• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is there somewhere that shows how different ores affect different items? I'm curious how emerald, etc. switch up items. Do they all just put a solid colour overlay over the entire item or colour item-specific areas or what?

eggwolio

So you can definitely get pics just from getting animals furniture like Elija2 suggested earlier. Just got Lionel's pic that way.

His favorite saying is "Love is blind." Boomer's is "Flying is believing."

Everything you say about these pictures is a lie.

I mean, probably not, but come on. I spent hours trying to catch a fucking horned atlas when I was having an unlucky day and all I have so far is a shortened average playtime from resetting. So far I've been given a lunar rover, ceramic tile, a ranch tea table, and a lemon table. This freakin' duck broad has 10 tries to get this right or I'm gonna pout a lot and piss and whine and it will have no real impact on anything or anyone whatsoever.

Everything you say about these pictures is a lie.

I mean, probably not, but come on. I spent hours trying to catch a fucking horned atlas when I was having an unlucky day and all I have so far is a shortened average playtime from resetting. So far I've been given a lunar rover, ceramic tile, a ranch tea table, and a lemon table. This freakin' duck broad has 10 tries to get this right or I'm gonna pout a lot and piss and whine and it will have no real impact on anything or anyone whatsoever.
It took me a while to get my first pic too. I am very generous with the villagers I like, doing multiple favors for them every day, and I just got my first one today.

Patience is the key.

MicH

Well, that was certainly quick!

tumblr_mqj6grN9oJ1svgayqo1_400.jpg

YEAAAAH LET'S DO THIS

tumblr_mqj6i1dI0f1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Hm, really? I think I would've remembered meeting a colorful giraffe

My theme is sporty so that is pretty damn easy. Already wearing soccer shorts and I know I have some shirts and a bycicling helmet. Are there sporty shoes? Sneakers?

I LOVE the look of the wooden bridge

tumblr_mqj6k5Kz1G1svgayqo1_400.jpg

And it really helped to demolish my other bridge. Just now Snake suggested the modern bridge! Now I only need the brick bridge and the fairy-tale bridge! These should be easy to get (hopefully)

And I convinced Lolly to move in. GOD KNOWS how many resets I had to do to get a decent placement for her. WAY too many. But I finally found a decent one - her house fits RIGHT in between my patterns!!

tumblr_mqj6j3DI1f1svgayqo1_400.jpg

eggwolio

It took me a while to get my first pic too. I am very generous with the villagers I like, doing multiple favors for them every day, and I just got my first one today.

Patience is the key.

I do things for all of mine every day, too. I ended up taking a dartboard. I was offered a lunar rover, lemon table, ceramic tile, ranch tea table, mama bear, high-jump mat, lemon table(again?!), cabin armchair, judge's bell, and stripe bathroom sink.

All I wanted is a picture of a duck. Come on.

I do things for all of mine every day, too. I ended up taking a dartboard. I was offered a lunar rover, lemon table, ceramic tile, ranch tea table, mama bear, high-jump mat, lemon table(again?!), cabin armchair, judge's bell, and stripe bathroom sink.

All I wanted is a picture of a duck. Come on.
I guess that when you do get it, it'll be all the sweeter.

I literally shouted out loud when Cube gave me his pic. I'm sure my neighbours thought I was nuts, but I really wanted this digital penguin's picture.

Wolfe

Zen garden coming along nicely thx Marvie!

tumblr_mqiyz9QuOn1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

I dunno if anyones mentioned it yet but those bamboo shoots aren't gonna grow :(

I've been doing some research, and it seems that almost any type of request can net you a villager's pic. (Catching fish/bugs, deliveries, petitions, new furniture, house visits, perfect fruit, giving medicine, lost items.)

Basically, if you want someone's picture, do your best to fulfill any favor they ask you.

I bet their preferences play a large part in it too, similar to how you can give them better birthday gifts.

Ah, the things you learn at The Roost. Tom Nook's new outfit was designed by Labelle apparently. I love little tidbits like this, I wish they'd have more of them. (That's one thing I think Wild World & City Folk did better than New Leaf, more story for the special NPCs.)

Another way to get more info is to talk to Lyle at Nook Homes. Sometimes he'll have an option that says "What's new?", and if you select it, he'll give you some information about some of the other characters in New Leaf.

Linius

My Red+/White is spawning purple roses now. Also saw black lilly when I got of the door this morning, that's a first for me.

Oh and I have a spare Katie's worldmap which I would like to trade for the toycamera, sketchbook or Katie's pic.

EDIT

I see now that the Thonky guide doesn't mention this but my black lilly spawned from two pink ones.

Tash

too close to the garden? Are they considered trees?

Only plain flowers can be planted right next to PwP objects :(
On the other hand, you can plant everything next to pathways.
Also, buh..was excited for my first camper but it turned out to be Tipper. Really don't want her -.-

corn_fest

This whole time I thought that I'd eventually unlock a Gyroid storage option from Brewster... just realized that that was only in City Folk.
Man, what am I going to do with my basement full of those things? For the first time in any AC game, I just have way too much stuff, lol.
Might have to make some alt accounts.

Garland7G

My Red+/White is spawning purple roses now. Also saw black lilly when I got of the door this morning, that's a first for me.

Oh and I have a spare Katie's worldmap which I would like to trade for the toycamera, sketchbook or Katie's pic.

EDIT

I see now that the Thonky guide doesn't mention this but my black lilly spawned from two pink ones.

I'll take the map and trade you katies camera if you want

Tash

Why is everyone here so super focused on villager pics? Is there anything else to it than maxing the characters friendship and being able to use it in your house?

SuperSah

Banned
Why is everyone here so super focused on villager pics? Is there anything else to it than maxing the characters friendship and being able to use it in your house?

It was a good past time in WW to get pictures and removal in CF ruined it basically. To have it back gives reason to actually interact with animals and it helps build friendship.

That's all there is, but it gives you a great sense of accomplishment IMO. Cultivating friendships with the villagers is my favorite part of the game by far, and the pictures are proof that you've built that bond.

It gives that game more of a relationship sim feeling, which I really dig.

Flipyap

Bragging rights? They're one of the few types of items that require actual effort and not just random luck, and they're a bit more unique than everyone's identical golden tools or hybrids.

Linius

icD1SzWjCREX9.JPG
icD1SzWjCREX9.JPG

Pashmina is pretty cool. I think she secretly took a mushroom some time before that first screenshot.

iBFe7yZX2n22D.JPG
iqvdoS7mtevbQ.JPG

Then there's Kabuki and Frank. Both decided to give me a new PWP before noon while I was going with some daily business. Very nice of them. Especially when one of these is the lighthouse :D

iXlMvc14XOXHQ.JPG
iIuXy85WtweMd.JPG

Urgh

ib2hlRe0SDaHt8.JPG
iSLWPin6TRTEG.JPG

Niraj has this pretty awesome illuminated arch! And my only catch from a little more than an hour of searching for a Scorpion. I saw this one tarantula and I couldn't let it slip past me. I'm keeping it in my house now.

I feel like the series has been missing something cool ever since the removal of playable NES games (which are probably never going to return thanks to the eShop). And most of the Nintendo items we have now are just last year's goods.

So here's my idea, either for DLC or a future game. Tell me what you think.

Nintendo Theme Songs and the Nintendo Entertainment Stereo.
K.K Slider "performs" songs from old Nintendo games. The take home version is the game's original track and when displayed in the players house, looks like the box art from the game. Can be played on any existing music device, or the Nintendo Entertainment Stereo (which is identical in appearance to an NES).

Only been playing a week or so, but I just got a slingshot; do you only get balloon furniture from balloon presents?
And upgraded slingshots. But that's it.

That's another one of the few problems I have with New Leaf. Slingshots are practically useless once you get the whole balloon set and the silver and gold slingshot. The should of included spotlight items or something in their too.

hiro4

Ah missed katie :(

Timbra left two days ago, and now I've gotten Kitt.
She looks awesome. Gonna make a Koala, Kangaroo town!

Flipyap

I feel like the series has been missing something cool ever since the removal of playable NES games (which are probably never going to return thanks to the eShop). And most of the Nintendo items we have now are just last year's goods.

So here's my idea, either for DLC or a future game. Tell me what you think.

Nintendo Theme Songs and the Nintendo Entertainment Stereo.
K.K Slider "performs" songs from old Nintendo games. The take home version is the game's original track and when displayed in the players house, looks like the box art from the game. Can be played on any existing music device, or the Nintendo Entertainment Stereo (which is identical in appearance to an NES).
I also don't expect actual NES games to ever come back, but it would be nice if they'd let us use some of those arcade machines (that Mario fighting game!), even if the games were as simple as a Wario Ware microgame. Making stuff like puzzles and board/table games interactive also doesn't seem like too much to ask for - again, most of those items can be simplified to the level of a microgame.

I'm not really into the idea of recycling more old Nintendo content. New stuff is cool stuff.

Wolfe

And upgraded slingshots. But that's it.

That's another one of the few problems I have with New Leaf. Slingshots are practically useless once you get the whole balloon set and the silver and gold slingshot. The should of included spotlight items or something in their too.

Don't forget about the balloon hat! :p

But yeah I completely agree, I actually sell off all my balloon furniture at retail (actually sell it and not put up for villagers to buy, I don't want them packing their houses with that crap!) because I don't care for it at all.

Now while I still shoot down the balloons for a few easy bells it would have been nice for there to be occasional item from them that wasn't balloon junk if even just for the fact that once you've got all the balloon shit you have no more incentive or reason to shoot them down. Makes me wonder why you even get upgraded slingshots.

Linius

I missed this, you got two different PWP requests in one day?

Oh I can see how this is confusing. But I meant they both gave me one before noon on seperate days. Yesterday and this morning. I was just really happy that gave it so early on the day that it won't take any grinding. Most of the time I just skip out on my daily PWP if that's the case :p

Why does that look suspiciously like my Illuminated Arch ;)

Camera angle also cut out all the peach trees :(

Oh damn, you're right. This was when I picked up the museum chair. Sorry :p

Oh I can see how this is confusing. But I meant they both gave me one before noon on seperate days. Yesterday and this morning. I was just really happy that gave it so early on the day that it won't take any grinding. Most of the time I just skip out on my daily PWP if that's the case :p
Yeah, you were wearing the same outfit too so it looked like you got them both on the same day.

That would be some AC history there.

Oh damn, you're right. This was when I picked up the museum chair. Sorry :p
Heh. On the plus side, you were my 50th visitor since Phineas showed up this morning to give me the badge. Just need to get another 50 somehow and I can finally change to the modern train station.

Speaking of which my daily fortune cookies are sitting in the Super T&T again if anyone wants to buy them.

Linius

Yeah, you were wearing the same outfit too so it looked like you got them both on the same day.

That would be some AC history there.

Yeah I reckon, but since nobody ever had that before we can safely assume it's impossible by now right?

And I'm not a guy for fashion, I stick to the same outfit for a very long time mostly :p

Heh. On the plus side, you were my 50th visitor since Phineas showed up this morning to give me the badge. Just need to get another 50 somehow and I can finally change to the modern train station.

Speaking of which my daily fortune cookies are sitting in the Super T&T again if anyone wants to buy them.

I'll try to visit every now and then if you're playing then. AC Gaf helped me a great deal with reaching 100 too. And it adds to my own out of town visits as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom