• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philia

If you don't mind sparing one, I would love to start breeding carnations. I still keep mine in my house for safekeeping.

K, I'll come over with one on hand. :) I didn't know you need one! :3 Let me know when your gates is open. I'd love to shop at your new store.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Roses

5 red+ (I hope)
4 white+
12 purple
9 orange
4 black
3 pink

Cosmos

13 orange
6 pink

Pansies

11 blue
11 orange

Tulips

1 orange
4 pinks
1 black

Recently been watering my purple and orange roses to get their numbers up. Gave one purple away during my turnip sale. Purples seem to spawn quicker for me than the oranges. Pinks haven't really done much on their own so I may have to go back to breeding red and whites. Blacks are too new to say much about them. They all came from my red+

Blue pansies seem to spawn quickly for me once I got two.

I heard breeding orange and pink cosmos together get you black but I've had no luck with that.

I haven't been bothering with tulips at all which is why I have a low number.

MicH

K, I'll come over with one on hand. :) I didn't know you need one! :3 Let me know when your gates is open. I'd love to shop at your new store.
Thank you! My gates are open.

I bought most of the stuff already, but feel free to check it out.

Spotlight item today is the Rococo dresser (which I believe everyone has by now :p)

Linius

What is the best guide for hybrid breeding with some true facts about certain colors? I'd like to arrange my flowers more. I only have a few of them grouped for breeding.

Koren

What is the best guide for hybrid breeding with some true facts about certain colors? I'd like to arrange my flowers more. I only have a few of them grouped for breeding.
Same here...

I have probably currently ~10 orange roses, ~8 rose ones, 2 purple ones, a black one and an unknown number of red+ (damn the villagers!)

Haven't tried much to get anything else except blue pansies (but I'm beginning to think I'm mistaken), but I still have a bunch of orange ones. And a couple of other hybrids.

Philia

Blacks are too new to say much about them. They all came from my red+

Blue pansies seem to spawn quickly for me once I got two.

I heard breeding orange and pink cosmos together get you black but I've had no luck with that.

I haven't been bothering with tulips at all which is why I have a low number.

Thank you for this info! :) This helps a ton. I had a sneaky suspicion about blacks too. I've been adding my Reds to the farm plots. And suddenly got a black in that area. :)

And ditto with black cosmos. :\ I had a crap ton of them (orange/pinks) and no luck. Zigg happen to spawn his from a orangexorange cross. My advice for blacks still stands as pink/orange AND/OR pink/orange. Recipe for blacks still stands as RedxRed though for Cosmos, Tulips, Lilies and Roses.

MicH

Also my town tree has grown bigger today. I can now sit on the curb and listen to a beautiful sog while reading about my town.

One sucky thing: Villagers that moved out are not remembered and seem to be deleted from the town history :/

But it does say how many visitors I've had: 190 (191 with Philia just now)

Close to another badge!

Linius

I've been using this one so far and I have almost all types of hybrids except the blue Roses.

Think I'll hop on back to this guide then. Maybe do some gardening work tonight.

Also my town tree has grown bigger today. I can now sit on the curb and listen to a beautiful sog while reading about my town.

One sucky thing: Villagers that moved out are not remembered and seem to be deleted from the town history :/

But it does say how many visitors I've had: 190 (191 with Philia just now)

Close to another badge!

That's a lot! I hope my town tree will grow pretty soon too. I take it that the tree grows on a set date not depending on how many days you've played right? Because I haven't played every day since release...

I haven't even begun laying out my gardens for hybrids. I've basically just planted all types wherever I felt at the time and now and then a hybrid pops out. I should probably spend some time making the place a bit neater.

Linius

There's two things I'd like to get done first: getting that golden watering can (six days in now) and laying out my paths. If that is done I can start chopping some trees, building some PWP's that I spared up during my perfect town days and laying out gardens. Hopefully I'll end up with enough pretty flowers (blue one mostly :D) to put them alongside my paths paired with bushes and stuff.

I'm curious what's everyone's head count on hybrids these days.
Oh boy, let's go:

Roses:
- 3 Red+ Roses (I have a feeling that one of them isn't a Red+ rose, but it's still so difficult getting anything to spawn next to them.)
- 4 Black Roses, soon to be golden roses once I get my gold watering can.
- 10 Pink Roses
- 13 Orange Roses
- 4 Purple Roses (I need more of these...)
-
Blue Roses

Violets:
- 4 Blue Violets. I actually used to have 5, but I stupidly destroyed it with a shovel. Forgive me, hybrid crazies. :(

Pansies:
- 12 Orange Pansies
- 3 Blue Pansies

Tulips:
- 1 Black Tulip.
- 3 Pink Tulips.
- 1 Orange Tulips.

Cosmos:
- 19 Pink Cosmos.
- 5 Orange Cosmos

Lilies:
- 1 Orange Lily. I used to have a pink one which also died in a freak accident early on in my AC flower caring career.

Philia

Oh boy, let's go:

I actually used to have 5, but I stupidly destroyed it with a shovel. Forgive me, hybrid crazies. :(

LMAO, I'm sure we all have accidents like this. Just yesterday I've a running accident with my black tulip. XD This is why I put up bushes along my paths so I won't have another like that lol. And yes, I run. In my own town on my paths only. Fuck grass wear and all that, paths are there for a good reason. :3

Also, I'm impressed spindashing with your hybridizing skills! Good job! :)

MicH

LMAO, I'm sure we all have accidents like this. Just yesterday I've a running accident with my black tulip. XD This is why I put up bushes along my paths so I won't have another like that lol. And yes, I run. In my own town on my paths only. Fuck grass wear and all that, paths are there for a good reason. :3

Yeah, I carelessly destroyed a pink tulip very early on fleeing from bees :(

Also my grass wear is atrocious. I can't take it and EVERYWHERE IS DIRT. I don't get it as I do not run anywhere except on my paths. It is really, really bad. Almost tempted to time travel a month in advance to help it regrow (I think that's how it works).

It never seems to grow back - just get worse.

Linius

I always run on paths, why else should we lay them down right? Okay, they look good :p

Also my grass wear is atrocious. I can't take it and EVERYWHERE IS DIRT. I don't get it as I do not run anywhere except on my paths. It is really, really bad. Almost tempted to time travel a month in advance to help it regrow (I think that's how it works).

Don't you dare!

I've got some you can have. If I need more I can always just hit a tour.

i've gone on 50+ tours to collect yellows, i only find 1-2 every run. i decide to plaster all my paths with yellow and reds. what a stupid idea but i'm half done so no quitting now :D

i'd love to have them.

Mine seems about the same, the only reason I ever leave my path is to water flowers or reach a fossil.

MicH

I always run on paths, why else should we lay them down right? Okay, they look good :p

Don't you dare!
Don't worry, I won't, but this is absolutely ridiculous. The absolute worst "feature" in this game.

Broken in City Folk, still broken in this game. UGH

Philia

Well I can attest that having a flower garden WILL restore the grass back for sure. But so is NOT walking on it... and so is time... and so is bushes and the like... there's nothing definite that's saying what WILL restore the grass in a much better fashion for sure. :(

I'm going to have to start buying some bushes, then! I plan to start laying out paths after I get my golden can.

And thanks, I try! I'd loooove to get more blue pansies, though.

I had a decent hybrid haul this morning, I came out with one orange rose and two pink cosmos. For some odd reason, I haven't been getting too many purple roses even though I have too many white roses.

MicH, don't time travel! We're all going through the deterioration...

Linius

Don't worry, I won't, but this is absolutely ridiculous. The absolute worst "feature" in this game.

Broken in City Folk, still broken in this game. UGH

Yeah and it also doesn't make sense at all. I can run around for ages on real grass without complete pieces of it are disappearing. In the world of Animal Crossing you can run around a few days and you'll start noticing your grass just disappears into some void. It's a bit annoying.

On the other hand, trees grow in three days, so I can't complain about physics too much :p

i've gone on 50+ tours to collect yellows, i only find 1-2 every run. i decide to plaster all my paths with yellow and reds. what a stupid idea but i'm half done so no quitting now :D

i'd love to have them.

No worries mate, I'll go collect them and bring them to you if you like :) It won't be heaps, maybe 10-15

EDIT: could I trade them for any other random flowers? just because they are dirt spot covers and I wouldn't mind replacing them. I just don't care what with.

No worries mate, I'll go collect them and bring them to you if you like :) It won't be heaps, maybe 10-15

EDIT: could I trade them for any other random flowers? just because they are dirt spot covers and I wouldn't mind replacing them. I just don't care what with.

sure, i have plenty. just take what you need.

Here's my hybrid count. This is after selling some orange pansies and accidentally digging up a blue violet a week ago.

Tulips
Pink: 8
Black: 3
Orange: 2

Pansies
Orange: 6
Blue: 2

Cosmos
Orange: 15
Black: 1 (no orange bed yet so this is a stray)
Pink: 7

Roses
Black: 1
Pink: 10
Orange: 5
Purple: 2
Red*: 1 at least but I don't breed on the beach. I suspect I have 2 now.

Lilies
Orange: 2
Black: 1

Violets
Blue: 2

I've been dutifully organizing little hybrid patches in different spots but most of my focus has been on trees. My perfect peach orchard is still a baby and my tree lined paths are only half-finished.

And I run on my paths too because I want natural dirt paths someday instead of patterns. I've seen some pretty good improvement in grass growth from planting trees.

Oh, question: I can't get one of those awful rafflesia flowers from having a lot of trees, can I?

Philia

Here's my hybrid count. This is after selling some orange pansies and accidentally digging up a blue violet a week ago.

Cosmos
Black: 1 (no orange bed yet so this is a stray)

Oh, question: I can't get one of those awful rafflesia flowers from having a lot of trees, can I?

What do you mean by your Black Cosmos? What's your parent pair for it?

Rafflesia is easily achieved by not weeding your town AT ALL. Enough weeds will encourage this STINKY thing to spawn.

What do you mean by your Black Cosmos? What's your parent pair for it?

Rafflesia is easily achieved by not weeding your town AT ALL. Enough weeds will encourage this STINKY thing to spawn.

I have beautiful town and I take care of weeds but I was worried that a lot of trees might cause one to grow too.

The black cosmo came from the orange cosmos that line my cafe. They're not arranged in a bed yet so that guy just snuck through.

Philia

I have beautiful town and I take care of weeds but I was worried that a lot of trees might cause one to grow too.

The black cosmo came from the orange cosmos that line my cafe. They're not arranged in a bed yet so that guy just snuck through.

Mmm, another orange x orange = black success story. I'll now try breeding a black with my oranges for sure. Thanks! :3

Linius

There's a thread on Gamefaqs from some dude who's buying hybrids.

Orange:

Roses (30,000 bells each)
Cosmos (30,000 bells each)
Tulips (30,000 bells each)
Lilies (30,000 bells each)
Pansies (20,000 bells each)

Considering orange cosmos and pansies aren't too hard to come by that seems like a lot of bells :p

Philia

I've got a private beach in my town that you can't access unless you swim there, maybe I'll use that as a flower breeding area

Secret beaches supposed to be reserved for reds+ so you won't confuse the bastard roses with your reds+ that your neighbors like to troll you with.

I hope black cosmos look good because I cannot stress how much I hate how the other black flowers look...

#Racist

LMAO. I actually like how my black tulips look.

Linius

Secret beaches supposed to be reserved for reds+ so you won't confuse the bastard roses that your neighbors like to confuse you with.

I do hope my villagers won't come to that area on my beach where you planted those orange×purple roses :lol

I've only seen one villager entering my beach luckily, so I guess I'll be fine.

MicH

Picture dump time!

tumblr_mqhwpe04TX1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Reading about my lovely town while listening to kickass music!

tumblr_mqhwqpWBiq1svgayqo1_400.jpg

My complete all-gold mansion! Definitely not keeping this. Looks terrible

tumblr_mqhwrxsBbj1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Stinky is moving. Everyone seems to be wanting to GTFO of town very quickly? :( Gayle wanted to go yesterday and Muffy JUST left. Whyyy?

tumblr_mqhwu7SZGa1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Cesar being awesome and suggesting the zen bridge!

tumblr_mqhwv8ybPt1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Thanks to Philias generousity I can start breeding carnations!

And here are some pictures of my horrendous grass wear

tumblr_mqhwt650WE1svgayqo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mqhwwf64F11svgayqo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mqhwxhPqSG1svgayqo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mqhwymy5ZA1svgayqo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mqhwztEZ1i1svgayqo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mqhx12JkOf1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Just look at it! There's NOTHINGl eft! This is City Folk levels of hrass wear!!

Philia

Picture dump time!

Just look at it! There's NOTHINGl eft! This is City Folk levels of hrass wear!!

Wow... that's... yeah. :( My condolences man.

Also... if your Gayle is ever boxed up, I'm interested in taking her. She's absolute must have for my town. :3

MicH

Wow... that's... yeah. :( My condolences man.

Also... if your Gayle is ever boxed up, I'm interested in taking her. She's absolute must have for my town. :3
If I ever let her go, she's yours. I really like her, but her house is in a less than desired place. If I get a Normal-type animal that I like more than Gayle, I might let her go. She's a PINK ALLIGATOR :D What's not to like? ÆD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom