• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like some villagers want river fish or ocean fish. They just want something. :)

You sure? :p Hmz, could be. Now I'm doubting myself...

Trolling me because he knows I want his picture.

I gave him a saw stag from my drawer of obnoxiously difficult to catch bugs and fish. At least Marina had the decency to specify golden stag before giving me a worthless reward. :p

Animekatt

My hard work paid off...

tumblr_mqtlt6a1vm1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Helps that three of my residents have the exact same coffee order. Easy to remember whenever they walk in. :D

Grats! I need to finish off doing the cafe for those. The last thing I got was the shirt.
What do they sound like?

I gave him a saw stag from my drawer of obnoxiously difficult to catch bugs and fish. At least Marina had the decency to specify golden stag before giving me a worthless reward. :p

Well, you could get a picture for giving a flea like I experencied with Lyman. Strange koala. :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

This isn't totally related, but I had a weird situation regarding bugs and pictures. Flurry wanted to replace the golden stag I gave her (she gave me her pic for that), so I gave her something, and oddly, she gave me the golden stag back. Lionel had asked me for a golden stag, so I gave him that one, and he gave me another of his pics. It was just kind of funny how that worked out.

>>> Here's another method to upload pics (dropbox) if you can't access the 3DS image share site.

I've used it many times.

I usually just turn my system off and pop out my SD card. I have to force myself not to be paranoid about data corruption though :p

Koomaster

Grats! I need to finish off doing the cafe for those. The last thing I got was the shirt.
What do they sound like?
Hard to describe. One sounds like a clinking glass and another a bit like a coffeemaker gurgling. So I guess the theme is sounds of a coffee shop. One tho just sounds like someone grunting/grumbling to me tho. :p

Koala? How fitting eh.

Hehe, yeah, I'm a strange one too. :)

It was real funny. Never played an animal crossing game before. He was my first villager, Lyman. I was like hmz, which animal will it be? When I saw him walking, I was like what? They have koalas in the game? Coool!!! :)

I think I have a nice bunch of villagers. Lot of people are telling me, oh, you have that one and that one, cool. :) Guess I was lucky. Also with the layout of town apparently.

Philia

Hard to describe. One sounds like a clinking glass and another a bit like a coffeemaker gurgling. So I guess the theme is sounds of a coffee shop. One tho just sounds like someone grunting/grumbling to me tho. :p

Lmao. I've swapped my gyroids at Club LOL with these. :3 I'm deaf so I don't need to hear how silly they are. Probably to any visitor's pure amusement lmao.

Elija2

Well I've got every fortune cookie item in the game so it's time for me to get rid of my dupes. I have the following:

Green Shell
Super Mushroom x3
Coin x2
Fire Flower
Super Star
S.S. Dolphin x2
Pikmin
Metroid
Toad hat
Majora's Mask
Samus Mask
blue Pikmin
Triple Red Shells
Blue Falcon
Yoshi's Egg
Virtual Boy
Triforce
mushroom mural
hero's clothes
hero's pants
hero's boots

If anyone wants any of these just let me know. I ask for nothing in return, but if you have a ? Block I would gladly take that as a donation since I need another one for my Nintendo exhibit.

Oh man, I think I either missed the peak turnip price or have the random pattern. It went super low then bounded back up to 11X, then dropped back to 90. And I have almost 100k tied up in turnips. I haven't been able to check the price religiously because of work.

I'm also worried the routine of every day is wearing me out. I used to time travel all the time in the original and Wild World, but I've strictly kept it all above board this time, mostly because I can fit in most of a day's work into my commute.

Anyone have suggestions to liven it up? I'm still pretty early relatively, since I got it late. I've just got Kicks, TT Mart and got signatures for Club LOL. Also about to get my first new room on the ground floor.

My routine is usually water all flowers, get all fossils, sell stuff from past island farming, visit all shops, and other small tasks as they pop up. Haven't even started any PWPs or trying to get more.

Frogstep

All you can do with coffee beans is sell them at Re-Tail, right? You can never actually use the coffee machines and stuff you get from Brewster to make your own at home?

SmithnCo

All you can do with coffee beans is sell them at Re-Tail, right? You can never actually use the coffee machines and stuff you get from Brewster to make your own at home?

No, you can just display them in your home or sell them I guess. Making coffee and other food would be neat for AC though.

Well I've got every fortune cookie item in the game so it's time for me to get rid of my dupes. I have the following:

Green Shell
Super Mushroom x3
Coin x2
Fire Flower
Super Star
S.S. Dolphin x2
Pikmin
Metroid
Toad hat
Majora's Mask
Samus Mask
blue Pikmin
Triple Red Shells
Blue Falcon
Yoshi's Egg
Virtual Boy
Triforce
mushroom mural
hero's clothes
hero's pants
hero's boots

If anyone wants any of these just let me know. I ask for nothing in return, but if you have a ? Block I would gladly take that as a donation since I need another one for my Nintendo exhibit.

i'd gladly take them but since i never move my 3DS i don't have any coins to buy the cookies. i don't have the Block is what i'm trying to say. .

Ellix

One of my villagers just asked me for a "stag beetle." But that's not an actual thing. Can I give him any bug with stag in its name?

I remember back in June one of my villagers asked me for a "cicada" and I had no idea what was going on since cicadas were not out yet. Turns out that the lantern fly is considered a type of cicada and that was basically the only option at that point in time for "cicadas".

In my own experience when villagers ask for things like "stag/horned beetles" or "river/ocean fish" they're not considered difficult requests and I often get back clothing as rewards. The rare bug/fish requests seem to always be rewarded with furniture and I've only received villager pics from these types of requests.

I remember back in June one of my villagers asked me for a "cicada" and I had no idea what was going on since cicadas were not out yet. Turns out that the lantern fly is considered a type of cicada and that was basically the only option at that point in time for "cicadas".

In my own experience when villagers ask for things like "stag/horned beetles" or "river/ocean fish" they're not considered difficult requests and I often get back clothing as rewards. The rare bug/fish requests seem to always be rewarded with furniture and I've only received villager pics from these types of requests.

So why I got a picture for giving a flea? :p Something has to be off right?

Edit: And guys, fireworks table is out. :) Just got mine. :)

Ellix

So why I got a picture for giving a flea? :p Something has to be off right?

I've also read from other players here that they've received pictures from other types of tasks too. Maybe it's just that the rare bug/fish requests have higher chance to get the pic as a reward? I've yet to receive pics from easier requests though : (

Elija2

i'd gladly take them but since i never move my 3DS i don't have any coins to buy the cookies. i don't have the Block is what i'm trying to say. .

That's fine. I added your friend code. Mine is in my profile.

I'll open my gate and you can grab them all. Do you want multiples as well (all three Super Mushrooms instead of just one)?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I've also read from other players here that they've received pictures from other types of tasks too. Maybe it's just that the rare bug/fish requests have higher chance to get the pic as a reward? I've yet to receive pics from easier requests though : (

Of the three (well four, one's a dupe) that I've gotten, three were from "harder" requests (golden stag, arowana, golden stag), and the other was just replacing a piece of furniture.

Koren

When you get those with requests, you get the picture directly in exchange of the fish/bug/etc.?

I'm pretty sure I got my picture from a home visit... (you know, you usually get a letter with a gift inside, it was a picture this time)

Heh, I haven't been using a guide, I'm just taking notes and referring to them as needed (which is often!).
Sure, opening and closing the notes app is really slow and a bit of a pain, but it's kinda fun having to take notes. I find it a lot easier to draw out orders. Blend with a little sugar is a swirl and a dot.

Also today, I completely botched everyone's order. Yay, for me...

Koomaster

Pretty much; can't brew your own coffee at home unfortunately.

Also it's better to put your beans up on the flea market and have neighbors buy them for nearly 4x the value.

The superb coffee beans, Reese will only give 2k bells, but you can sell them on the flea market for 7,999 bells.

zroid

Banned
Sure, opening and closing the notes app is really slow and a bit of a pain, but it's kinda fun having to take notes. I find it a lot easier to draw out orders. Blend with a little sugar is a swirl and a dot.

Also today, I completely botched everyone's order. Yay, for me...

Yeah, it's definitely a pain, but satisfying. :p

I *could* just type it up on my laptop but eehhhhh

Drawing is a cool idea; I just use shorthand. 0-3S, 0-3M, and B/M/K/BM for the beans. And I write the same thing in red ink to tell me when it's not that.

Ellix

Of the three (well four, one's a dupe) that I've gotten, three were from "harder" requests (golden stag, arowana, golden stag), and the other was just replacing a piece of furniture.

For me the three I've gotten from requests were for coelacanth, Napoleonfish, and arapaima.

When you get those with requests, you get the picture directly in exchange of the fish/bug/etc.?

I'm pretty sure I got my picture from a home visit... (you know, you usually get a letter with a gift inside, it was a picture this time)

Mine were all from direct exchange for the rare fish/bug. I've yet to receive a pic from home visits but I guess it's possible!

Edit: I've gotten enough coffees from Brewster that he knows my usual blend. It's mocha with 1 sugar 1 milk , which is convenient because it's the same as Whitney's preferred. : P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom