• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinvara

Is there any kind of pattern to the animals asking for certain projects, or is it just completely random? I want a windmill already, dammit!

I'm running out of interesting projects to work on too.

I guess I'll start on the well next and maybe a clock and a street lamp after that. But I don't want to start public projects just because.

Really wished more public projects had a practical use. :/

SmithnCo

Is there any kind of pattern to the animals asking for certain projects, or is it just completely random? I want a windmill already, dammit!

Just that certain personalities ask for certain projects. I've tried to corner a jock villager so he suggests the forecast building.

Elija2

None of my villagers are in their houses, but only 5 of them are outside. Now I have to go hunting for the rest if I want to talk to them. I like that they've made the villagers actually do stuff (or at least look like they're doing stuff) but I hate when I have to go look inside every building when I want to find someone.

Adamator

I'm looking to expand my friends for New Leaf. My town isn't much right now but maybe we could do a catalog exchange or something sometime. I'm still pretty new, it's my first AC game!

Hope you're all having fun. Add me and PM me if you do!

Adamator

That feeling when someone you want to move says they are going to move, but then they decide to stay at the last minute.

Note to self, never talk to them about ANYTHING EVER after they say they are leaving.

*bashes head into the wall*

(And it's not even the villager themself that's so bad, I just want someone to leave since I'm at max, and now I'll have to wait another week+ before I can go hunting for someone new. >_< )

rpmurphy

I'm looking to expand my friends for New Leaf. My town isn't much right now but maybe we could do a catalog exchange or something sometime. I'm still pretty new, it's my first AC game!

Hope you're all having fun. Add me and PM me if you do!

Adamator

Did you get a new 3DS? I still have your old FC.

Gvaz

Banned
Help:

My friend has high turnip prices but he's in PST and I'm in EST. I have enough to have to make two trips (23,900).

Will my turnips rot if I go back to my town and get more after selling all I got on hand and in my locker?

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Okay so I'm looking for a Blue Falcon. I'd trade it for one of these.

Mario Mushroom
Green Shell
Hero's Shirt

Elija2

Help:

My friend has high turnip prices but he's in PST and I'm in EST. I have enough to have to make two trips (23,900).

Will my turnips rot if I go back to my town and get more after selling all I got on hand and in my locker?

Your turnips will be fine.

SmithnCo

Help:

No, other towns shouldn't affect it.

UberTag

That feeling when someone you want to move says they are going to move, but then they decide to stay at the last minute.

Note to self, never talk to them about ANYTHING EVER after they say they are leaving.

*bashes head into the wall*

(And it's not even the villager themself that's so bad, I just want someone to leave since I'm at max, and now I'll have to wait another week+ before I can go hunting for someone new. >_< )
Yep, that's the trick right there. As soon as the person you want gone tells you they're leaving, you must treat them like they don't exist.
Don't acknowledge them or talk to them about anything. No matter what. If they've told you they're leaving, they're gone unless you talk to them again. So don't fall into that trap.

Silly request time... does anyone have a fully stocked Kicks store that's still open that I can raid? Mine closed an hour earlier than I expected and I'm having an immature complex over not getting to buy shoes and socks today.

Yep, that's the trick right there. As soon as the person you want gone tells you they're leaving, you must treat them like they don't exist.
Don't acknowledge them or talk to them about anything. No matter what. If they've told you they're leaving, they're gone unless you talk to them again. So don't fall into that trap.
That's what I usually do, but one of the villagers that I like wanted me to make a delivery to the one I wanted to move. Just as I approached her, she got all excited and then I got cornered into talking about her moving again and I picked the wrong option. (Which sucks, because the two options provided both can lead to this type of villager staying.)

*sigh*

I just want someone to leave so I can get someone I want.

zroid

Banned
Well, in defense of talking to villagers who are moving out soon, Joey announced his departure a week in advance, and then gave me a bamboo shoot before heading out! :O

And he did ultimately leave. Thankfully. I needed that plot of land.

Wolfe

Don't forget that StreetPassing the same person multiple times gets you goodies as well.

This is specifically what I was telling Irish about, didn't realize it was a multiple streetpass of the same person thing though but that makes sense now. You can get random shit like different balloons, tweeters, bubbles, ice cream cones and pinwheels to name a few (of the stuff I've seen).

Basically if someone in the streetpass area is holding one of these types of items and you talk to them they'll give it to you.

j-wood

I've never played an animal crossing game before but I've seen this getting rave reviews everywhere. Is it really that good? Would pretty much everyone like this game?

Roto13

I want a... a horseshoe crab....

... But it only appears late at night, when I don't want to be diving...

... uwah....

EDIT: Ha ha ha ha ha, next thing I caught, at the stroke of midnight. Posting that you can't find something is the best strategy for finding it.

zroid

Banned
I've never played an animal crossing game before but I've seen this getting rave reviews everywhere. Is it really that good? Would pretty much everyone like this game?

Is it really good? Yes

Will everyone like it? probably not.

While it offers you a number of goals you can accomplish such as earning a high score for your house design, filling up the town museum with fossils and fauna, and paying off your loans, the true meat of the game derives from finding your own fun without necessarily being offered tangible rewards for your efforts.

And, quite often, it will take a lot of effort doing seemingly mundane tasks on a daily basis. It's about doing the work and seeing it pay off and bear fruit... sometimes literally. Animal Crossing also strikes an interesting balance between being a single player affair and being a social game. And it is very social... when and if you want it to be.

New Leaf is my first foray into the series, largely because when the previous games were released, they never seemed like my cup of tea. Maybe I wasn't giving it a chance back then, but it's probably true to an extent. My tastes have changed.

I haven't checked my activity log recently, but if I had to take a guess, probably around 150 hours.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
so I was a bit emotional today as Tangy left. I knew it was coming, but she had her heart set on big adventures. I couldn't keep her here out of selfishness :(

but then today, I received some wonderful news.

THIS MONOBROW FREAK WHO ENDS EVERY SENTENCE WITH "monowow!" IS LEAVING.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS.

1000763_540405896016063_472402463_n.jpg

Chaos17

@ HolyCheck : you can take in game screenshot directly with your 3DS, just press L+R.
Mini guide to upload your picture online > http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/image-share/fr/

It's a game where you can play each day one hour or more but it doesn't need you to play it 8 hours straight since the game won't go faster. It's really like piling up each day your effort. Better than spending time into a facebook game with cash shop.

Though be aware that the game can be summarized as : "little cute debt collector".
Since you will have to gather money to pay what you want, don't worry there're a lot of ways to get money in this game.

Why a lot of people like this game ?
Because you can pretty customize a lot of things (not everything) and set up your town kinda like you want and be friends with whom you want. You've some control on the game, that's why you play a mayor. For example : you will be able to have a lot of free clothes if you don't know how to make one (there's an ingame fearure to make our own pattern) : http://bibidesign.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-27.html

Also if you've any siblings or friends or a lover you can play on the same game. Each of you will be able to play a villager (of course one at a time) which is nice so you can build together your town.

Last things, there're a lot of "secrets" to know about this game because they're no tutorials after the ones Isabelle gave you. So even if you buy the prima guide, you will still discover new things. Like how between 7AM and 2PM the X fish will spawn, etc...

My advice is (if you buy one day this game) build as soon as you can a camp site to filter villagers that you will find "ugly" and allow the others that you like to move in your town. A lot of players are having a hard time to make people they dislike to leave.

I almost forgot something important is the multiplayers which relies first on trading things with others players or just go to play with them on the island some mini games. Though, it's a game that you will be able to play on the long run because each the seasons there're new things to collect and some events to attend.

A game for casual gamers and hardcore gamers who really want to take their time.

Stat!

It's a game where you can play each day one hour or more but it doesn't need you to play it 8 hours stright since the game won't go faster. It's really like piling up each day your effort.

It's something that's hard to get used to I think. If you want something in other games, you usually play 3-4 hours to get it. Here, sometimes, its not really you - its that you need to wait 3-4 real life days.

Right now, I'm kinda stuck. I don't really have anything to do. I'm waiting for my town to reach 10 days so I can expand some shops, collect fossils, etc but I have enough money where hunting bugs isn't important, and I'm not sure what to do.

Anyone up for some tours on Club Tortimer?

Rocwell

Well, in defense of talking to villagers who are moving out soon, Joey announced his departure a week in advance, and then gave me a bamboo shoot before heading out! :O

And he did ultimately leave. Thankfully. I needed that plot of land.
Baabara was supposed to move out of my town about a week ago and I was gonna let her leave because I wanted to build a bridge where her house is but then I caved and asked her to stay because I couldn't let her go without getting her picture first.

And just today she suggested I build the police station. Now I don't think she can ever leave lol

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Baabara was supposed to move out of my town about a week ago and I was gonna let her leave because I wanted to build a bridge where her house is but then I caved and asked her to stay because I couldn't let her go without getting her picture first.

And just today she suggested I build the police station. Now I don't think she can ever leave lol
I like you.

zroid

Banned

;_;

Yeah... I definitely feel bad. I liked Joey too. But got damn his house was in a shitty spot. It was shitty even when he moved in; I had planned to put a PWP there when I started my game, and then he just showed up. :<

Forkball

Do you get HHA house through people you visit on Spotpass? After Reggie I got another guy, and I think it's a GAFfer whose town I went to. If you register your house with the HHA, can it go over to other people?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Do you get HHA house through people you visit on Spotpass? After Reggie I got another guy, and I think it's a GAFfer whose town I went to. If you register your house with the HHA, can it go over to other people?

was it rick? if so he's from nintendo or something

Atlantis

;_;

Yeah... I definitely feel bad. I liked Joey too. But got damn his house was in a shitty spot. It was shitty even when he moved in; I had planned to put a PWP there when I started my game, and then he just showed up. :<

I feel like if I try and get Twiggy to leave, the new villager will just pick a worse spot. :( I've got Pecan already and Bunnie arriving tomorrow though, I could use some different personalities.

Peppy villagers don't seem very different than Snooty.

Does anyone have these fruits?

Persimmons
Apples
Peaches
Coconuts

I have

Pears
Oranges
Cherries
Durians
Mangos
Lemons
Lychees
Bananas

0044-3867-2933

I want a... a horseshoe crab....

... But it only appears late at night, when I don't want to be diving...

... uwah....

EDIT: Ha ha ha ha ha, next thing I caught, at the stroke of midnight. Posting that you can't find something is the best strategy for finding it.

This happened to me complaining to a friend last week that I wasn't finding a coelacanth and then I caught one maybe two minutes later.

zerotol

Banned
I just tried to make a pattern of the carpet from the movie The Shining because I wanted it in my house. I wanted something like this

iRV7ZQm.jpg

It didn't turn out very good though because I'm terrible at making patterns.

~ZIO~

Neo Member
I feel somewhat bad for making most of my designs myself considering all the developers have stuffed into this game.

I do wish, though, that they would allow me to, like, design the entirety of a wall instead of in tiles as well as design pants.

That would've been nice.

Oh, and allowed for transparency. I say that because I wanted to split my shirt . . .

Nothing against the game, though. I am enjoying the game. Just small inconveniences for a creator like me.

Elija2

ty :) already knew, but a good guide for the new comers anyway!

i just wanted to include the bottom screen response lol. so blunt.,

As funny as it is, it seems a bit too harsh. If I wanted to let someone I like move away, I wouldn't say "Who are you?" But maybe the game changes your responses based on the friendship you have with the villager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom