• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

kubus

Modern wood chair anyone? Just need to catalog it. I wouldn't mind waiting for you to order one though if you've got it in your catalog.

I'll dump a whole heap of Nintendo products for it.
I have a Modern Wood Chair. It's actually the only modern wood thing I have :p.

You can catalog it! If you have apples or bananas, those are the only fruit I still need. My FC is in my profile :). Already added you.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how do you delete people from your friends list? Mine is full now and I want to remove a bunch of 'pending' people that havne't added me but I can't seem to

edit: ok, found it

You should follow [thread=595431]this thread[/thread] and sell in someone else's town.

I know I should, really, but the fun of turnips for me is the gambling. There's literally no risk if you're selling in others' towns because there will ALWAYS be a good price somewhere on GAF. It's just free money, and it takes all the risk/reward fun out of turnip trading.

I might have to reverse this stance if Reese doesn't pick her game up soon, though :lol

GuitarAnthony

Neo Member
I know I should, really, but the fun of turnips for me is the gambling. There's literally no risk if you're selling in others' towns because there will ALWAYS be a good price somewhere on GAF. It's just free money, and it takes all the risk/reward fun out of turnip trading.

I might have to reverse this stance if Reese doesn't pick her game up soon, though :lol

I thought this as well but if the option is there best to jump on it. I figure if it's allowed, it's free game.

Thought I'd extend the offer of a silver fishing rod today to anyone that needs it.

Send a PM since I'll be in-game gathering fossils at the moment.

Chopper

Good start to the day again today! Bumped into Phineas, who proceeded to give me about 8 badges! Police station opened, so I have Booker in my town, who is badass. Club LOL opened, so I can go get emotional and dance til the early hours. Shampoodle appears to be being built, which is astonishing considering how little I spend with the Ables.

But only one hybrid today, which is a little weird. And today's guest is... Pete! Again! Joy...

MicH

Good start to the day again today! Bumped into Phineas, who proceeded to give me about 8 badges! Police station opened, so I have Booker in my town, who is badass. Club LOL opened, so I can go get emotional and dance til the early hours. Shampoodle appears to be being built, which is astonishing considering how little I spend with the Ables.

But only one hybrid today though, which is a little weird. And today's guest is... Pete! Again! Joy...
I have had Pete for the last three days. What is going on? Come on, Redd!

Mistle

As permanent as Two Pints on BBC3. Luckily you can nick fruit and flowers from the tour games and just replant them.

Not on your own island no. :/ You gotta replant the trees yourself

hahaha well damn. luckily it's all replantable though
KuGsj.gif

In other news, I just started laying down a path. Gotta make a second character and get the QR machine so I can have some other decorations too.
Also have to keep buying axes...

GuitarAnthony

Neo Member

But only one hybrid today, which is a little weird. And today's guest is... Pete! Again! Joy...

I don't have the police station yet and I've got a new citizen coming and I hope her new house location doesn't kill my new fruit from other towns orchard. Plus, I've yet to see this Gracie yet and the Nook Megalomart can't be built until she approves my fashion sense 4 times! Best to drop the CM Punk wrestling t-shirt soon, I think. :)

Chopper

I don't have the police station yet and I've got a new citizen coming and I hope her new house location doesn't kill my new fruit from other towns orchard. Plus, I've yet to see this Gracie yet and the Nook Megalomart can't be built until she approves my fashion sense 4 times! Best to drop the CM Punk wrestling t-shirt soon, I think. :)
She'll love it!

BEST IN THE WOOOOOOOORLD!!

Edit: You got a QR code for that?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Pete is a special guest in town? I just thought he hung around in the mornings. No wonder I don't see anyone else on my plaza.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I should have one, according to my notes. Will confirm it ingame and PM you if you're interested.

Sounds good. I just did my rounds and have...

Ptera left wing X2
Apato Skull
Amber

You are welcome to all 4 in exchange for the Archelon Torso.

zroid

Banned
Having more than 1 new fossil of my daily 4 is a rarity nowadays, so when I saw there were two today, I was pretty excited.

Then upon closer inspection I realized they were both ankylo torsos

Koren

Sounds good. I just did my rounds and have...

Ptera left wing X2
Apato Skull
Amber

You are welcome to all 4 in exchange for the Archelon Torso.
I sent you a PM. I have all of them (including spares for some), and the friend I visit on a regular basis also don't need them, so don't bother.

But you can come to pick the fossil...

I need to find a way to force some Public requests I found myself building a Modern Streetlight because I had nothing better to do I don't want to build a stupid water well it looks dumb for what my town theme will be

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I need to find a way to force some Public requests I found myself building a Modern Streetlight because I had nothing better to do I don't want to build a stupid water well it looks dumb for what my town theme will be

Yeah, same here. I build a new project every day and yet my villagers still complain that we need more. Damn, just request some already!

Tnetennba

This is the 2nd day in a row I've gotten a Fi mask, on top on the one I already had. I feel like Nintendo's trying to agonisingly torture me or something, because wearing it makes me want to punch my own face off.

New page, new pictures.

lHgqVNw.jpg

Isabelle is overly eager to unveil the new fire hydrant. Understandably so considering she's a dog, though. But, she could have at least waited until someone woke up.

b7XgtDQ.jpg

Why are the jocks so AWESOME in this game?

kSoJ4NH.jpg

I think I'm a little too hyped over getting a water bird. I mean, the "debt paid" jingle and dance for bumming something off one of your neighbors?

e7CQwUl.jpg

No, it isn't. Let me into the town to sell my turnips! And what's with that smug look, you lying son of a...

RMaPztB.jpg

Showing off my Monkey D. Luffy costume!

QePZ6Xi.jpg

Eo5VDWt.jpg

jfCwl9i.jpg

When did Pete become such a sell-out? This sounds like something you'd see in a commercial.

23iEDZH.jpg

People were donating songs during the turnip selling going on yesterday for future sellers to catalog. In total, I think I got almost 30 songs! Fantastic job, guys!

Anyways, I'm not quite done yet. There's still one more set of pictures to upload. One that will tell the tale of a dark presence within the town... one that should soon be vanquished. You guys hopefully know what I'm talking about.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
This is the 2nd day in a row I've gotten a Fi mask, on top on the one I already had. I feel like Nintendo's trying to agonisingly torture me or something, because wearing it makes me want to punch my own face off.

Can I have them? I won't wear it, I want to put them on display. I can offer bells.

mattchuuu

Neo Member
Has anyone else who bought the game at launch not had Crazy Redd come to their town yet? Almost 4 weeks and he hasn't shown up. I have over 150 donations to the museum, but no upgrading or cafe since I have no art. The fortune teller has shown up 3 times.

It's been raining almost every day for the past 9 days or so, and neither has showed up in that time. Maybe weather affects it? At first I just decided his visits are a bit random and I'm just really unlucky.. now I'm wondering if there is some kind of glitch going on...

love it.

im strugging to find a bed that cyrus lets me design the sheets for :( he only ever asks me what colour i want the posts

List of Customizable Furniture: http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/list-of-custom-furniture/

You're looking for ones that mention design in the far right column.

Same.

Also where is the bulletin about 4th of July festivities?

There aren't any because there isn't a US-only version of the game. Hence no Canada Day celebrations this week either. We share our NA localization with our neighbors.

Has anyone else who bought the game at launch not had Crazy Redd come to their town yet? Almost 4 weeks and he hasn't shown up. I have over 150 donations to the museum, but no upgrading or cafe since I have no art. The fortune teller has shown up 3 times.

It's been raining almost every day for the past 9 days or so, and neither has showed up in that time. Maybe weather affects it? At first I just decided his visits are a bit random and I'm just really unlucky.. now I'm wondering if there is some kind of glitch going on...

The rain doesn't affect it. Redd visited my town in the rain. No glitch either. Just a bit of bad luck. I've been playing since the US launch and he's only come once. He'll show up. In the meantime, sometimes villagers will give/sell you art. And occasionally people here will advertise that Redd is in their town and you can visit them.

A helpful guide for people who have a lazy villager camping out in their campsite (obtained from Valtero at GameFAQs):

So, think you're making lots of bells catching beetles, huh? Cool, cool. But what if I told you that you coulda sold that last gold stag for over 50,000 bells? Or that horned atlas for over 30,000? And what if I told you that you could sell it at that price all night long, after all the stores have closed?

Get yourself a campsite if you don't have one. All campers offer to sell furniture or buy items, but only the lazy type is GUARANTEED to buy for over 4x the normal price. When a camper with the "lazy" personality type shows up, it's time to rake in the bells.

Load up on palm-tree beetles, sharks, and whatever other super-expensive fish or bugs you can find. Leave behind any tools you have unless they're gold or silver, and leave behind clothes/accessories/anything else. Campers will only play games if you have 1 free inventory space and at least 5,000 bells, so check to make sure you're okay on inventory and bells before you head to the campsite.

Talk to the lazy camper over and over again, until he offers to buy one of your expensive bugs/fish with a game called "What Do I Want to Eat?"

He'll start with a clue regarding the color of fruit he wants to eat. Depending on the clue, you'll get 4 choices.
"The color of the fruit I want to eat is not red."
Apple (it's never this, obviously)
Banana (don't pick this yet)
Orange (pick this)
Pear (or this)

If you're lucky, you'll win right away, and he'll buy your bug/fish for an insanely high price. If you're not lucky, don't worry. Next clue.

"If I described the shape of the fruit, I would say it's long/round."
Apple (never pick this)
Banana (long)
Orange (round)
Pear (round)

Since you picked pear or orange in the first round, there should only be one correct answer left.

Alternatively:
"The color of the fruit I want to eat is reddish."
Cherry (pick this)
Peach (don't pick this yet)
Strawberry (or pick this)
Grape (never pick this)

"If I described the shape of the fruit, I would say it's bite-sized/round.
Cherry (bite-sized)
Peach (round)
Strawberry (bite-sized)
Grape (never pick this)

Since you picked cherry or strawberry in the first round, again, there's only one correct answer left.

And you win. EVERY TIME. There's no way to fail on this. They pay at least 4x what it's normally worth. That means, with just a little extra work, you can quadruple your island farming profit. Less trips to the island, more money for your bank.

All campers can potentially buy your items for 4x the value, but only "lazy" types have a 100% success rate.

Stat!

I've had 20 items donated, four categories have items in it for a few days, but yet Blathers hasn't asked me to
build the museum shop/second floor
. What do I need to do? Wait?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I've had 20 items donated, four categories have items in it for a few days, but yet Blathers hasn't asked me to
build the museum shop/second floor
. What do I need to do? Wait?

Talk to him every day. Eventually he'll recommend it.

Stat!

You need to wait fourteen days from the start of the game as well.

Ahh damn. Another week then for me.

Also, why do I have the world's worst villagers? Elmer, Angus, Willow, Diva, Curlos, Chops. And I piss Angus off all the time, and he still stays. I use my net/push him around, and he still stays. I can't light fire to his house right?

Also, why do I have the world's worst villagers? Elmer, Angus, Willow, Diva, Curlos, Chops. And I piss Angus off all the time, and he still stays. I use my net/push him around, and he still stays. I can't light fire to his house right?

Per Liquefy's guide on gamefaqs:
To annoy villagers (reduce friendship):

1) Push them around for five seconds (or until they get angry).
2) Hit them three times with the Blip Blop Hammer.
3) Accept their request, then fail or refuse to fulfill it.
4) Give them garbage as a present on their birthday.
5) When they ask for "delicious" fruit, give them "worm-eaten" fruit instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom