• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Niraj, what is this mysterious and magical method for obtaining paintings that I keep reading about???

I just chat my dudes up and they hook me up :) chat something like 5-7 times, if they don't give you anything, just go to main street or whatever and come back and start over again. I've gotten 7 legit and 2 fakes from Lionel (smug), and 2 legit 1 fake from Groucho (cranky) just today doing it.

Usually the cranky ones sell for something like 3,300ish (and sometimes they'll just give it to you for free) while the smug ones are 7,056 or something close to that.

Congrats on becoming a member btw!

Niraj

I feel your stump maker pain, Elija. I'm stuck with the moniker too. It doesn't matter that I probably plant 3 for every one I chop, they still make me sound like a tree-hating monster.

My villagers were calling you a green thumb!

Got a legit solemn painting from Lionel. Who wants it? :)

Koomaster

Decided to make a shirt before Able Sisters closed for the night...

tumblr_mqs61lvUWg1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

I think it turned out okay. Will have to wait till they reopen tomorrow and clean it up a bit more.

Niraj

Gate to Dredfort is open, come on over!

Thanks for letting me visit. Very nice town and house!

For the rest of you, I have an extra jolly painting. I'm going out for a drive for maybe half an hour, but then I'll be back again, so let me know if any of you want it (preferably somebody I have added already since I'm running outta space, but we'll make it work if not :x)

Animekatt

Thanks for letting me visit. Very nice town and house!

For the rest of you, I have an extra jolly painting. I'm going out for a drive for maybe half an hour, but then I'll be back again, so let me know if any of you want it (preferably somebody I have added already since I'm running outta space, but we'll make it work if not :x)

If no one takes it, I'll have it. :p

Zero_IYAD

I'd trade you for my amazing painting if you like : )
Sadly I don't have you in my friends list.

Niraj

If no one takes it, I'll have it. :p

Don't be shy, you called it. All yours. You gonna be around a bit later or should I just put it in storage for now?

I'd trade you for my amazing painting if you like : )
Sadly I don't have you in my friends list.

Already got that one I'm afraid :(

These are the ones I'm missing I think:

Ancient statue
Beautiful statue
Calm painting
Common painting
Gallant statue
Great statue
Motherly statue
Nice painting
Proper painting
Quaint painting
Robust statue
Valiant statue
Wild painting

which brings up an interesting question: has anyone gotten statues from villagers, or just paintings?

Frogstep

I just chat my dudes up and they hook me up :) chat something like 5-7 times, if they don't give you anything, just go to main street or whatever and come back and start over again. I've gotten 7 legit and 2 fakes from Lionel (smug), and 2 legit 1 fake from Groucho (cranky) just today doing it.

Usually the cranky ones sell for something like 3,300ish (and sometimes they'll just give it to you for free) while the smug ones are 7,056 or something close to that.

Congrats on becoming a member btw!

I had no idea this was a thing, I just got 2 legits from doing this. :D

I really gotta start farming for these paintings, but I don't have any cranky or smug villagers :(

But anyways, here are some pictures I've been forgetting to upload after I take them...

BQecfJfCQAAq8mW.jpg:large

I would watch that show.

BQecvWwCEAAc5FW.jpg:large

My birthday was back on the 13th, and, unfortunately, I got nothing good.

BQec4R7CIAE0ijk.jpg:large

By far the most amount of bells I've been able to pull in one turnip transaction.

Linius

Attention dudes and dudettes, I have a tropical vista selling on my island for 100 medals. So yeah, I can ferry you to the island if you want.

Please tell me this is still going for a while? :D

The number lamps? Between a few of us I think we have them all.

Also, just got another perfect painting from Groucho. Wolfe or Linius, I'm looking at you guys for first dibs. Just let me know. If I don't hear from them, I'll hook somebody else up with it (it's always legit).

It was the middle of the night for me. Still there? :p

Julian gave me nothing after twenty minutes of chatter btw. But I'm cooler than cucumbers.

Niraj

Please tell me this is still going for a while? :D

It was the middle of the night for me. Still there? :p

Julian gave me nothing after twenty minutes of chatter btw. But I'm cooler than cucumbers.

Yup, still kept it. I knew you were sleeping :p give me a few and I'll open up

mb.exe

Kiki the cat is moving out of my town in a few days if anyone wants to convince her to move to their town. I think she's a "normal" personality.

zroid

Banned
Kiki the cat is moving out of my town in a few days if anyone wants to convince her to move to their town. I think she's a "normal" personality.

Hmm, maybe. I don't have a Normal-type right now, or a cat, for that matter. Is she as cool as all the other cool cats? Freckles is moving out in a couple days, and I'll have a free spot then.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hmm, maybe. I don't have a Normal-type right now, or a cat, for that matter. Is she as cool as all the other cool cats? Freckles is moving out in a couple days, and I'll have a free spot then.
Kiki is adorable with her pudgy nose; get her if you are able to.

Niraj

zomg after 2 legits Chow decided to screw me with 4 fakes in a row, that bastard! T^T

That really sucks :( my final count for the day is 10 legit, 2 fakes from Lionel, and 2 legit, 1 fake from Groucho. Mostly dupes, but still not bad at all of course :p

Is it possible for the space around the villager's home to overlap the space around a PWP as seen in diagram 2? I know it's possible if it was a cliff or a river, but I'm not so confident about a PWP.

In other words, which diagram is correct: 1 or 2?

Blue represents the structure.
Red represents the space around the structure.
i1D5WVNR9BkzH.png

I know about the new character trick, but I'm working on foolproofing areas of my town.

I'm pretty sure 1 is correct. I tried to put a lamp next to a villager's house once, and it had to be so far away that it didn't look quite right.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
No idea, but haven't we seen instances where a bridge has been built, then a villager has moved in and when the player tries to replace said bridge they are told it is too close to a house so it could be the case that villagers can move within the buffer zone.

Placing PWP is easily the worst part of AC. So I have a river dividing my town horizontally and I wanted to put a bridge behind my house so I wouldn't have to go all the way around to get to Re-tail. Isabelle tells me that I can't because it's too close to my house. Okay, fine. Poppy lives to my right and I get the same message that it's too close to a building and Muffy had just plopped her house to my left so I couldn't put a bridge behind there either. Eventually I just decided to ignore Muffy until she moved out and was able to build the bridge behind the empty spot where her house once was. The next day Puddles moves into town and puts her house in THE SAME EXACT SPOT Muffy had hers. I swear, this game must make up its own rules as it goes along. God forbid I do something like put two light posts too close together thus risk shattering the fragile reality of time and space.

No idea, but haven't we seen instances where a bridge has been built, then a villager has moved in and when the player tries to replace said bridge they are told it is too close to a house so it could be the case that villagers can move within the buffer zone.

Placing PWP is easily the worst part of AC. So I have a river dividing my town horizontally and I wanted to put a bridge behind my house so I wouldn't have to go all the way around to get to Re-tail. Isabelle tells me that I can't because it's too close to my house. Okay, fine. Poppy lives to my right and I get the same message that it's too close to a building and Muffy had just plopped her house to my left so I couldn't put a bridge behind there either. Eventually I just decided to ignore Muffy until she moved out and was able to build the bridge behind the empty spot where her house once was. The next day Puddles moves into town and puts her house in THE SAME EXACT SPOT Muffy had hers. I swear, this game must make up its own rules as it goes along. God forbid I do something like put two light posts too close together thus risk shattering the fragile reality of time and space.

Guess that confirms my nightmares...

Just to be safe, I'll plan for diagram 2. Now it's time to grab some violets and start planting PWP placeholders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom