretty sure it's bugged out on me at this point as I only have the bronze badges for catching bugs and for playing a lot. I know for a fact I've caught more types of fish than my friend who got that badge weeks ago. Phineas just does not want to ever appear. :\

ramyeon

Man I don't have full sets of anything lol (well I have a few complete in the catalog but I mean on hand!), wonder if I can hit 150k points with the route I'm going. Reminds me I forgot to check what I was at today, I think yesterday was around 70k. Edit: wait I forgot I just got the gold HHA plaque, guess that confirms the 70k thing.

Also in other news rainbow stags like crazy in my town tonight! Wonder if the clouds have anything to do with it.
Not sure if you really need full sets for 150k, you definitely need them for 1.1m on the theme challenges though. I have 2 rooms of sets and one 2/3s of a set and I got 435k today :(

Wolfe

Not sure if you really need full sets for 150k, you definitely need them for 1.1m on the theme challenges though. I have 2 rooms of sets and one 2/3s of a set and I got 435k today :(

Naw I know they aren't needed, just wondering out loud how far I'll get doing what I'm doing now which is just making the rooms I want :p, prolly won't bother tackling the theme challenge for many months at this rate lol.

I still haven't seen Phineas to get new badges since his first appearance many weeks ago. I'm pretty sure it's bugged out on me at this point as I only have the bronze badges for catching bugs and for playing a lot. I know for a fact I've caught more types of fish than my friend who got that badge weeks ago. Phineas just does not want to ever appear. :\

I had the same kind of issue with my mailbox recently, went through multiple days of only getting 1 or 2 letters from animals since I was waiting on HHA and catalog orders I put in, thought something fucked up and then immediately after posting about it I exit my house to find my mailbox bursting... /shrug

I would just not worry about it and then next time you see him he'll prolly unload a butt load of badges on ya.

Mekere

He made the same to me, didn't appears for weeks and then arrived to give me half a dozen of badges.

Tash

I thought Phineas only appears if you actually have enough achievements for a new badge?

If have two rooms with full sets but only 17k points..how is that possible? Should I not mix in ANYTHING at all and also not have duplicates of a set? If so, that's stupid :/

eggwolio

So I'm working on a giant exhibit on the fourth floor of the museum of all the gyroids and tiny dinosaur models. I'm over halfway there but figured I could use a little help so I threw a list up at http://mayorofmypants.tumblr.com of what I need. Any help would be appreciated. I'll compensate you financially as is laid out there but can also offer bamboo shoots or perfect pears or other stuff. The amount of time I've put into planning this stupid exhibit is ridiculous. Would be awesome if some folks could help me out.

Tash

So I'm working on a giant exhibit on the fourth floor of the museum of all the gyroids and tiny dinosaur models. I'm over halfway there but figured I could use a little help so I threw a list up at http://mayorofmypants.tumblr.com of what I need. Any help would be appreciated. I'll compensate you financially as is laid out there but can also offer bamboo shoots or perfect pears or other stuff. The amount of time I've put into planning this stupid exhibit is ridiculous. Would be awesome if some folks could help me out.

Woah, you got a skyscraper Museum with four floors? ;)
Also, woah at your museum planing. Serious props for dedication :D

I am just waiting for one of my villagers to say something like: "There is a party in my pants" after all the weird stuff they pull out of their pockets..

Wolfe

I thought Phineas only appears if you actually have enough achievements for a new badge?

If have two rooms with full sets but only 17k points..how is that possible? Should I not mix in ANYTHING at all and also not have duplicates of a set? If so, that's stupid :/

I've got no idea how it works to be honest, as I said I don't have a full set in my house and the closest I have would likely be 5 or 6 items of a set in a room. I've just been setting up the house as I like and I've managed to hit 70k, still working on getting all the rooms expanded though.

eggwolio

Woah, you got a skyscraper Museum with four floors? ;)
Also, woah at your museum planing. Serious props for dedication :D

I am just waiting for one of my villagers to say something like: "There is a party in my pants" after all the weird stuff they pull out of their pockets..

d'oh. second floor. four rooms. i spent hours mapping that crap out. i'm pretty sure i'm crazy. every gyroid/model has a place. there's just one empty spot(because there are 131 gyroids) and i haven't yet decided what to put there.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I have full blue (on display in my museum) and most of the ranch set. But no internet for a few days..

I hit 900k with only two fully themed rooms and a few scraps here and there. For the 150k you want full themes but they can be mixed - one theme per room. Add some cicadas for bonus points, and see if you can have the same colour in a room for bonus points too. I had 3 fully themed rooms, one with mainly garden furniture but not full, and one with 90% sci-fi items (you get a bonus for that too).

for the later HHA theme challenge you don't even need full themes. Just stuff rooms with items that are the correct theme. Eg half blue/half ranch is fine. Main things to consider for this:
- clean out any non-themed items from those rooms so you get 90% on theme. remove paintings/trophies/bowls of fruit - anything that isn't on theme.
- Have lots of externally themed items to get a big multiplier. You can visit friends towns and get their nook to send an item to your town to order it, so it shouldn't take too long to have all 5 external items on theme
- cicadas for bonus points
- doesn't matter if some rooms aren't on theme, they'll just be ignored. I hit 900k with just two rooms fully themed plus cicadas.

For anyone that has the alternate gender haircuts available, do you know if they'll still be available if you refuse the first time she offers them to you? I didn't want a female haircut, but the dialogue afterwards made it seem like she'll never offer again.

Wolfe

For anyone that has the alternate gender haircuts available, do you know if they'll still be available if you refuse the first time she offers them to you? I didn't want a female haircut, but the dialogue afterwards made it seem like she'll never offer again.

You pissed her off!

THE POLICE STATION. FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY. :D :D :D

I think you're fine. I doubt they'd completely cut it off like that. She asks the question in the same way every time.

Linius

tumblr_mqdoniPMwo1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

Linus I believe lol

That's right, the infamous Randy from also Westeros hit your town.

I'm a bit worried about my HHA theme challenge btw. I had a score 995.000 yesterday according to Lyle so I was pretty excited about that. I added a trendy roof to my house yesterday and there by I completed my trendy exterior. Inside the house I added two trendy items, put 5 trendy records on my wall and added a few themeless items and some how I dropped to 770.000 today :/

Other than that today has been going pretty good. Still on perfect town patrol. Finally two Red+ roses spawned in one day. The red carnation SamMan brought over also created a new one. And all my villagers replied to my letters with gifts from yesterday. And big surprise, only Charlise returned the favour with a gift attached to her letter.

Wolfe

I should really come up with a road pattern for my town. Maybe I should start a new character just for that purpose.

I made a couple characters of friends of mine but they're still in tents and I've only talked to Sable with them a few times each, I'll get there someday :p

I guess it at least gives me plenty of time to come up with some patterns.

Linius

My extra character is progressing just fine. I think two more days for the QR machine now. He has the upper floor at second upgrade and the basement. When my turnips bring some money I'll further progress his house so I can fit everything in. Think I'm gonna do the gold and cabana set in that house. Already have a bug room, robo room and pascal items basement set up.

qq more

I made a couple characters of friends of mine but they're still in tents and I've only talked to Sable with them a few times each, I'll get there someday :p

I guess it at least gives me plenty of time to come up with some patterns.
I might end up making my own so I don't have to worry about the QR machine. I might also make my extra characters have cool houses since I have soooo many room ideas I want to do that won't be able to be in my main house.

making a second character takes up one of your 10 slots for villagers doesn't it?

Aw man, does it?! D:

Velcro Fly

So how do I get a tenth villager. I've had 9 for almost the entire time I've had my town. Is there some crazy requirement or is it just random.

I finally found the reason my town rating has been circling the drain the last week or so. I noticed yesterday it jumped up to so-so after taking down some trees, but I replanted some and built a Windmill which tanked the rating again today. Seems my town was so heavily balanced towards nature that my town was being rated very poorly. I took down a good 30 or 40 trees as a test and my rating shot up to perfect town.

Gonna have to reset since I took down loads of important trees, but now I know just to cut down all the useless banana/coconut trees and it'll be sorted. Rosie also finally suggested the Illuminated Heart so she can finally have that outside her house.

So how do I get a tenth villager. I've had 9 for almost the entire time I've had my town. Is there some crazy requirement or is it just random.
Campsite, asking a villager to move from another persons town on their leaving day, or randomly appears when you visit a town that a villager has just left.

By the way that reminds me... how do I get rid of a villager? My 10th one is lame!
Totally random, at 6am the game may assign a random villager that will want to leave. You can beat them up as much as you like and it won't matter, nor will treating villagers kindly to make them stay. I've had Rosie request to leave twice in the last two weeks despite being stupidly nice to her.

qq more

Just learned that the 10th villager usually comes from a friend's town.

By the way that reminds me... how do I get rid of a villager? My 10th one is lame!

Linius

I must say that it's near to impossible to gather complete sets without online play. I've been updating my sheet with sets I've only been getting trough villagers, shaking trees and Nooklings and I see I have like three or four items per set at the most :p

Wolfe

I finally found the reason my town rating has been circling the drain the last week or so. I noticed yesterday it jumped up to so-so after taking down some trees, but I replanted some and built a Windmill which tanked the rating again today. Seems my town was so heavily balanced towards nature that my town was being rated very poorly. I took down a good 30 or 40 trees as a test and my rating shot up to perfect town.

That sounds odd, I've always figured I had a ton of trees compared to all the other towns I've visited or seen and I haven't had any problems yet. Then again I don't have any orchards or anything so maybe mine are still well below whatever limit you've managed to hit due to being spread across my entire town.

Does every room except the basement score for Feng Shui or just the main room?

How does Feng Shui work for the side rooms? would the entrance to the room be south?

Does the HHA Theme challenge still use Feng Shui?

SuperSah

Banned
NoE is hosting a competition where each week they choose a theme and you upload a photo of your house in such fashion and the best will win a prize.

Chaos17

I would like to thank everyone who helped me build my (cute) Nintendo café.
I hope that I will be able to make it prettier in the futur with more differeent furnitures.

BP2uOSACIAA2OLN.jpg

Philia

Lately, its the damn scorpion hunt that's padding the hours. I normally go to bed at 10 since I get up at 6am to check on my flowers (before the day starts to make sure everything is pristine) and after to see what hybrids I got.

Rest of the day was mostly helping a lot of people with their gardens. Yard work at someone's town can take a hour or two.

Chopper

Gold watering can get! Silver and gold in consecutive days. How exciting.

Well I can finally chop down a load of trees I need to replace, and get rid of the stupid park clock that's partly blocking one of my paths. As well as work out how to overcome my dying bush issue. That one's going to be a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom