• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

The only thing stopping me from completing this theme challenge quicker is the damn mailbox limit. Since I can only order 20 items per day (Usually I only end up getting 10 just to leave that morning delivery round free for regular mail).

Reached 850,000 this morning with only 4 rooms matching the theme. Haven't touched my upstairs yet, I'm thinking I may clear everything out of that room and just fill it with clothes that match the Rustic theme and a matching wall/floor tomorrow. That plus my additions today should be enough to shoot me past 1,100,000.

Is there any benefit of continuing after 1.1m?

Stat!

I'm losing it guys.

I saw the 10th tarantula. The entire night, I've had my net out, and looking for a tarantula. I even found a scorpion which killed me.

Finally, I decide, I'll just do some more paths. So I get my axe, it breaks. I go to my locker to get a new one. Put it in my inventory and start carrying it. But now, I see a tarantula! But I can't switch to my bloody net fast enough before it jumps into the river.

0 for 10 on tarantula hunting. Was trying for about 2 hours. I wish you could trade bugs, because I would spend close to a cool million on one.

Levi

Banned
There's a meteor shower in the Dredfort tonight! Anyone who has me on their friend list is welcome to come over and make a wish!

Animekatt

I'm losing it guys.

I saw the 10th tarantula. The entire night, I've had my net out, and looking for a tarantula. I even found a scorpion which killed me.

Finally, I decide, I'll just do some more paths. So I get my axe, it breaks. I go to my locker to get a new one. Put it in my inventory and start carrying it. But now, I see a tarantula! But I can't switch to my bloody net fast enough before it jumps into the river.

0 for 10 on tarantula hunting. Was trying for about 2 hours. I wish you could trade bugs, because I would spend close to a cool million on one.

I'm sorry, but I laughed really hard at that. XD

ramyeon

I'm losing it guys.

If it makes you feel any better, I've only ever seen 2 tarantulas and never a scorpion :(

Haven't been proper hunting for them yet, I guess I should sometime.

Stat!

I'm sorry, but I laughed really hard at that. XD

lol .... :|

lol, 2 straight nights, I've just looked for tarantulas. Its been my goal. But I'm getting killed here. It was literally after like 2+ hours of looking for one, and then as soon as I switch its gone. FML.

If it makes you feel any better, I've only ever seen 2 tarantulas and never a scorpion :(

Haven't been proper hunting for them yet, I guess I should sometime.

They leave in August but I figure I would properly look for one. Right now, I'm struggling where to play my PWP since I don't have the police station, and I don't really care for any of the ones that are recommended besides the fire hydrant (which will be next to the station once I geet it)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IM SUCH A NOB

there was a scorpion right there and I didn't get stung by it, I didn't even swing at it, I just stared at it hypnotized that I finally found one and it circled into a tree and vanishes

:'(

Stat!

No. You unlock the final gold exterior piece at 1.1m. There are no more prizes or badges left to earn from the HHA.

I have yet to do anything to the exterior of my house. If I do so, can I ever get it back? Are home exterior pieces catalogable the same way furniture is?

ramyeon

I have yet to do anything to the exterior of my house. If I do so, can I ever get it back? Are home exterior pieces catalogable the same way furniture is?
The Golden Exterior stuff you get from the Theme Challenge is all through Lyle so can be added/taken away whenever for free (Not sure if it's always free or just the first time). Other stuff isn't catalogued though, you need to wait for it to show up in store.

fattymcfats

Neo Member
Is there a trick to getting perfect fruit to grow? I'm over 100 hours in, I have a ton of orange trees (my native fruit) and I constantly pick/sell the fruit. I have yet to see a perfect orange.

Is there a trick to getting perfect fruit to grow? I'm over 100 hours in, I have a ton of orange trees (my native fruit) and I constantly pick/sell the fruit. I have yet to see a perfect orange.

Sounds like awful luck, I've only seen 2 perfect fruit from my regular cherry trees both were my first day of playing haven't seen any since.

Just grow more and more orange trees to increase your odds. Also double check that oranges are in fact your native fruit.

Stat!

The Golden Exterior stuff you get from the Theme Challenge is all through Lyle so can be added/taken away whenever for free. Other stuff isn't catalogued though, you need to wait for it to show up in store.

Wait, so let's say I hit 1.1 M.

I get the golden mailbox/rooftop. I decide I don't like either, so I get a new mailbox/roof from Nook. The following day, I decide that I prefer gold. Do I need to do the challenge again or can I just select it from Lyle?

And my second question, concerning Nook, once I change my exterior, if I want the previous exterior piece, I have to wait for it to come back to the store?

ramyeon

Sounds like awful luck, I've only seen 2 perfect fruit from my regular cherry trees both were my first day of playing haven't seen any since.

Just grow more and more orange trees to increase your odds. Also double check that oranges are in fact your native fruit.
Yeah, my only perfect fruit were from the first day too, planted those and then multiplied. I figured every town gets perfect fruit on the first day to start off with.
Wait, so let's say I hit 1.1 M.

I get the golden mailbox/rooftop. I decide I don't like either, so I get a new mailbox/roof from Nook. The following day, I decide that I prefer gold. Do I need to do the challenge again or can I just select it from Lyle?

And my second question, concerning Nook, once I change my exterior, if I want the previous exterior piece, I have to wait for it to come back to the store?
Nope you don't need to redo the challenge, it will stay selectable from Lyle even when you stop the challenge and start doing your own thing.

Yeah, you do. For example if you change your Cabin exterior for the Golden exterior, if you want to go back to the Cabin exterior you need to wait for it to show up again.

Stat!

Nope you don't need to redo the challenge, it will stay selectable from Lyle even when you stop the challenge and start doing your own thing.

Yeah, you do. For example if you change your Cabin exterior for the Golden exterior, if you want to go back to the Cabin exterior you need to wait for it to show up again.

Thanks for the help. Maybe I will do the challenge. When I hit 150K, I decided to just focus on decorating my house the way I wanted it to look with the furniture I wanted without focusing on the item sets. And to be honest, it looks incredible lol. But I may head for it just to hit the challenge. It can't be that hard...right?

Levi

Banned
tumblr_mqmmk9r8KG1qz9t7co1_400.jpg

My first meteor shower! My gates are open if you've got me as a friend and you want to make a wish.

tumblr_mqmmnmBpt61qz9t7co1_400.jpg

I put a full set in a room that was never expanded. :D

ramyeon

Thanks for the help. Maybe I will do the challenge. When I hit 150K, I decided to just focus on decorating my house the way I wanted it to look with the furniture I wanted without focusing on the item sets. And to be honest, it looks incredible lol. But I may head for it just to hit the challenge. It can't be that hard...right?
It's hard if you try to make it look good at the same time. I was doing that at first and only increasing in points a little by little. Then I just started ordering copies of a bunch of the same furniture that fit the theme and dumping one in each room until I had 3 rooms with full sets and a bunch of random Rustic stuff, and one room of just random Rustic stuff.

You get more points the more furniture of the theme in the room, so it pays to cram as much as you can in. Also having the full exterior themed multiplies it a LOT as well.

Essentially my house looks rubbish now. But I'm glad I started sooner rather than later, and it pays to choose a theme that you already have a few sets for in your house. I went with Rustic because I already had a Modern Wood and Cabin themed room in my house.

celebi23

double-neck-guitar.jpg

Just a reminder, the Double-Neck Guitar DLC at Best Buy starts tomorrow :D

Here's how to get the Best Buy items without actually going to Best Buy:
1) Log in to the admin settings page for your router. Use Google if you need assistance on how to do this.
2) Change your router Wi-Fi SSID to “Bestbuy”. Basically, the name of your Wi-Fi hotspot. Keep in mind that this is case sensitive!
3) Re setup the internet connection on your Nintendo 3DS for your new router name.
4) If it’s working and you set the name correctly, your 3DS should inform you of a nearby Nintendo Zone hotspot. But you don’t actually need to go inside the app. Just head to the next step.
5) Load up Animal Crossing: New Leaf and run to the Post Office on Main Street. Talk to Pelly at the desk and ask to check for presents.

Oh, I've got a bunch of extra Nintendo items:
Red Pikmin (x2)
Yellow Pikmin
Big Bro's Mustache
Hero's Cap
Hero's Clothes
Hero's Pants
Master Sword
Fi's Mask
Metroid
Mushroom Mural
S.S. Dolphin
Green Shell

If you're interested, just shoot me a PM with the item(s) names in the subject line and include your FC & Town Name as well. My FC is 4699-6104-8768.

ramyeon

I finally ended up changing Beautiful Town to the Early Bird ordinance today. I find myself waking up before 10 most days and hate having to wait for stores to open. Also I have the Gold Can already so it's not so imperative to keep Perfect status anymore...

Kinda miffed that I only got 1 Jacob's Ladder over 3+ weeks of Perfect Town though.

Marvie_3

Banned
I finally ended up changing Beautiful Town to the Early Bird ordinance today. I find myself waking up before 10 most days and hate having to wait for stores to open. Also I have the Gold Can already so it's not so imperative to keep Perfect status anymore...

Kinda miffed that I only got 1 Jacob's Ladder over 3+ weeks of Perfect Town though.

Wow that sucks. I get one every other day or so.

Stat!

My night of bad luck continues. Instead of giving Poncho some fruit (which was by the tree directly behind him), I was clicking so fast, I gave him lobster instead... First of all, he was ungrateful. I had fruit too! If he just waited, I would have pulled out the fruit. And seriously? There are like 30 fruit trees in my village but this was fresh lobster, and he rejects that? Please.

double-neck-guitar.jpg

Just a reminder, the Double-Neck Guitar DLC at Best Buy starts tomorrow :D

Here's how to get the Best Buy items without actually going to Best Buy:.

Thanks for the heads up. Is the DNG DLC orderable? I know the palmtree/rainbow screen are, but is this?

celebi23

My night of bad luck continues. Instead of giving Poncho some fruit (which was by the tree directly behind him), I was clicking so fast, I gave him lobster instead... First of all, he was ungrateful. I had fruit too! If he just waited, I would have pulled out the fruit. And seriously? There are like 30 fruit trees in my village but this was fresh lobster, and he rejects that? Please.

Thanks for the heads up. Is the DNG DLC orderable? I know the palmtree/rainbow screen are, but is this?
According to this site http://moridb.com/items/furniture/double-neck-guitar it looks like it is

Levi

Banned
Will you add me? I WANNA WISH.

2079 - 6509 - 0372
(Baxter in Tonco)

Also, do you need any Pascal/Nintendo stuff?

You're added, and my gates are open.

I need Peach's Parasol, SS Dolphin, and all the Pascal stuff besides Jolly Roger, Barrel, and the ship's wheel, although I can't remember the name. Don't feel like you're obligated to bring a gift, though.

Garland7G

This is difficult dude, we both want it and I would feel bad if I would snatch it right under his nose :lol

Hey If your still around, I have one you can have (only made it to this post so far lol)
so whoever didn't get his you can have mine if you still need it. Fair warning though its big, useless, takes up a ton of space and you can't put anything on it like a normal table.

You're added, and my gates are open.

I need Peach's Parasol, SS Dolphin, and all the Pascal stuff besides Jolly Roger, Barrel, and the ship's wheel, although I can't remember the name. Don't feel like you're obligated to bring a gift, though.

Do you mind if I swing by quickly? 4527-7224-5126

Despera

Banned
So Blathers just suggested The Roost PWP, and I decided to cancel the Wind Turbine project (I haven't funded it yet, so it didn't matter). I didn't know you had to wait a day between canceling a project and starting another one, though.

Bummer.

So Blathers just suggested The Roost PWP, and I decided to cancel the Wind Turbine project (I haven't funded it yet, so it didn't matter). I didn't know you had to wait a day between canceling a project and starting another one, though.

Bummer.

That exact thing happened to me. I was just happy I hadn't donated anything to the project I canceled.

Garland7G

Can you actually lay on the hammock pwp or is it useless? Had it suggested today.

Lolly is pretty cute! I know who i’m going to recruit once bill or derwin moves out..well kitt is also pretty cool so either one....so far
tumblr_mqmp8xttOi1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

Boogiepop

Well, I just got super lucky. I decided to play about a half hour to look for late night stuff I still needed and got a horseshoe crab right away and then decided to look for a scarab beetle. I never found the scarab beetle but near the end of my journey, what do I see in my plaza but... a scorpion! I actually forgot if you were supposed approach them fast like bees or slow like insects on trees so I just kind of walked up behind it while it was scuttling along and amazingly got it. Then I was walking to give it to the museum and what do I see but a tarantula hanging out in between the trees behind my house! I also walked up behind him and grabbed him no problem! They must not be too aggressive AI wise in this game, because neither reacted to me at all.

But yeah, I got to give Blathers the awesome present of a tarantula and a scorpion at the same time! Hooray!

ramyeon

Well, I just got super lucky. I decided to play about a half hour to look for late night stuff I still needed and got a horseshoe crab right away and then decided to look for a scarab beetle. I never found the scarab beetle but near the end of my journey, what do I see in my plaza but... a scorpion! I actually forgot if you were supposed approach them fast like bees or slow like insects on trees so I just kind of walked up behind it while it was scuttling along and amazingly got it. Then I was walking to give it to the museum and what do I see but a tarantula hanging out in between the trees behind my house! I also walked up behind him and grabbed him no problem! They must not be too aggressive AI wise in this game, because neither reacted to me at all.

But yeah, I got to give Blathers the awesome present of a tarantula and a scorpion at the same time! Hooray!
I've seen 2 tarantulas and they've dashed away as soon as I moved towards them :/ guess I'm gonna have to try some late night bug hunting tonight.

Stat!

After going 0 for 10, I finally found another tarantula. I freaked out, pulled out my silver net, and turned around. I honestly thought it was going to get me before I swung, but I managed to get it.

1 for 11 in tarantulas. Donated to the museum :) - Very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom