• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
yeah, at least i got Drift which is the best frog there is. (well Ribbot sounds cool too)
tell me if any leaves, i'd love a kangaroo.
I'm going to keep Kitt because she's the only one I want to keep but if Walt or Astrid move away I'll let you know. Walt is awesome but his house is in the way of where I want to build something.

Novocaine

One more fossil to go. Need a raptor skull.

Have these;

2 ammonite
1 ankylo torso
1 apato tail
1 apato torso
3 dinosaur egg
2 diplo hip
2 fern fossil
1 ichthyo skull
1 iguanadon tail
1 megacero skull
2 megacero torso
3 parasaur tail
2 parasaur torso
3 peking man
1 ptera left wing
3 ptera skull
1 shark tooth
2 spino skull
1 spino tail
1 styraco torso
1 T.rex skull
1 tricera skull
1 tricera tail

Also have these Nintendo items extra

3 ? Block
1 big bro's mustache
1 Block
1 Fi Mask
1 heros boots
1 Peach's Parasol
1 Super Mushroom
2 Toad Hat
3 Varia Suit shoes
1 Yoshi's Egg
1 Green Shell

If you don't have a raptor skull and still want some of this stuff you are welcome to it. I'm going to be hocking it off to make space very soon. Also I could always use more Metroids. FC is in profile. Toss me a PM if you are interested.

LadyRiven

Finally found a scarab oh my god. Phew!

Now only the scorpion left... and I've been looking for the scarab and scorpion at the same time for forever now. I can already tell, I'll see one and then fail to catch it.

Scorpions are horrible. T_T I always get stung when I find one. :<

Philia

Yay, I got my Zen Clock suggestion. Del's fucking awesome for this. :)

And yes, thank you, Tash. Your town's lovely. I didn't sell apples or anything (I'm peach) but I went to buy stuff for my catalog and dropped them at your station. Hope they were still all there.

MicH

Today's PWP suggestion: outdoor chair. Ugh

1 scorpion and 3 tarantulas later and I'm on the verge on giving up on ever catching them. HOW do you do it?! Whenever I get my net out they come charging at me before Si can even swing it! And if I wait they disappear or commit suicide.

Fuck this shit

ramyeon

1 scorpion and 3 tarantulas later and I'm on the verge on giving up on ever catching them. HOW do you do it?! Whenever I get my net out they come charging at me before Si can even swing it! And if I wait they disappear or commit suicide.

Fuck this shit
Get behind them, get your net out and hold down A. Follow them until they stop and turn around to face you, make sure you stop moving completely while they are staring you down. They will turn around and walk off again, follow them again and repeat. Eventually you will get close enough to let go of A and bring your net down on them.

They won't attack as long as you stay completely still while they face you. Caught on my first try by doing this method.

MicH

Get behind them, get your net out and hold down A. Follow them until they stop and turn around to face you, make sure you stop moving completely while they are staring you down. They will turn around and walk off again, follow them again and repeat. Eventually you will get close enough to let go of A and bring your net down on them.

They won't attack as long as you stay completely still while they face you. Caught on my first try by doing this method.
Thanks for the tip. They move so quick and it seems that they can feel me taking out my net whichever direction they face. God I hate these things so damn much

ramyeon

Thanks for the tip. They move so quick and it seems that they can feel me taking out my net whichever direction they face. God I hate these things so damn much
Haha yeah I was lucky I knew this method the first time I tried catching a tarantula, it made if surprisingly easy!

Still have yet to ever see a scorpion though :/

UberTag

Fuck this shit
I easily saw a dozen tarantulas and scorpions each before finally capturing either one.

The tarantula was a stroke of luck. It spawned north of my house as I was leaving it and glancing east while I was coming at it from its blind side to the south. I pulled out my net, ran up to it and swung my net before it could have a chance to react.

I ran into the scorpion on Sunday night while making a run to open my gates for my final fossil swap. What I did there was I closed the gap between myself and the scorpion until I was virtually on top of it BEFORE pulling out my net. I swapped to my net and swung before it had a chance to realize I was a threat.

Trying to sneak up on them just leads to misery.
Pulling out your net when you're a fair distance away and they've clearly seen you also leads to ruin.

Have your net primed with the directional buttons but if you can't run up to it and nab it before it even sees you (like I did with the tarantula) then your best bet is to close the distance before pulling the net out and then it's simply a matter of reflexes.

Try not to be discouraged. You've still got 33 days to bag a tarantula and even longer to nab a scorpion. Should afford you plenty of good opportunities. ramyeon's method might work as well but I wouldn't want to judge the timing of holding still while sneaking in hopes that they don't just vanish under a tree. Replicating "I did this on my first try" methods have seldom worked for me with any game.

Elija2

I've noticed that if you turn the game off and turn it back on later in the day, different villagers will ask you to do something for them. So if you've run out of tasks to do for your fellow villagers, just reset the game and you'll have something new to do. This is a good trick if you want someone's picture but they're not asking you to do anything for them.

I just tried it and now Barold wants signatures for a petition and Curly wants new furniture.

ramyeon

I easily saw a dozen tarantulas and scorpions each before finally capturing either one.

The tarantula was a stroke of luck. It spawned north of my house as I was leaving it and glancing east while I was coming at it from its blind side to the south. I pulled out my net, ran up to it and swung my net before it could have a chance to react.

I ran into the scorpion on Sunday night while making a run to open my gates for my final fossil swap. What I did there was I closed the gap between myself and the scorpion until I was virtually on top of it BEFORE pulling out my net. I swapped to my net and swung before it had a chance to realize I was a threat.

Trying to sneak up on them just leads to misery.
Pulling out your net when you're a fair distance away and they've clearly seen you also leads to ruin.

Have your net primed with the directional buttons but if you can't run up to it and nab it before it even sees you (like I did with the tarantula) then your best bet is to close the distance before pulling the net out and then it's simply a matter of reflexes.

Try not to be discouraged. You've still got 33 days to bag a tarantula and even longer to nab a scorpion. Should afford you plenty of good opportunities. ramyeon's method might work as well but I wouldn't want to judge the timing of holding still while sneaking in hopes that they don't just vanish under a tree. Replicating "I did this on my first try" methods have seldom worked for me with any game.
They won't disappear under a tree unless they're running away from you. The point in my method is that they never 'realise' you're there. It's really not had to time stopping when they turn about, they make a noise and turn around slowly, pretty much broadcasting the fact that they're doing it. This makes me think that this is the way they're intended to be caught.

UberTag

Anyone have a pair of Oval Shades on hand that they can loan me?
Need a modern accessory to max out my item luck today and score an item from Katrina.

Willing to offer bells in exchange or something else you need in exchange. Many thanks in advance.

EDIT: Actually, false alarm. Labelle actually had a pair for sale. Now that's lucky.

Nintendo items for trade. I'm looking for Master Sword, Hero's Pants, Hero's Boots, Samus Helmet.

Blue Falcon
Blue Pikmin
Block Floor
Majora's Mask
Metroid
Peach's Parasol
Super Star
Varia Suit Shoes

1-Up Mushroom X2
Fire Flower X3
Green Shell X4
Hero's Cap X2
Midna's Mask X3
Pipe X2
Super Mushroom X4
Toad Hat X2
Triple Bananas X2

PM me with your FC if you're interested. I can't keep up with this thread. My FC is in my profile.

Also, my retail is buying turnips for 451 bells right now if anyone is interested. Just PM me and let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom