• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Another amazing AC moment happened today.

A little while back I posted mentioning my Mom bought the game after seeing my Dad play it. Well I should say she bought a XL and this game to play it. My Mom had never really played anything before that except for Tetris when the OG Gameboy came out.

Today she called me, she knows I buy turnips and dabble in the old Stalk Market. She has been keeping an eye out for me on prices. Anyways, I pick up the phone and she is all excited. She tells me that her turnips prices are 563 today and that my Dad is in there selling right now.

I dropped what I was doing and grabbed my XL and went to her town. Made a quick 2 million and dropped 1 million on the ground around her house. She walks over to it and calls me (she doesn't like typing on the game says it takes to long lol) she asked what I was doing and I told her it was a tip for helping me and to help get her started in the game. She gasped and shrieked like she won the Lottery. She grabbed the bells and made off like a bandit to pay off her loan and to buy, according to her, some much needed clothes and new shoes.

I sat back in my chair and smiled. Thinking that a day like this would never happen, my Mother who is almost 60 years old is ecstatic about a game. A game that I play too and so does my Father. It is very cool that a game can do this. It may sound corny to some but I am in my 30s and don't get to see them as often as I like, it is a great thing for us to do together. It brings a smile to my face, I figured AC GAF may get a kick out of it too.

Now to convince my brother to buy it.
Beautiful story. I actually used to play the GC one with my dad. He LOVED fishing and would do it all the time, lol. Kinda want to bring up this game when I visit my patents next time

Pretty sure, yeah. I went on GameFAQS for the first time ever yesterday and there were topics like a person cycling through all villagers and pawning them off to people in return for the specific ones they wanted.

Lol. There's a 235 page Villager Giveaway thread, and 511 page Villager Trade thread on a forum I moderate. It's like villager prostitution.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So you can definitely get pics just from getting animals furniture like Elija2 suggested earlier. Just got Lionel's pic that way.

His favorite saying is "Love is blind." Boomer's is "Flying is believing."

MicH

I can't rebuild a bridge because I built a wind turbine too close to the bridge.. But you can't even see the turbine from the bridge!!!

UGHHHHHHH

Weird request, but does anyone have the Iwata standee design from the Nintendo of Japan dream town? They replaced it with the Pikmin standees and I didn't get a chance to save it.

Garland7G

Zen garden coming along nicely thx Marvie!

tumblr_mqiyz9QuOn1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

Edit: I like Mint already. She moved into the perfect spot.
tumblr_mqiz7kNkvZ1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Seriously considering swapping out all of the golden furniture in my gold room for different kinds of furniture customized with gold ore, because it looks about a million times better. (Golden furniture you make from three gold ores isn't even shiny, ffs)
Get a complete golden chess set.

Animekatt

So you can definitely get pics just from getting animals furniture like Elija2 suggested earlier. Just got Lionel's pic that way.

His favorite saying is "Love is blind." Boomer's is "Flying is believing."

Do you just send them in a letter to the animal?

Niraj

Do you just send them in a letter to the animal?

No no, he said "blah blah I'm bored of my shit, get me something awesome" and I'm all "here, take this thing that's been in storage that I don't want" and he's all "keep this on your nightstand" so I said "k" and that was it.

Animekatt

No no, he said "blah blah I'm bored of my shit, get me something awesome" and I'm all "here, take this thing that's been in storage that I don't want" and he's all "keep this on your nightstand" so I said "k" and that was it.

Ahh ok. I get those requests all the time, but usually I forget about em later on. I'll definitely watch out for those tomorrow.

Niraj

Ahh ok. I get those requests all the time, but usually I forget about em later on. I'll definitely watch out for those tomorrow.

I was very surprised honestly, but I remembered Elija2's comment earlier where he said he got Pate's the same way. I'm glad it's not just the "hard" ones (spent like an hour getting a damn arowana for Boomer earlier, though I did get his pic from it, so whatever).

I've been doing some research, and it seems that almost any type of request can net you a villager's pic. (Catching fish/bugs, deliveries, petitions, new furniture, house visits, perfect fruit, giving medicine, lost items.)

Basically, if you want someone's picture, do your best to fulfill any favor they ask you.

Niraj

I've been doing some research, and it seems that almost any type of request can net you a villager's pic. (Catching fish/bugs, deliveries, petitions, new furniture, house visits, perfect fruit, lost items.)

Basically, if you want someone's picture, do your best to fulfill any favor they ask you.

Wow, house visits too? Awesome.

Elija2

So Grizzly's in my campsite and when I talked to him he wondered whether he should move here or not. I spend a while contemplating if I should get him to move in. I wanted a peppy villager but I figured Grizzly is a pretty cool cranky villager so I told him he should move in. But then he says he has a lot of friends in his old town and so he doesn't want to move in. Great.

Ellix

So Grizzly's in my campsite and when I talked to him he wondered whether he should move here or not. I spend a while contemplating if I should get him to move in. I wanted a peppy villager but I figured Grizzly is a pretty cool cranky villager so I told him he should move in. But then he says he has a lot of friends in his old town and so he doesn't want to move in. Great.

Wait, what? This can happen? D:

MicH

I think you need to keep talking to him. It has taken me a few times to get a camper to move in

Elija2

Wait, what? This can happen? D:

Yeah, this is the second time this has happened to me. I hate the random bullshit this game pulls sometimes. Like when a villager is moving away but then sometimes they'll randomly change their mind even though you told them to move away. If you're giving me the option to convince them to move in, they should always move in!

I think you need to keep talking to him. It has taken me a few times to get a camper to move in

I talked to him a couple more times but he never mentioned moving again. Will he actually bring it up again if I keep talking to him?

Garland7G

dumb question but, do you already have 10 villagers?

Yeah, this is the second time this has happened to me. I hate the random bullshit this game pulls sometimes. Like when a villager is moving away but then sometimes they'll randomly change their mind even though you told them to move away. If you're giving me the option to convince them to move in, they should always move in!

I talked to him a couple more times but he never mentioned moving again. Will he actually bring it up again if I keep talking to him?

Oh god no please. I've been avoiding a neighbor in the move out stage for days. They better not stay

Niraj

I had one say something to the effect of "I'm not sure whether I should or not," then she brought up moving again later, so maybe? I'd just keep at it.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
By the way, I'm not sure if this is confirmed but the 30 days in a row mannequin definitely isn't for 30 days in a row.

I didn't talk to labelle or buy anything for a couple of days and then I went there yesterday and she gave me a mannequin after I bought something.

Elija2

dumb question but, do you already have 10 villagers?

No, I have 9 right now.

Oh god no please. I've been avoiding a neighbor in the move out stage for days. They better not stay

Just don't talk to them. Or save the game right before you do and if they mention staying just reset.

I had one say something to the effect of "I'm not sure whether I should or not," then she brought up moving again later, so maybe? I'd just keep at it.

I guess I'll keep trying. Grizzly seemed pretty adamant about not moving though.

Niraj

I guess I'll keep trying. Grizzly seemed pretty adamant about not moving though.

I wonder if personality factors in at all. Mine was a normal villager, for what it's worth. Maybe cranky ones are too cranky to relent :p

Animekatt

I've been doing some research, and it seems that almost any type of request can net you a villager's pic. (Catching fish/bugs, deliveries, petitions, new furniture, house visits, perfect fruit, lost items.)

Nice, thanks for the info. I really want to get Francine and Lobo's pics.

I wonder if personality factors in at all. Mine was a normal villager, for what it's worth. Maybe cranky ones are too cranky to relent :p

Lobo, thankfully, seemed really eager to move in from the camp when I spoke to him about it the first time. Maybe it's because I'm a girl? I dunno. :p

Linius

By the way, I'm not sure if this is confirmed but the 30 days in a row mannequin definitely isn't for 30 days in a row.

I didn't talk to labelle or buy anything for a couple of days and then I went there yesterday and she gave me a mannequin after I bought something.

Sadly we also still don't know what is the real requirement. I've bought so much from her every day for quite a while and still nothing.

The gold cabana set looks quite nice, I've five of them customized so far.

I'd like to see a screenshot of this. How much golden ores do you need to do one piece? Please tell me it's not also 3 like for the golden set :(

I don't think it needs to be consecutive. You just need to buy stuff from her for a certain amount of days.

You can tell when she's gonna give it to you because her personality has changed. (There seems to be a few stages.)

She even says the mannequin is for "regulars".

Linius

tumblr_mqj1phzoBy1svlzd3o1_400.jpg

Only one gold ore to turn them gold, I like the shiny effect it has.

You're right, looks good man! And 1 ore is good news too. Sitting on 7 right now. Doubting if I should go for the ugly golden set first, golden ores are rare enough already.

Has anyone ever experimented with silver? I wonder if that makes cool stuff.

Niraj

You're right, looks good man! And 1 ore is good news too. Sitting on 7 right now. Doubting if I should go for the ugly golden set first, golden ores are rare enough already.

Has anyone ever experimented with silver? I wonder if that makes cool stuff.

Just go with the tacky, but amazing, colorful cabana customization :p

Elija2

So Grizzly does continue to mention moving in, but he keeps declining!

EDIT: After a couple more tries I managed to convince him to move in! I hope I don't regret this.

Linius

Just go with the tacky, but amazing, colorful cabana customization :p

Yeah, it's not too bad actually. Luckily Cyrus can keep doing the same pieces over and over.

Btw, I follow Cliffy B on Twitter and he's been tweeting quite a few things about his AC adventures lately. Funny to see him play that :p

Niraj

So Grizzly does continue to mention moving in, but he keeps declining!

EDIT: After a couple more tries I managed to convince him to move in! I hope I don't regret this.

Nice! Glad it ended up working out in the short-term at least.

Yeah, it's not too bad actually. Luckily Cyrus can keep doing the same pieces over and over.

It really doesn't. I have it all on my 2nd floor atm.

i am so frigging angry with myself. I finally found a scorpion, but it was hidden behind a house so it got me before i could do anything. then, not thirty seconds later after i respawn at my house, i return to the scene of the crime to see a tarantula, and i sneak up on it, let my net fly... and miss it. it then got me and i woke up back home again.

damint.

Elija2

Of course at 1 in the morning Bob asks me to collect signatures for a petition and he wants it by the end of the day. Definitely don't want to miss out on a chance to get his picture though.

Anyone mind opening their gate for a bit?

Of course at 1 in the morning Bob asks me to collect signatures for a petition and he wants it by the end of the day. Definitely don't want to miss out on a chance to get his picture though.

Anyone mind opening their gate for a bit?

Gates will be opened shortly. :D

Edit: Well, this is new. Hugh asked for furniture. I gave him an Alpine Panel, while inside his house. He immediately put it on display and gave me the item that was replaced...which happened to be a Balloon Clock.

So the moral of the story is don't give away Balloon furniture, just sell it.

Elija2

Thanks again! Unfortunately I returned to my village to find that Bob is sleeping. D:

I hope I can still give it to him tomorrow. Why would he give me such a task so late in the day? Even then, most villagers give you time in the next day when they tell you to do something late at night.

Niraj

Edit: Well, this is new. Hugh asked for furniture. I gave him an Alpine Panel, while inside his house. He immediately put it on display and gave me the item that was replaced...which happened to be a Balloon Clock.

So the moral of the story is don't give away Balloon furniture, just sell it.

That's the worst lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom