• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Here's my hybrid situation:

Cosmos
Pink: 16
Orange: 10
Black: 2

Lilies
Orange: 1

Pansies
Orange: 4

Roses
Pink: 7
Orange: 2
Black: 3

Tulips
Pink: 9
Orange: 5
Black: 6

Violets
Blue: 3

I didn't really start taking this seriously until about a week ago; before then, I just clustered a bunch of conspecific flowers together and hoped for the best. :p Mostly been ignoring Lilies entirely, for whatever reason. They look kind of ugly to me. >_>

Linius

Boo... I'm missing out on gardening discussion day.
Ah well, back to work I go.

eAs.jpg

I beat the basterd finally, thanks for your help again ;)

PANSIES orange: 3 or so, I think I lost a couple of hybrids to idiot friends running around
blue: 4-6, can't recall since they're not all in the same bed

COSMOS orange: 5
pink: 2

TULIPS orange: 4 or so
black: 1

ROSES pink: 6 or so
orange: 7 probably
purple: 2
black: 2

LILIES orange: 0 or 1

VIOLETS blue: 1

I would really love a 2nd carnation if someone has a spare.

Chopper

Neither is THIS.

BP3zMbPCcAAiICC.jpg:large

Messy gardens do have a benefit of randomness, but you can't control which hybrids you can get.
Whilst I have been using this guide, that screenshot suggests that those yellow tulips spawned the purple. It seems weird that they would neuter yellows' power entirely after their ability to spawn blacks in Wild World. Though it depends on the parents of course.

She dropped her ticket. How depressing :(
You'll still get the prize. She gets the next train!

Philia

Whilst I have been using this guide, that screenshot suggests that those yellow tulips spawned the purple. It seems weird that they would neuter yellows' power entirely after their ability to spawn blacks in Wild World. Though it depends on the parents of course.

I know. Remember, Zigg had donated some of these and were possible yellows+. Lets not neglect that red either. There's still a possible spawn spot from a yellow+red cross too. Also, the empty spot in that screenshot is actually the tree.

Philia

I know. Imagine my headache when I saw this. I had to ASK her repeatedly to make sure that spot was untouched when the purple tulip had spawned.

But don't worry, I took those 4 nearby tulips and will be trying to reverse breed them to see their parents as well as breed the super rare purple tulip. :)

Roto13

Just look at it! There's NOTHINGl eft! This is City Folk levels of hrass wear!!

Yeah, I don't even run and the northern half of my town (where most of my non-villager-houses stuff is) is just a desert at this point. Stupid feature.

Currently getting a bunch of flowers from the island so I can spend the next month watering my entire town every day so I can have grass again. >_>

Linius

She dropped her ticket. How depressing :(

I know right. I've never seen one of my katies dropping their ticket btw, do you even see that happening?

Toy Camera too.

Good to know :)

Okay, how did you manage this exactly? I just want to get the prizes and forget about it.

Room 1

- Full modern
- Laptop
- Executive Toy
- Digital Photoframe
- Electric Kettle
- Large Magazine Rack
- Balance Board
- Poster Stand
- DJ Booth
- Electric/Metal/Rock Guitar
- Gold Stereo
- Arrow Sign
- Computer Desk
- Small Spotlight
- Wall Mounted Speaker
- Simon's Pic (not trendy)

Room 2

- Full Minimalist
- Home Computer Rack
- Computer Desk
- Small Spotlight
- Wall Mounted Speaker
- Watercooler
- CD Shelf
- Six/Eight Lamp
- Coathanger
- Rope Partition
- Aroma Pot
- TV Camera
- Laptop
- K.K. Record
- Chaisse Lounge

Then in my other rooms just more full trendy sets (Stripe, Polka dot, Sleek) and a few pieces of Astro furniture. Also the Campus set minus wall and floor. And more random trendy furniture like the Flat Screen TV and a few trendy records on the wall. Stripped every room from every piece of furniture that is not trendy except for Simon's pic. Also have three cicada's in one of the rooms and have the full trendy exterior.

I'm gonna go nuts if I won't receive a letter from the HHA tomorrow informing me that I got past 1.1 million points.

Bradlums

I'm curious what's everyone's head count on hybrids these days. I'm noticing that some are having issues getting blacks while some are having issues getting a blue pansy. Messy gardens or not, I'm curious anyway. :)

I'll start off.

12 Red Carnations - Breeding these are pretty successful since no neighbor will interfere and there's only one color of currently. I had 5 originally, mine, my husband's, SamuraiHeart's and two from Kouriozan's. I've been donating the extras to avid gardeners. :)

34 Orange Pansies - The most common and easiest hybrid to get... I'm hating these so much.
7 Blue Pansies - Still rare, but I've not bred them together a whole lot, still using them as component breeding pairs for the Purple Pansy. Starting that now though since I think I have enough reds+ for my purple pansy plot.

29 Orange Cosmos
27 Pink Cosmos
A lot of these but yet no black. Meh.

10 Orange Tulips
13 Pink Tulips
15 Black Tulips

I'm working on the Purple Tulip plot, eudaemonic was very lucky with her messy garden to spawn one. Here's the thing though. Her garden was ruined by an irl friend a while back, and Zigg had donated a bunch of his flowers since he was an avid gardener himself. And she've moved all of these flowers to the north section in an unorderly fashion. Somewhere along the way, these special flowers had spawned a purple behind a tree that she never had noticed until I've arrived at her town to clean up her garden. Imagine my... frustration asking her if she remembered if she've moved these tulips before that purple tulip had spawned there or not. The knowledge of the recipe of the purple tulip is very beneficial, but since we don't know what's the direct line of colors of this color was made, I'll be trying to reverse breed the supposed purple tulip's parents that were nearby.

Right now the recipe for the Purple Tulip is Orange X Orange but her tulips near the damn thing were yellow, yellow, red and red! :\ I've took these and will be trying to breed it at my town while her purple tulip stays and is a breeding pair with her other hybrid tulips. Meanwhile, my orange tulip plot had been quite fruitless.

6 Orange Roses - I'm not a fan of yellow roses personally...
18 Pink Roses - Yes... I'm a huge fan of these. They're fitting along with my paths quite nicely. :3
13 Purple Roses - I like white roses a lot since they're perfect with my paths too.
2 Black Roses - Still rare... I've sold 3 of these a long ago to zigg.

3 Orange Lilies - I think this is my favorite color of Lilies... I don't know why, they're just great looking instead of any other color. And I hate orange too.
9 Pink Lilies
3 Black Lilies

5 Blue Violets

Now before anyone ask, yes, I've been taking hybrids from my hubby's game and SamuraiHeart's. But I've ALSO sold a bunch to Zigg for his Rosie. :) She's totally worth it imho. :3

That is a crazy amount of hybrids, about how many does your town spawn a day?
Is there anyway I could buy a purple rose and 2 red carnations?

Edit: Also, say I'm trying to breed orange roses from orange and yellow roses in a grid. Do I water just the orange roses or the yellow ones as well? I'm afraid if I water the yellows unnecessarily they'll breed with other neighboring flowers.

Found my first blue violet today! I'm okay with this.
BQBz74cCMAIBtza.jpg

Also, my Samus mask is not only a convenient anti-tanning device, but also stops people giving funny looks about my haircut.
BQB1GkfCcAA52oR.jpg

zigg

Consider diagonals. You could also be looking at yellow x either of those reds.

Betty

Banned
I'm pretty sure Thonky updated their Hybrid guide info, I had my carnations set to pink x red like they suggested but was getting no whites.

Then they said pink x pink was the key and sure enough, it was.

BQB1CfiCAAAOyQU.jpg:large

I get a fair amount of streetpasses, maybe 10 a week.

Whats amusing is my 3DS almost never leaves the house...I have it by the window.

Im bothered by the way people expand their house. Out of the 30 homes I have in the viewing area, NOT ONE built the basement before the extra rooms on the first floor.

DO YOU PEOPLE HATE TRADITION?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
2 Orange Pansies

2 Orange Tulips
3 Pink Tulips
2 Black Tulips

19 Orange Roses
9 Pink Roses
7 Purple Roses
3 Black Roses

1 Orange Lily

5 Blue Violets

Was curious too so I took a look. I guess not too bad for not actively trying to do anything really :p This isn't counting any flower gifts I've been given.

Philia

So.. if I'm looking at this right, this would pretty much be the most efficient setup? (I put the tulips there as an example)

HNI_0027.JPG

Sure. Zigg has his town set up with this rule of pairs alone. I'm more of a HUGE beds type though.

Was curious too so I took a look. I guess not too bad for not actively trying to do anything really :p This isn't counting any flower gifts I've been given.

Did I help you with my garden service? I can't remember.

Do Jacob's Ladders help hybrids? I believe I read that somewhere that it helps, I haven't been getting many lately.

Myth since WW days.

abundant

My hybrid count:

10 Orange Cosmos
7 Pink Cosmos

3 Orange Tulips
3 Black Tulips
5 Pink Cosmos

4 Orange Roses
6 Pink Roses
1 Golden Rose

6 Orange Pansies

5 Orange Lilies
1 Black Lily

2 Blue Violets

zigg

Sure. Zigg has his town set up with this rule of pairs alone. I'm more of a HUGE beds type though.
Yep, mostly I do this, but there are a few that are three or more.

Diagonal placements also give you more ability to control parents. If you pack flowers in, it's hard or impossible to control your parent chances.

Koren

Ack! Is anyone testing yellow x yellow? If not, I'd be happy to...
I am. I have a big parcel now, but I've yet to see a purple one in it.

Well. This is an easy question to answer.

diagram1.jpg
diagram2.jpg

Count the possible potential spaces and you see why.
For two flowers, there's no argument here.

For a large patch, I thing it's a more difficult question. For the same density of flowers (50% space occupied), there's several solutions:

A)
X_X_X_X_
_X_X_X_X
X_X_X_X_
_X_X_X_X

B)
XX__XX__
__XX__XX
XX__XX__
__XX__XX

C)
XXX___XXX
___XXX___
XXX___XXX
___XXX___

D)
XXXX ____
____ XXXX
XXXX ____
____ XXXX

E)
XXXXXXXX
__ __ __ __
XXXXXXXX
__ __ __ __

A: each flower has 4 neighbors, each pair has 6 available spaces around
B: each flower has 3 neighbors, each pair has 6 available spaces around
C: each flower has 2/3 neighbors, each pair has 7/8 available spaces around
D: each flower has 2/3 neighbors, each pair has 6/7/8 available spaces around
E: each flower has 2 neighbors, each pair has 8 available spaces around

I'd really like to know how the generator works.

Because depending on the way the pairs are associated, having more neighbors can be a good factor to get hyrids. So A would be a good solution.

On the other hand, if there's always the same number of pairs used to build hybrids, and the probability of an hybrid to appear depends on the available space around, having isolated diagonal pairs of flowers would be best, but given the limited available space, C may be the best solution.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Anyone looking for fairy-tale house exteriors? Have 4 different ones at Nook's today (Mermaid roof, fairy-tale fence, blue chalet exterior, arched fairy-tale door)

zigg

A: each flower has 4 neighbors, each pair has 6 available spaces around
B: each flower has 3 neighbors, each pair has 6 available spaces around
C: each flower has 2/3 neighbors, each pair has 7/8 available spaces around
D: each flower has 2/3 neighbors, each pair has 6/7/8 available spaces around
E: each flower has 2 neighbors, each pair has 8 available spaces around
I think to know which option is the best, you must consider how flowers spawn.

In WW and presumably CF (though I didn't hit CF very hard), the generation of a new flower seemed to be that a random square was chosen in your town. If that square touched a parent candidate, and that parent candidate touched a hybrid candidate, a hybrid was born. This makes potential spawning spots very important.

In NL, it seems like a different tack is taken. Rather than a random spawn anywhere, the first thing that happens is a parent candidate is chosen. From there, a second parent is chosen, and then the genetic dice are rolled. This makes potential parents very important.

This theory (and it is really just a theory) leads me to want to optimize for parent choices. Thus, I think I'm sticking to A.

(Plus, as Philia'll tell you, my "damn trees" leave no room to try the other arrangements.) :lol

EDIT: If anyone wants to peer on in, my dream address is 4200-2149-6879. Just be aware there's very much a work in progress going and I'm stalled a bit as I try to maintain PT for the second time :)

Some updates:

• Farmed PWP's for many wasted hours yesterday . . . got nothing. Then Gwen comes up to me around 1 AM while I'm hunting (unsuccessfully) tarantulas and scorpions and says Bywater would look better with . . . a sculpture fountain. I agree!

• For those having problems with Scorps/Tarans (as I am . . . MicH sounds like another) and getting anxious about our Gold Net status, this gave me a TON of info I had no idea about: http://www.animalcrossingcommunity.com/Topic/4093216/1/

• Hybrid count . . . well . . . for a long time I thought only tulips and roses were cool, so I have a bunch of pink roses, orange roses, pink tulips, orange tulips, and some black of each. But as to the rest . . . I've been slacking, but finally set everything up to give me some hybrids. When you hardcore gardeners get too many, I'd be happy to take some off your hands ;) . . .

• Sort of annoyed that T&T upgraded and I still can't buy fertilizer. Guess it's a long time off for the gold shovel. :(

• Got to play with a friend who'd been off for a long time last night. Felt good. His first reaction after 30 seconds of looking around was, "I'm jealous, already." Guess that's what we're going for, huh?

Jer out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom