• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help me out, please, tree experts. Since I got my gold watering can, I started laying out my orchard today. In this first picture, I'm standing between two holes in front of a rock. Will my perfect peach trees grow in those two holes? I'm only planting a few trees a day but I wasn't sure about those two spots.

tumblr_mqeus2LQNk1qa25kqo3_400.jpg

I also managed to find two special stumps during all my chopping. One was, I think, an umbrella. The other a heart. I didn't even know you could get special stumps using regular axes.

tumblr_mqeus2LQNk1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

And here's my villagers trolling me with a red tulip in my little orange/purple rose patch.

tumblr_mqeuokc1yD1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

zroid

Banned
Help me out, please, tree experts. Since I got my gold watering can, I started laying out my orchard today. In this first picture, I'm standing between two holes in front of a rock. Will my perfect peach trees grow in those two holes? I'm only planting a few trees a day but I wasn't sure about those two spots.

I unfortunately don't know, but regardless, are you sure you want to put trees there and block potential money/ores from dropping?

Koren

No they won't, they need 8 free spaces around them. Besides, you'll be over 15 in a 7x7 area with this general spacing, so you'll probably have one tree that won't grow anyway.

tumblr_mqeus2LQNk1qa25kqo3_400.jpg

I also managed to find two special stumps during all my chopping. One was, I think, an umbrella. The other a heart. I didn't even know you could get special stumps using regular axes.

If you can't move between the hole and the rock, the tree won't grow.
And the 2nd stump pattern is the papyrus leaf symbol that Redd uses.

If you can't move between the hole and the rock, the tree won't grow.
And the stump pattern is the papyrus leaf symbol that Redd uses.

Ah, thanks. I couldn't figure out what it was.

No they won't, they need 8 free spaces around them. Besides, you'll be over 15 in a 7x7 area with this general spacing, so you'll probably have one tree that won't grow anyway.

That's what I thought, thank you. :)

I unfortunately don't know, but regardless, are you sure you want to put trees there and block potential money/ores from dropping?

Something else to consider, thanks.

Thank you for all the answers, guys! This is exactly why I laid out the grid of holes and am only planting a few trees per day.

zigg

Any theories on how to breed purple tulips? I never see anyone talking about them.
Funny you should ask. They seem to grow exclusively in towns where people aren't trying and aren't keeping track of what flowers are where. :lol

Philia found one in euda's town which we can't account for, and a friend of mine got one and moved it. Neither one can help us figure out what the parents are.

Levi

Banned
tumblr_mqevp1CTDK1qz9t7co1_400.jpg

I ruined some Nintendo items to make these paper lamps...

tumblr_mqevn2wJou1qz9t7co1_400.jpg

Finished applying all the gold pieces to my modern house. Think I'll see what they look like on a Zen Castle...

I stacked some fruit, thinking that Shrunk would just take one but then...

BP5EIccCAAAyZ0m.jpg:large

Fuck, he took everything! I don't mind. He can have it!

BP5EVJgCIAEM6Hm.jpg:large

Finally.

Edit:
BP5Pqa1CAAEbuPA.jpg:large

Whoah. Meteor showers?

Does anyone have a full set of minimalist, regal, modern, or classic furniture at Nook's that I can order from? I haven't seen any good furniture in my store for weeks now, and I'd like to finally complete my sets.

I don't have much money, but I can give you turnips for your time.

3926 4911 8234. PM me if you add me.

I have the full minimalist set if you need it.

P.S. I'm an idiot and thought I was sending that as a PM. Sorry!

MicH

Funny you should ask. They seem to grow exclusively in towns where people aren't trying and aren't keeping track of what flowers are where. :lol

Philia found one in euda's town which we can't account for, and a friend of mine got one and moved it. Neither one can help us figure out what the parents are.
That is pretty weird, haha. I read about it on some different forums and it seems that the lucky combo is indeed orange x orange. Must be really rare

SmithnCo

I have two and have tried breeding them by putting them together... no luck so far though.

I can attest to this. I have a single, solitary purple tulip in the front of my house, and I have no idea how it spawned.

ramyeon

Yeah I got one of those by accident awhile back, I think I have a few now.

Also got my first black rose entirely by accident this morning too. Not gonna complain about that.

I'm trying really hard not to neglect my town at this point, but SMT4 is sucking me in big-time. I basically only pop in to talk to villagers and check shops at this point... :( I'd probably get into it more heavily if my villagers would actually suggest public works projects.

And Hamlet would move out. :mad:

SuperSah

Banned
So I was tinkering around earlier and wondered how Animal Crossing sounds with headphones.

Stuck them in, and woah. Incredible. It adds so much sound effects I never heard before and walking near the waterfall gives off a massive roaring sound! :D

Mailbox's sound for the far right and the bass in Club 101 is outstanding. I was listening for 30 minutes straight. Headphones really immerse me and i'll probably not stop using them.

ramyeon

So I was tinkering around earlier and wondered how Animal Crossing sounds with headphones.

Stuck them in, and woah. Incredible. It adds so much sound effects I never heard before and walking near the waterfall gives off a massive roaring sound! :D

Mailbox's sound for the far right and the bass in Club 101 is outstanding. I was listening for 30 minutes straight. Headphones really immerse me and i'll probably not stop using them.
If you've been using your 3DS without headphones you've been doing it wrong. The speakers are terrible.

Elija2

The post office poster is really cute. I'm gonna put it in my villager pictures exhibit.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get Sable's mannequin. I scanned a couple more QR codes yesterday thinking that there was a certain amount amount that I needed to scan in order to get it, but she still didn't give it to me. Then I made my own QR code thinking maybe that was a requirement, but still no mannequin. This is outrageous. I'm beginning to think this might be a glitch. I mean, the Bug-Off is glitched too so I wouldn't be surprised if there were still a bunch of annoying bugs in this game months after the Japanese release.

In other news, the meteor shower started in my town. I can open up my gate later if people are interested in visiting and making a wish.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
About meteor showers, are they announced before hand? Or do you just walk out one night and BOOM meteors?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
OK, gates are open for Katrina Visits. If anybody is on my friend list, I'll keep my gate open for a while. The village is Townburg. If I don't respond, it's cause I'm not at my 3ds!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Caught Scorpion on second try. Didn't know what to do the first time, but I snatched the fucker up as he started inching.

BAWSE

braves01

Banned
Hi guys, got this game recently. FC is 5327-1353-6553 if anyone's still got space on their friend list. PM me your FC if you add me so I can reciprocate.

Hello CrossingGAF! Long time no post on this thread.

Just wanted to pop in and say that my town, Madera, will open in a few minutes; I have a bunch of extra Nintendo items that are taking up space and I'll be giving them away first-come, first-serve. Off the top of my head, have 1x of each of the 3 Pikmin helmets, Hero's Pants, Peach Parasol, Kart, Arwing, Mushroom Wall, etc. etc.

This is for those of you who still have me on their friends list; mine is full, so I can't add anyone; sorry. So in about 15 mins, just check open towns and look for Madera for free Nintendo items!

The post office poster is really cute. I'm gonna put it in my villager pictures exhibit.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get Sable's mannequin. I scanned a couple more QR codes yesterday thinking that there was a certain amount amount that I needed to scan in order to get it, but she still didn't give it to me. Then I made my own QR code thinking maybe that was a requirement, but still no mannequin. This is outrageous. I'm beginning to think this might be a glitch. I mean, the Bug-Off is glitched too so I wouldn't be surprised if there were still a bunch of annoying bugs in this game months after the Japanese release.

In other news, the meteor shower started in my town. I can open up my gate later if people are interested in visiting and making a wish.
I couldn't get Sable's mannequin for the longest time myself. I got the QR machine, couldn't get her to give the thing to me. I scanned an inventory-full of QR codes and continued talking to her for like two more weeks after that, but nothing. In that time, I was also making sure to talk to Mabel and I bought plenty of stuff from Labelle, so I knew it couldn't be anything like that. The only thing left was actually buying stuff from Mabel, which I never really bothered to do since I didn't care about shirts at all since my villagers gave me plenty of those and I didn't really care about the pants period. So I tried making sure to buy everything Mabel was selling for a few days, and after a few days of that, sure enough, Sable finally gave me her mannequin yesterday. So from what I can tell, there seems to be a requirement of having bought at least ~10-15 items from Mabel or something like that to get Sable's mannequin, on top of the friendship requirement. Even if that's not exactly all there is to it, since I had done literally everything else, having bought a certain amount of stuff from Mabel definitely seems to be necessary to get Sable's mannequin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom