• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Some pics:

tumblr_mqfhuxwS1p1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Midfight at MisterSamMan's town

tumblr_mqfhwgjMpP1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Aw yeah

tumblr_mqfhydtgRK1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

rpmurphy glitching it up

tumblr_mqfhyyNa8t1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Thanks eggwolio!

Also stumbled onto several villager-villager convos:

tumblr_mqfie7Hvfx1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mqfie7Hvfx1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mqfie7Hvfx1sw5rnlo3_400.jpg

tumblr_mqfie7Hvfx1sw5rnlo4_400.jpg

tumblr_mqfie7Hvfx1sw5rnlo5_400.jpg

tumblr_mqfie7Hvfx1sw5rnlo6_400.jpg

tumblr_mqfie7Hvfx1sw5rnlo7_400.jpg

tumblr_mqfie7Hvfx1sw5rnlo8_400.jpg

tumblr_mqfie7Hvfx1sw5rnlo9_400.jpg

tumblr_mqfie7Hvfx1sw5rnlo10_400.jpg

Thought this one was pretty amusing. Don't want to post all the others since it'd be a ton of pictures, but if you'd like to see the rest, you can check my tumblr page.

Ok so while I love the dialogue responses in this game...I just saw the best one yet.

I'm pulling shenanigans in my town so I won't spoil it, but its if you fail Gracie's fashion check the first time and come back for another try.

LostAnkh

Um, I don't know if this has ever happened to anyone, but my cartridge isn't working...
The gold contacts aren't dirty or anything, but I see one of the white dividers that is chipped/nicked.

Can Nintendo help me with this problem and make sure my save is safe?

Hi guys, finally got my account up and running and thought I'd join in on the Animal Crossing fun :) Thought I'd start off with some screens.

HNI_0018.JPG

I get the feeling Peanut might be a bit lonely...

HNI_0021.JPG

Caught Lily and Lopez fighting because they were wearing the same top.

HNI_0022.JPG

Uh oh, I think it's about to go down.

HNI_0020.JPG

Just the dream code for anyone curious.

I haven't had the game for all that long so there's still a lot to be done. Just had my museum second floor open up today so that was nice. Anyway, hope to enjoy sharing the AC stuff with you guys ;)

I open minus in the 3ds browser and it chokes and dies before it can load half the page. I'm not sure how to work it.
Use abload.de. It's a German site, but I don't know a lick of German and still find it extremely easy to use (especially on the 3DS), as it's the same basic deal with all image-hosting sites:
1.) Open up the site on your 3DS.
2.) Press the gray "Browse..". button and select your picture (part of what makes this particularly easy on the 3DS version, as that isn't there on the PC version of the site).
3.) Press the "Abload!" button (and just ignore the stuff above it--it doesn't matter at all).
4.) The BB code and whatever will be just a bit down on the next page (I just go for the direct link box, which will always start with "http://abload.de/img/hni_00" for Animal Crossing pics.

Also, if you want to upload multiple images at once from your 3DS, it's easy to do that from the site as well--just tap the green "+" icon right above the "Browse..." box to add another one.

I've never had a problem uploading anything from my 3DS using that site.

Use abload.de. It's a German site, but I don't know a lick of German and still find it extremely easy to use (especially on the 3DS), as it's the same basic deal with all image-hosting sites:
1.) Open up the site on your 3DS.
2.) Press the gray "Browse..". button and select your picture (part of what makes this particularly easy on the 3DS version, as that isn't there on the PC version of the site).
3.) Press the "Abload!" button (and just ignore the stuff above it--it doesn't matter at all).
4.) The BB code and whatever will be just a bit down on the next page (I just go for the direct link box, which will always start with "http://abload.de/img/hni_00" for Animal Crossing pics.

Also, if you want to upload multiple images at once from your 3DS, it's easy to do that from the site as well--just tap the green "+" icon right above the "Browse..." box to add another one.

I've never had a problem uploading anything from my 3DS using that site.

Thanks a ton. I figured it out and got it to work. I had to put in the URL directly since it seems the Google search for abload takes you somewhere else. I'll refrain from posting blatant examples of the future as to not spoil things (like my pictures of the firework festival).

In case you weren't aware, you can sit under your town tree to learn your town history (its like the games credits). Others can view it as well.
hni_0045_jpg6zlrm.jpg

hni_0082_jpg09age.jpg

Disneyland
hni_0062_jpg49akp.jpg

This is what is considered the height of fashion by GracieGrace:
hni_0076_jpgmqa26.jpg

hni_0074_jpg8yy55.jpg

hni_0079_jpg0cad4.jpg

hni_0078_jpgwuxoh.jpg

Linius

iqrn87CZgfeVn.JPG
iOz4EFaraTMS4.JPG

New station opened at last and my police station got suggested :D

ibsYkLMB56p2fN.JPG
ibgpOqPaxkjsnG.JPG

Claudia mentioned Coquette. Thought post it anyways, though she haven't been in the thread for a while now.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
GOD DAMNIT did I really need a THIRD pig? No, I really dind'nt. Fuck you, Animal Crossing >(

My son got three pigs at the start of a new town. You'd think Nintendo would at least tweak the randomness to avoid half your population being the same animal.

Animekatt

My son got three pigs at the start of a new town. You'd think Nintendo would at least tweak the randomness to avoid half your population being the same animal.

I had two rabbits at the start, with a third coming within the first week. The last rabbit has since moved on, so now I have a (ugly) bear in her place.

Linius

Got a few badges this morning. The day after I had my 100th visitor I also got the badge for traveling to 100 towns myself. Then he gave me a badge for helping my villagers. And the silver one who saving up a shitload of money.

Also, Katrina is in my town. Will open up later today and let you guys know if anyone wants to get another fortune session.

Marvie_3

Banned
I had two rabbits at the start, with a third coming within the first week. The last rabbit has since moved on, so now I have a (ugly) bear in her place.

That's how it was with kangaroos for me. Had Walt and Kitt to start. Then Astrid was the next to move in. I'm still stuck with all 3 of them.

Tash

Got a few badges this morning. The day after I had my 100th visitor I also got the badge for traveling to 100 towns myself. Then he gave me a badge for helping my villagers. And the silver one who saving up a shitload of money.

Also, Katrina is in my town. Will open up later today and let you guys know if anyone wants to get another fortune session.

She was in my town twice in a row and I forgot to visit her both days due to work and renovations at home -.-

Also again with the tall display case. Anyone know?
Seems I can only customize it at Retail and display miniature dino things (which I do not have yet) according to google. Can anyone confirm that?

Linius

She was in my town twice in a row and I forgot to visit her both days due to work and renovations at home -.-

Also again with the tall display case. Anyone know?
Seems I can only customize it at Retail and display miniature dino things (which I do not have yet) according to google. Can anyone confirm that?

I can check in with Cyrus, I have the tall displaycase and a miniature at hand. I'll post when I know it.

Linius

Thanks, much appreciated :)

Cyrus says I can change the color of the pedestal to black. And for the painting I can choose a clothing fabric, own design or a list of his suggestions which are: sunset, night view, still-life painting or prairie.

I don't have a painting on me now but I wonder if that's an option too. At least he's says nothing about the fossil.

EDIT

Checked at home if I could put the fossil miniature in it and I can't.

Tash

Cyrus says I can change the color of the pedestal to black. And for the painting I can choose a clothing fabric, own design or a list of his suggestions which are: sunset, night view, still-life painting or prairie.

I don't have a painting on me now but I wonder if that's an option too. At least he's says nothing about the fossil.

EDIT

Checked at home if I could put the fossil miniature in it and I can't.

So weird, that thing is pretty much useless then :/

On other news for you GoT mayors :)
http://www.qrcrossing.com/melody/?s=eningfeningfhnno

Linius

I'm a perfect pear guy and I had a great harvest today. Nearly five baskets full to add to my locker. Had no idea I planted so many at once a while back :p

Chopper

Katrina's in my town if anyone on my list wants in. Gates are open. Also, I think my turnip price will explode in about 15 mins...

Linius

Katrina's in my town if anyone on my list wants in. Gates are open. Also, I think my turnip price will explode in about 15 mins...

If you're open later today I'll pop by. I never really focussed on Katrina and passed on it most of the time. Think I only had four or five readings up till now. Time to right that.

Over 3 hours of PWP request farming this morning and still nothing. Seriously Rosie, stop asking me stupid questions and give me the last Peppy request so I can finally start putting down some benches in town.

Chopper

Yup. Katrina foretold great turnip prices. Apparently a Tin Shirt will optimise that luck! Quick, someone!

Edit: Boom! Third mannequin. Sweet.

Yup. Katrina foretold great turnip prices. Apparently a Tin Shirt will optimise that luck! Quick, someone!

Oh my. I bought that shirt yesterday in my shop to mail to a villager as a present. I can try to order another one for the 9 AM (2 hours) mail delivery but I'm not sure if it'll make it through my HHA theme orders.

Chopper

Oh my. I bought that shirt yesterday in my shop to mail to a villager as a present. I can try to order another one for the 9 AM (2 hours) mail delivery but I'm not sure if it'll make it through my HHA theme orders.
I think I needed the shirt. My price just plummeted! What a let down. Still, I learned something about the way Katrina can operate today. Her usefulness has always been a bit ambiguous in my eyes.

Can anyone here confirm if the Metal Bench PWP (the black fancy one) does actually come from peppy types? After 3 and a half hours with nothing I'm starting to suspect it isn't actually from that personality.

I wanna buy a throne, someone in my Streetpass village has it but it will cost $960,000 to order.

Its only $800,000 at Nooks right? I haven't seen it yet.

MicH

Got my PWP suggestion pretty damn early today. Stack if rice. Well, guess it had to happen eventually.

ZGIVE ME THE DAMN ZEN BRIDGE, CESAR. NOT THIS CRAP :(

I can't live with only two bridges much longer

Also, is it me or did everything get a much darker green color today? The trees and bushes look much more vibrant

mrklaw

MrArseFace
do withered perfect fruit trees take the same number of axe swings to chop down? (i.e will axes still break as quickly)

and do withered perfect fruit trees negatively affect a perfect town? If so I'll need to leave my fruit until I get my gold watering can.

Linius

Does anyone know of a good guide for the HHA theme challenge? I'm a bit stuck right now.

I scored 995.000 two days a go without even having the full exterior right. Inside full polka dot, full sleek, full minimalist, full modern, full campus, some astro furniture and all of the stripe furniture except for the wall and floor because I put that set together in one room with the campus set. Also had three cicadas and a bunch of trendy random furniture. Everything directing the right way and nothing on the ground. Even had a bunch of non trendy stuff so I was surprised by that score.

The day after (yesterday) I got my new roof from Nook and there by completing my trendy exterior, added a few random trendy items I got my hands on and that's all I had done. Score? 700.000. HOW?!

Well yesterday I decided to took everything non-trendy out of the house and all of a sudden I score 915.000. Though still lower than the 995.000 from earlier on. And I have no idea how to up my score at this point besides the fact of adding a few trendy items and stuff the place to one ugly trendy hell hole. What's the score I have to reach anyways?

Static proving again that he is my favorite villager (along with Mint). Yesterday while doing my rounds he ran up to me to suggest the lighthouse. Aww yeah

Now if only someone would suggest the windmill ._.

My Nooks is closed for upgrades tomorrow. Right on schedule. But it seems like it just upgraded to the Super T&T. Amazing how much faster time seems to pass when you step back a bit from the game and play less. Today I'll be checking my catalog while it's still available to me for outfits I need to put together for Gracie's categories.

And my campsite is empty yet again. :(

Can anyone here confirm if the Metal Bench PWP (the black fancy one) does actually come from peppy types? After 3 and a half hours with nothing I'm starting to suspect it isn't actually from that personality.

MicH's post seems to confirm it. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=72303676&postcount=14355

UberTag

Does anyone know of a good guide for the HHA theme challenge? I'm a bit stuck right now.

I scored 995.000 two days a go without even having the full exterior right. Inside full polka dot, full sleek, full minimalist, full modern, full campus, some astro furniture and all of the stripe furniture except for the wall and floor because I put that set together in one room with the campus set. Also had three cicadas and a bunch of trendy random furniture. Everything directing the right way and nothing on the ground. Even had a bunch of non trendy stuff so I was surprised by that score.

The day after (yesterday) I got my new roof from Nook and there by completing my trendy exterior, added a few random trendy items I got my hands on and that's all I had done. Score? 700.000. HOW?!

Well yesterday I decided to took everything non-trendy out of the house and all of a sudden I score 915.000. Though still lower than the 995.000 from earlier on. And I have no idea how to up my score at this point besides the fact of adding a few trendy items and stuff the place to one ugly trendy hell hole. What's the score I have to reach anyways?
You need 1.1 million total HHA points to conquer the theme challenge.

The key is that you want 90% of the items in your rooms to match the Trendy theme as possible.
It makes a SIGNIFICANT impact on your bonus if you have less than 90%.

And moving a trendy item from one room to another can effectively kill your bonus in one room and not provide it in another.,, which would explain a score drop like the one you mentioned.

The other dilemma is that a number of items have been misidentified as Trendy on Thonky courtesy of mistakes in the Prima guide and elsewhere. The Liquefy FAQ has recently been updated to correct many of these mistakes so I would advise that you cross-reference against it to qualify whether items you may believe are trendy actually are not and are hurting your score.

Chopper

do withered perfect fruit trees take the same number of axe swings to chop down? (i.e will axes still break as quickly)

and do withered perfect fruit trees negatively affect a perfect town? If so I'll need to leave my fruit until I get my gold watering can.
These are good questions. Additionally, does it affect town rating if you replace every native tree with a perfect version? I know that you had to have a certain number of native trees in Wild World in order to maintain perfect status.

How lenient is bridge building? Before committing to demolition, would I be able to move this bridge exactly one square to the right?

87CTDmb.jpg

Linius

You need 1.1 million total HHA points to conquer the theme challenge.

The key is that you want 90% of the items in your rooms to match the Trendy theme as possible.
It makes a SIGNIFICANT impact on your bonus if you have less than 90%.

And moving a trendy item from one room to another can effectively kill your bonus in one room and not provide it in another.,, which would explain a score drop like the one you mentioned.

The other dilemma is that a number of items have been misidentified as Trendy on Thonky courtesy of mistakes in the Prima guide and elsewhere. The Liquefy FAQ has recently been updated to correct many of these mistakes so I would advise that you cross-reference against it to qualify whether items you may believe are trendy actually are not and are hurting your score.

Thanks! Liquefy Faq is the one you also posted here with the bug off?

Yesterday my house was 100% trendy btw except for a few items that have no theme at all. According to MoridB that is. Do you know if themeless items affect your score negatively too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom