• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Either become their best friend (talking to them, doing most of their requests, sending them letters, etc) OR ignore them & their requests completely. After 2 or so weeks he/she will run up to you and tell you they are moving out.

Yeah I've been whacking the shit out of them with my net too.

walei

Normally I don't use an umbrella but I had a thunderstorm last night (thought July suppose to be better with the rain!) so I just went a grabbed one based on my flag design
tumblr_mpbcn6OV971rv1wspo1_400.jpg

Looks pretty good!

To escape the rain I went to a friend's town and saw this freakshow...
tumblr_mpbcm0u2OV1rv1wspo1_400.jpg

Sent him a letter begging him to never come to my town...ever.

Rocwell

I'm in a love/hate relationship with the graphics editor.
I've started my first PRO project and it was coming out not bad, so I saved hopeful that I could come back and edit and...NOPE

http://25.media.tumblr.com/0e2d9537e04e88be96e9b872d35cc3d6/tumblr_mpc551JxJy1sy4yr9o1_400.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/30640b18782518af3b2213e30132ca1a/tumblr_mpc56ndW9e1sy4yr9o1_400.jpg[IMG]

It's the BigBoss sneaking suit from MGSV, I think that I will start again from scratch even if it's looks complete from what I can tell...[/QUOTE]

You can edit them after saving you just have to talk to Mabel(?) and can't do it from your pattern palette. Select make a pro design and then the pattern you want to edit and it'll start with that pattern as a base.

does straw hats block tanning? Just like the look of it but want to keep my tan going so not sure if I should take my hat with me

rQsxeBZ.jpg

okay enough spending metals time to try to get 50 for Club Med

celebi23

Anyone have any extra Cabana pieces? I've decided to turn my 2nd floor into that :p I've got a Stego Torso, Triforce, Space Shuttle & Mrs. Flamingo to trade. I already bought the Radio.

Goli

Guys, despite being super hyped before release, after a week of playing life got in the way and I couldn't play anymore since I was too busy. I still am, but less so. At least I have SOME time to play now.
And I don't know whether I should restart or get back where I left off. I didn't like much either my villagers or map after playing in it for a few days.
Thoughts?

UberTag

Anyone have any helpful hints on the best way to capture tarantulas/scorpions?
I'm really having terrible luck with them.

Go in to quick and they come at me and sting me.
Go in to slow and they run off and vanish under a tree/rock.

I've got nothing else left to hunt/fish in July so they will torment me until captured.
And I've run into both in the past 30 minutes now. :(

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

I've got nothing else left to hunt/fish in July so they will torment me until captured.
And I've run into both in the past 30 minutes now. :(

Here's a helpful hint that I didn't really realize at first.

Just holding the A button isn't slow enough for some bugs. You have to hold the A button, AND only slightly push the analog nub so you're moving at about 3/4 to 1/2 of the normal "catching bugs" net speed.

Garland7G

Freya wanted a caneothnaldjhfs fish, finally caught one for her was gonna sell it, glad I didn't! she gave me this awesome outdoor bath! now I just gotta find a good spot for it.
tumblr_mpc7nyTxlp1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

Koomaster

I'm in a love/hate relationship with the graphics editor.
I've started my first PRO project and it was coming out not bad, so I saved hopeful that I could come back and edit and...NOPE

tumblr_mpc551JxJy1sy4yr9o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mpc56ndW9e1sy4yr9o1_400.jpg

It's the BigBoss sneaking suit from MGSV, I think that I will start again from scratch even if it's looks complete from what I can tell...
You can't edit Pro Designs from your own menu, but if you talk to Mabel again, you can edit it there (for another 500 bell fee of course).

UberTag

Here's a helpful hint that I didn't really realize at first.

Just holding the A button isn't slow enough for some bugs. You have to hold the A button, AND only slightly push the analog nub so you're moving at about 3/4 to 1/2 of the normal "catching bugs" net speed.
Will that tactic prove effective with tarantulas/scorpions?
I go that route for beetle hunting on the island all the time but I'm always paranoid that the tarantulas/spiders will vanish if I don't respond quickly.
I've literally stood in one spot while fumbling for my net and had a tarantula vanish on me.
That's why the slow sneaking approach isn't something I've been keen on with them.

Koomaster

Will that tactic prove effective with tarantulas/scorpions?
I go that route for beetle hunting on the island all the time but I'm always paranoid that the tarantulas/spiders will vanish if I don't respond quickly.
I've literally stood in one spot while fumbling for my net and had a tarantula vanish on me.
That's why the slow sneaking approach isn't something I've been keen on with them.
I find it's better to enrage them. Just walk around town with your net out. Keep sharp eyes and as soon as one spots you and comes in for the attack, swat at it. They are like bees in a way; draw them into the attack and then strike.

Like you are experiencing, if you are too slow to draw out your net they will vanish. If they see you without the net they run away. Only way to get them is make 'em mad and swing.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
It began as a joke...
a funny room, to display to the neighbours when they visited....
1010762_539663129423673_818306321_n.jpg

something happened....

i found some one... wandering the park.

i had to make her mine.

1044116_539763976080255_908087037_n.jpg

shes gone now :( to a better place.

i still sit and wait for her.

421936_539730869416899_1450288296_n.jpg

It's all about getting behind these guys and nabbing them fast.
If you are in their line of sight and have a net equipped they will haul ass and mow you down, leaving you to wake up frightened and alone in front of your house.
It's a delicate balance of avoiding their gaze and getting in fast enough to scoop 'em up before they run.

I think you have to just stop talking to them to get them to move out. There's no way for the game to interpret what a letter is saying so they love your letter no matter what. That is hurting your chances to get them to move out. I just completely ignored them for a week and then they were gone.

Yea I've had two different people try to move out (bye Nate!), and all I did was not talk to them. And one was Tia, who I love. Sorry Tia, I was just plantin trees&flowers.

Rocwell

Sunday
tumblr_mpc9adc88u1swmtwro1_400.jpg

Today
tumblr_mpc98mVUKm1swmtwro1_400.jpg

tumblr_mpc97lWBbQ1swmtwro1_400.jpg

Many thanks to timetokill!

Also Shampoodle opened today.
tumblr_mpc9bsPSy91swmtwro1_400.jpg

No pics but T&T is upgrading from the convenience store and Brewster's coffee shop should be open tomorrow too.

Roto13

Ugh, friends list is so full. I had 100. Decided to delete some people who have probably deleted me (don't have a "last online" note on their card) and that left me with 95. :p
wait does someone have good turnip prices?

Someone in the turnip thread does/did.

Kenai

I have heard that villagers also get annoyed if you start talking to them, the select the second opinion "Nevermind" or whatever. Not 100% positive on that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom