• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Man, I really wish we could visit K.K. Slider more than once a week. The live performance is ALWAYS better than the airchecks

Koren

I've just been doing option A this whole time.
Me too. But I've been wondering since a couple of weeks whether that's really the most efficient way to do this, and I'm thinking about trying other solutions.

The classic checkered way is 1.75 times (.5% vs .286%) more flowers for the same space than isolated flowers, and there's 7 times more possible pairs for the same amount of space. But if you assume that the game pick a random pair, pick a random emplacement around the pair, and put the hybrid here only if the emplacement is available, you'll lose half of the hybrids because they fell in an occupied space.

Problem: I don't want to remove everything in my town just to test the possibilities. And currently, I'm lacking space to get anything satisfing from a statistical point of view. Especially with neighbors.

zigg

The classic checkered way is 1.75 times (.5% vs .286%) more flowers for the same space than isolated flowers, and there's 7 times more possible pairs for the same amount of space. But if you assume that the game pick a random pair, pick a random emplacement around the pair, and put the hybrid here only if the emplacement is available, you'll lose half of the hybrids because they fell in an occupied space.
Ew, I'm not sure I like the implications of the bolded. Even though I'm well set-up at the moment to be unaffected.

MicH

• For those having problems with Scorps/Tarans (as I am . . . MicH sounds like another) and getting anxious about our Gold Net status, this gave me a TON of info I had no idea about: http://www.animalcrossingcommunity.com/Topic/4093216/1/.

Thanks for this. I thought that they would disappear if you're too slow. So they disappear when I move too fast? That is VERY good to know. I'll be sure to take my time now.

Hopefully tonight will be the night where I catch these devilspawn.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Anyone want any rustic themed stuff? I was just going to sell a lot of this stuff, but if anybody else was going for that theme challenge, I'm happy to pass it along to them.

I'll make a list of whatever I'm tossing out in a few minutes.

Some updates:
• For those having problems with Scorps/Tarans (as I am . . . MicH sounds like another) and getting anxious about our Gold Net status, this gave me a TON of info I had no idea about: http://www.animalcrossingcommunity.com/Topic/4093216/1/

So from my experience, you can run up to Tarantulas and Scorpions. They're actually one of the easiest rare insects to catch once you realize that sneaking up on them is the most difficult way to catch them. Just run up and swing.

MicH

Oops, I accidentally stood up Blaire. Again. I hate this, haha. I did remember to visit Gayle though!

Also every villager has one request a day, right? I still need Cheri and Snake to give me theirs and I need to catch a river fish for Cesar. Holding out for that Arapaima or Dorado for him.

Also two random questions:

1) When you send a villager a letter with a gift and they send a letter back with or without a gift. Is that a sign of how good your friendship is? (gift or no gift). Also I got a completely random letter WITH a gift from a villager today. Is that a sign of very good friendship?

2) Do you EVER get anything from Pete when he's your visitor?

So from my experience, you can run up to Tarantulas and Scorpions. They're actually one of the easiest rare insects to catch once you realize that sneaking up on them is the most difficult way to catch them. Just run up and swing.

It's funny because I've never had any luck running up to tarantulas and scorpions.

My success comes from sneaking up on them. They're always looking right at me as I walk slowly too!

Koren

I think to know which option is the best, you must consider how flowers spawn.
That's EXACTLY my point... and your post is really interesting.

In NL, it seems like a different tack is taken. Rather than a random spawn anywhere, the first thing that happens is a parent candidate is chosen. From there, a second parent is chosen, and then the genetic dice are rolled. This makes potential parents very important.[/quotemsg]
That's a start.

Assuming this, the algorithm is:
1- choose a random flower A
2- look for a compatible flower B in the 8 spaces around A
3- generate the hybrid based on the probability of A and B
4- do something with the generated hybrid

There's still (at least) several points that needs clarification:

- point 2: does the algorithm take a random emplacement among the 8 neighbors and see if there's a compatible flower there (if so, you must increase the number of neighbors) or a random compatible flower among the neighbors (if so, the number of neighbors for each flower isn't an issue at all)

- point 4: does the algorithm pick a random emplacement around the parents and destroy the generated hybrid if the emplacement isn't available (if so, you *may* be interested in increasing the number of available spaces around) or really search an empty space (if so, you don't care for the number of available spaces around as long as there's one, but that means that you should build patch with a higher density than 50%, and the solution below can be better, at least for unicolor areas... there's far more pairs involved, nearly twice as many, and EACH has a an empty space around) and what does it do if all neighborhod is occupied?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XX_ XXX_XXX_ XXX_XXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXX_XXX_ XXX_XXX_ XX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

- how many times does the algorithm does this each day, and how destroyed hybrids plays a role in the amount? If a failure means a new attempt, you don't have to care for available spaces.

I don't think the number of hybrids increase linearly with the number of available pairs. Am I wrong on this? Does the game generates random flowers only if it failed hybrids generation?

(Plus, as Philia'll tell you, my "damn trees" leave no room to try the other arrangements.) :lol
I have more orchads than flower beds, too, if that's what you mean.

Philia

It's funny because I've never had any luck running up to tarantulas and scorpions.

My success comes from sneaking up on them. They're always looking right at me as I walk slowly too!

I think their behavior depends on the game's luck (not your overall luck) on them reacting.

For example on a bad day whereas you're tripping a ton, a bee swarm will MOVE FASTER than you've ever seen. On a good luck day, they'll move slow. :)

Ok, got back home.

In the Island, I have Mermaid Shelf and Mermaid Carpet.

Got 47 pieces of furniture on my tree plaza through Muffy yesterday, 6 wallpapers, 4 floors, and some headgear, shoes, socks and acceroisses.

Katrina is in town too.

If someone is interested to visit my town to catalogue stuff or visit Katrina.

I will try to make a list what furniture there is to catalogue.

Despera

Banned
If you don't want it, sure. I want to finish the set and stick it in one of my extra characters' houses.
Okay, I'll open the gates and drop it in front of the station :)

I've caught a lot of scorpions, but haven't seen a single tarantula yet :S
One of these days...

Koren

Ew, I'm not sure I like the implications of the bolded. Even though I'm well set-up at the moment to be unaffected.
That's why I'd like to know how it's programmed.

That being said, it may not be so awful, if, when the algorithm fail to put an hybrid for space reasons, it looks for another pair to try again, and so on till a threshold or a succesful attempt.

Do they disappear? That will happen if you take too long, but I found that to be true once they spot you and aren't in a defensive stance.

I think their behavior depends on the game's luck (not your overall luck) on them reacting.

For example on a bad day whereas you're tripping a ton, a bee swarm will MOVE FASTER than you've ever seen. On a good luck day, they'll move slow. :)

Wow, luck plays a much bigger role than I thought.

I had a purple rose pop up in the middle of all those white roses Philia moved around next to my house. These fucking flowers make no sense. Hahaha.

Linius

Tadpole get! :D

I've been catching a lot today. Seems like I've been ignoring this a lot. Sweetfish, bee, tadpole and some crab thing today. Piranha yesterday. Now for the Arapaima, Saddled Bishir and Scorpion please.

Ah, that makes sense.

I've actually never tripped in game since release. I guess that's a good thing but I would love to take some silly snapshots sometime.

Do they disappear? That will happen if you take too long, but I found that to be true once they spot you and aren't in a defensive stance.

Wow, luck plays a much bigger role than I thought.
Sometimes they disappear when they're actually moving, but I've never seen one disappear once it's noticed me.

SuperSah

Banned
Tadpole get! :D

I've been catching a lot today. Seems like I've been ignoring this a lot. Sweetfish, bee, tadpole and some crab thing today. Piranha yesterday. Now for the Arapaima, Saddled Bishir and Scorpion please.

I've not played at all today but shall be on after 8pm GMT tonight. If I see you online, i'll send you a BFF message to "finally" grab that mixer. :p

Ok, the list is here:

Furniture that I have on plaza:

Alpine Kitchen Cart
Alpine Shelf
Astro Chair
Bass
Bath Math
Billiard Table
Blue Cabinet
Bowling Pins
Cabin Chair
Chalkboard
Classic Clock
Classic Sofa
Drumset
Folk Guitar
Froggy Chair
Kiddie Bureau
Large Alpine Table
Large Alpine Table
Lawn Mower
Lovely End Table
Mama Bear
Medicine Chest
Men's Toilet
Minimalist Ottoman
Minimalist Wardrobe
Odd Clock
Patchwork Chair
Patchwork Dresser
Pop-up Book
Portable Toilet
Ranch Couch
Robo-table
Robo-wall Clock
Science Table
Shower Stall
Shower Stall
Simple Love Seat
Soft-serve Lamp
Star Projector
Toilet
Treadmill
Tricycle
Washbasin
Washbasin
Washing Machine
Wooden Stool
Writing Desk

Wallpaper

Blue-Trim Wall
Cityscape Wall
Classic Wall
Dirt-Clod Wall
Lovely Wall
Shanty Wall

Floors

Exquisit Rug
Maze Floor
Old Board Floor
Parquet Floor

:) That's the planned recipe for a purple rose. :) Glad to hear its working! :3

Yeah, I'm gonna give the set up till maybe around the middle of next month and probably go through and arrange them again taking all my new pretty hybrids into account. Hopefully by then I'll have my new watering can. :p On day five of perfect. (Oh, and I actually changed my ordinance to beautiful while I'm trying to get it.)

Side note:
I'm missing a spicy hot pot in my life. Does anyone have a ceramic hot pot they would let me put my grubby little round hands on or at least order one for me? Also looking for that giant table with all the dim sum on it. I think I'm ultimately going to make a buffet of all the food I like to eat for my kitchen.

zroid

Banned
I'm just going to take a trip to the island and stock up on white roses, then fill up every last goddamn tile on the beach with them. If I don't get a purple rose tomorrow, villager heads will roll.

(obviously I mean every alternating beach tile :p )

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
D'oh. I had to attend to something before and totally forgot to grab it.

BGBW, save it for me, i'll collect both later.
Don't worry, I've been tidying the house so I haven't really been around since Linius left. It's right in front of the station.

UberTag

eAs.jpg

I beat the basterd finally, thanks for your help again ;)
Congrats on putting the HHA beast behind you.
I haven't spent any time modifying my house layout since I conquered the HHA - apart from clearing out my lucky fish and cicadas.
Hoping to clean up my furniture collection over the weekend and roll out an over-powered feng shui-enhanced room lineup over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom