• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfe

I've been walking around in my town for a good 45 minutes now trying to catch some fish and a scorpion (without result so far). And my villagers keep coming up to me to ask me something or just talk. I have the feeling it's just as quick as the swimming trick, but my villagers do see me walking around since I'm not hiding from them or anything.

And it's weird how I still haven't seen a scorpion yet :(

Dude like I keep saying I thought you guys were crazy doing all this PWP grinding for hours on end when I would just play the game normally and get just as many (including the desirable ones like police station and lighthouse for example) suggestions by coming across villagers randomly.

Oh, and I do have the complete Zap set if anybody wanted to catalog them. (but I might be the only one obsessed with those)

I'd love to catalog these! I've only been able to gather the complete green suit so far with a few random pieces of the other colors.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Just talked to Drago 4 times in a row and he gave me something each time. Don't think I've had that happen before. Granted, it was all crap, but...

Dude like I keep saying I thought you guys were crazy doing all this PWP grinding for hours on end when I would just play the game normally and get just as many (including the desirable ones like police station and lighthouse for example) suggestions by coming across villagers randomly.

I'd love to catalog these! I've only been able to gather the complete green suit so far with a few random pieces of the other colors.

I generally don't do the swimming trick until I'm done for the day, and then I'm pretty much just watching the TV while I'm doing it. You can only get one suggestion per day, so it's not like you're grinding endlessly.

Elija2

For those of you who are trying to get villager pictures, Pate gave me her picture after just giving her random furniture, so you should fulfill all of their requests just to be safe. She also gave me a second picture after she moved out, so there's always that.

Wolfe

I have the large space console, captain's monitor, crew member's seat, spherical radar, and unknown machine in my catalog. If you're not in a rush, I can get them to you, but it probably wouldn't be until Sunday or Monday (out of town this weekend).

Let me know when you do this, I would love to catalog these items as well :)

Edit: fuckin Charlise has only been in my town a few days and already coming through with 2 legit paintings!

I generally don't do the swimming trick until I'm done for the day, and then I'm pretty much just watching the TV while I'm doing it. You can only get one suggestion per day, so it's not like you're grinding endlessly.

While I still think it's unnecessary (you could substitute swimming for hanging out in the museum for example), I'm specifically talking about guys I've seen posting that they've been doing it for hours on end. I'm not trying to call anyone out mind you, I just hate to see someone post about being bummed from wasting hours for no reward at times when they could have just gone about their daily gameplay and gotten a suggestion that way.

But to each his own! (feel like I'm criticizing people now -_-)

Stat!

I'm now 0 for 6 in tarantula hunting. Its the first one I've seen in over a week.

Sigh. I just miss, and then it jumps and bites me :(

SmithnCo

If you manage to get a turantula to chase you, you could try to run far enough away and then turn and quickly nab it. I managed to do that last night, it's similar to how you used to catch the angry bees.

Wolfe

which ones do you need? I added you, and my gate's open.

Whatever you've got to be honest, aside from full green (and obviously the boots aren't specific) the only other pieces I have are the blue helmet and red shirt. I'll add you and be there momentarily.

Mitzi! You are in The Grid now, no longer shall you mention that "Seaville" place, stop living in the past!

Niraj

Nyaa you're too close to the river, nyaa you're too close to the train tracks, nyaaa you're too close to a resident's house, nyaaa you're too close to something else. Just let me build my goddamn police station where I want to :mad:

How did this happen?! Series are being completed! I also added time estimates.

What I have (on hand):
Alpine
Astro (25th, 9am PST)
Blue (25th 5pm PST)
Cabin
Classic (25th, 9am PST)
Exotic
Kiddie (25th 5pm PST)
Minimalist
Modern
Modern Wood
Polka-Dot
Sleek
Stripe
Rococo
&
Campus (JP DLC not a 13 piece series)

(All the times are rough estimates.)

What I need:
Spreadsheet!

Highlighted items are items that have been ordered. They are not necessary items I have on hand.

Series nearing completion:
Robo: Dresser, Stereo
Green: Rug, Wardrobe

Items in Transit
(These are items, that have been offered or have not been ordered)

Regal: Bookcase, Wall Lamp
Possibly the rest of the Ranch?

It’s not as ridiculous as it sounds since a single character can hold 13 out of the 27 orderable furniture series in their storage alone. If I was to furnish an alt’s home with furniture that’s another 6 furniture series. So essential, a single character can hold 19 out of the 27 orderable furniture series.

That being said, a lot this has to do with getting 500 visitors, I won’t lie, but it’ll also make it a whole lot easier for people to obtain furniture and fill out their catalog for that special badge. All of these series were completed by the GAF community so I don’t want your filthy money.

There are 8 furniture series tied to seasons including Gracie’s furniture series. So, obviously, I won’t be completing those anytime soon. Maybe in |OT4|...

I’m still givin’ away:
Toy Hammer x 7
Lazy- Susan Table

Offer something for these:
Gold Bug Trophy
Silver Can
Mermaid Dresser

FC: 3969 4612 9418

Nyaa you're too close to the river, nyaa you're too close to the train tracks, nyaaa you're too close to a resident's house, nyaaa you're too close to something else. Just let me build my goddamn police station where I want to :mad:

She hates cops. That's the only explanation.

For those of you who are trying to get villager pictures, Pate gave me her picture after just giving her random furniture, so you should fulfill all of their requests just to be safe. She also gave me a second picture after she moved out, so there's always that.
There are three ways to get a villager's picture. Doing favors for them, when they move away (if you were good friends with them) and on April Fools day. (There is a game you have to play with each villager, and if you succeed, you get their picture.)

Stat!

I'm now 0 for 6 in tarantula hunting. Its the first one I've seen in over a week.

Sigh. I just miss, and then it jumps and bites me :(

0 for 7! I had to pull out my net so it moved off screen for a second, and it disappeared. At least I didn't "die" from this one.

Koomaster

Another amazing AC moment happened today.

A little while back I posted mentioning my Mom bought the game after seeing my Dad play it. Well I should say she bought a XL and this game to play it. My Mom had never really played anything before that except for Tetris when the OG Gameboy came out.

Today she called me, she knows I buy turnips and dabble in the old Stalk Market. She has been keeping an eye out for me on prices. Anyways, I pick up the phone and she is all excited. She tells me that her turnips prices are 563 today and that my Dad is in there selling right now.

I dropped what I was doing and grabbed my XL and went to her town. Made a quick 2 million and dropped 1 million on the ground around her house. She walks over to it and calls me (she doesn't like typing on the game says it takes to long lol) she asked what I was doing and I told her it was a tip for helping me and to help get her started in the game. She gasped and shrieked like she won the Lottery. She grabbed the bells and made off like a bandit to pay off her loan and to buy, according to her, some much needed clothes and new shoes.

I sat back in my chair and smiled. Thinking that a day like this would never happen, my Mother who is almost 60 years old is ecstatic about a game. A game that I play too and so does my Father. It is very cool that a game can do this. It may sound corny to some but I am in my 30s and don't get to see them as often as I like, it is a great thing for us to do together. It brings a smile to my face, I figured AC GAF may get a kick out of it too.

Now to convince my brother to buy it.
Just wanted to say this is an amazing story. :)

A little while back I posted mentioning my Mom bought the game after seeing my Dad play it. Well I should say she bought a XL and this game to play it. My Mom had never really played anything before that except for Tetris when the OG Gameboy came out.

Today she called me, she knows I buy turnips and dabble in the old Stalk Market. She has been keeping an eye out for me on prices. Anyways, I pick up the phone and she is all excited. She tells me that her turnips prices are 563 today and that my Dad is in there selling right now.

I dropped what I was doing and grabbed my XL and went to her town. Made a quick 2 million and dropped 1 million on the ground around her house. She walks over to it and calls me (she doesn't like typing on the game says it takes to long lol) she asked what I was doing and I told her it was a tip for helping me and to help get her started in the game. She gasped and shrieked like she won the Lottery. She grabbed the bells and made off like a bandit to pay off her loan and to buy, according to her, some much needed clothes and new shoes.

I sat back in my chair and smiled. Thinking that a day like this would never happen, my Mother who is almost 60 years old is ecstatic about a game. A game that I play too and so does my Father. It is very cool that a game can do this. It may sound corny to some but I am in my 30s and don't get to see them as often as I like, it is a great thing for us to do together. It brings a smile to my face, I figured AC GAF may get a kick out of it too.

That is such a cute story!
I wish I could get my mom playing, if only so she stops using her XL as a Plants vs. Zombies machine, but she saw me play City Folk years ago, was annoyed by it, and now has some sort of a hatred toward AC.

milkham

ah man that's amazing, your parent's are awesome!
iBEOGz1mn7M4G.gif

topramen

Holy christ

I need to offload some turnips before I lose everything!!!!!!

Does anyone have some high turnip prices right now?

I bought for 93 and I think I'm on the constantly decreasing pattern!

Wolfe

Holy christ

I need to offload some turnips before I lose everything!!!!!!

Does anyone have some high turnip prices right now?

I bought for 93 and I think I'm on the constantly decreasing pattern!

Mine are at 145 if you can't find anything better.

zroid

Banned
Pop Facts is a companion show to Pop Fiction on GameTrailers (where I work)
The swimming trick is a technique that enables you to get public works projects suggested more reliably.

I actually did not know about Pop Facts, hah. I'll give it a watch for sure, even though I know the trick already. :p

ramyeon

I can order the rest of the Ranch series for you, in which case they'd all be here tomorrow evening.
I would love to get in on that and catalogue those if I could! I'm trying to do the Rustic theme challenge and that's one of the sets I was looking for :)

Tia asked me for a perfect fruit and I don't have any. Now after seeing that it could be for her picture, I'm nervous to blow her off.

Can anyone spare a perfect who is going to be on in about an 30-60 min—after gf goes to bed ;)??

Niraj

Tia asked me for a perfect fruit and I don't have any. Now after seeing that it could be for her picture, I'm nervous to blow her off.

Can anyone spare a perfect who is going to be on in about an 30-60 min—after gf goes to bed ;)??

You can get one from me, np. Just post again when you're good.

So I'm grinding the elite scavenger hunt tour right now for medals, and I do this thing where I say part of each item I need out load to quickly memorize it.

The last round I looked at my list and then said without thinking...

Mini Round Broken Rubber

O_O

Wolfe

So I'm grinding the elite scavenger hunt tour right now for medals, and I do this thing where I say part of each item I need out load to quickly memorize it.

The last round I looked at my list and then said without thinking...

Mini Round Broken Rubber

O_O

Broken rubber?! Better start looking for that morning after pill.

I won't ask who the lucky animal is...

Elija2

Just got a second villagers pic...unfortunately its the same one I already had, wtf..

Seems like getting two pictures from a villager is a lot easier in this game. I remember trying to get a second picture of Chevre in Wild World because my sister ignorantly sold my first one (she thought it was a picture of a cow too). For months I tried but Chevre never gave me a second picture and eventually she moved away. I was so mad at my sister, but I couldn't show it because it's such a ridiculous thing to be mad about.

But in this game, I got two pictures of Pate within a week of each other.

Roto13

I decided to quit the HHA entirely today. I switched back to the interior challenge and got like 238k points or something. Saved a screenshot. Considering it my record. Then I went in and changed most of my wallpapers and floors, because the Sleek wallpaper and floor don't match the Sleek series furniture when you turn the furniture red, and the same is true for sapphire Modern furniture, and the Cabana wall and floor suck, and the Minimalist floor isn't white. So now my house matches better than ever, but is worth fewer HHA points. I've ordered a few small things to customize (gonna have some gold modern tables in my gold room, and I want a blue stained glass lamp in my blue room) and once they're here and customized, I'll post some before and after pictures.

Seriously considering swapping out all of the golden furniture in my gold room for different kinds of furniture customized with gold ore, because it looks about a million times better. (Golden furniture you make from three gold ores isn't even shiny, ffs)

Also I got Resetti's picture tonight. Yay.

Garland7G

The 3DS is one the best gaming purchases you can make right now (if not the best) and not just for Animal Crossing.

So true, my 3ds backlog is so huge and for some reason I keep buying great games for it. Tons more I still want to get like Mario Kart, Super Mario land 3d, plus pokemon x/y is coming soon ugh. I need to clear my backlog but I just keep playing animal crossing. I thought I'd stop when Smt 4 came out but I haven't lol.

Roto13

3DS is about the only thing I buy full priced games for, and I almost always end up playing them for dozens and dozens of hours. :p

Animal Crossing is a frigging lifestyle, though.

Elija2

Just sold Katt a shark for 18,000 bells. She's now in possession of two sharks, and if she displays this one in her house as well I don't think I'm gonna visit her anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom