• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfe

That looks like a cow to me... But we don't have this brand in my country so maybe I'm missing the joke?

It's not so much the cow but that at some point parts of horses were used to make glue (or something like that, I'm not familiar enough with the subject.)

Finally saw my first scorpion but I whiffed and he fucked me up! Rage! The hunt continues...

Khaz

Glue used to be made from horses. Elmer's is a well known brand in North America.

It's a regional joke with a historical lean.

It's not so much the cow but that at some point parts of horses were used to make glue (or something like that, I'm not familiar enough with the subject.)

Finally saw my first scorpion but I whiffed and he fucked me up! Rage! The hunt continues...

Oh I didn't know that, in europe, "natural" glue is traditionally said to be made from fish.

MicH

I needed two fossils to complete the collection. This morning I dug up one of the two. How incredibly lucky is that?

Only the Diplo tail remains

IrishNinja

first new campsite visitor was hamphrey, an unpleasant hamster thing...told him to keep it movin', Linius-style

oh yeah if anyone has any freaky looking Gyroid QR codes lemme know! working on an exhibit of the dead for the expanded museum. also being able to order furniture from streetpass houses...brilliant

Woo, finally unlocked the QR machine. And something is being built next to the Able Sisters, wonder what it is? Kicks right?

And I saw this on another forum:

2503490-theblueoyster8osdx.png

Koren

oh yeah if anyone has any freaky looking Gyroid QR codes
There's QR codes for Gyroids? (I don't even have the QR machine, I must say...)

also being able to order furniture from streetpass houses...brilliant
When you're getting streetpass hits, sure. I've yet to get a single one, and I visited the whole city with my DS.

I probably should have visited Japan Expo ^_^ (a really big japanese-culture exhibition currently in Paris, I was filling my slots each two-three hours during the one that just followed the DS release here)

Damn. What am I doing wrong for not getting it? I especially want something to display my varia suit. And it even seems that they're expanding the Able Sisters here...
You have to talk to Sable everyday. If you miss a day, you start at the beginning.

Wolfe

Damn. What am I doing wrong for not getting it? I especially want something to display my varia suit. And it even seems that they're expanding the Able Sisters here...

You have to talk to Sable, a certain number of consecutive days in a row from what I understand. She will talk to you more and more as the days pass until one day the machine is there.

Also the ocean fish exhibit is by far my favorite part of the museum.

Sordid

I needed two fossils to complete the collection. This morning I dug up one of the two. How incredibly lucky is that?

Only the Diplo tail remains

I have a Diplo Tail if you want it? I don't mind giving it away for nothing but if you have dupes of any of the fossils I need a trade would be awesome!

Dino Droppings
Ankylo Tail
Archelon Torso
Pachy Tail
Ptera Body
Tricera Skull

Koren

Damn, I have the crown available to buy. For 1.44 million. With the 1 million I made from turnips thanks to Colinp and my savings, I could probably buy it (and probably be left without a single bell after).

How rare is it? Should I care now if I want to own one later?

If someone is interested, I can buy it to the Able sisters shop and resell it for, say, 1.1 million (which should be the 'normal price', without the 'prices increase effect', minus ~10%).

Koren

You have to talk to Sable everyday. If you miss a day, you start at the beginning.

You have to talk to Sable, a certain number of consecutive days in a row from what I understand. She will talk to you more and more as the days pass until one day the machine is there.

Have you been talking to Sable every single day?
Oh, I see, many thanks. I missed the "consecutive" part.

colinp

Banned
Damn, I have the crown available to buy. For 1.44 million. With the 1 million I made from turnips thanks to Colinp and my savings, I could probably buy it (and probably be left without a single bell after).

If someone is interested, I can buy it to the Able sisters shop and resell it for, say, 1.1 million (which should be the 'normal price', without the 'prices increase effect', minus ~10%).

Oh man, I *almost* want to use some of the $ I got from tips to buy the thing, ahahahha.

one_kill

Looking to complete my robo set. Just need the chair, sofa, and closet.

Also looking for Metroids. I have the following to trade:
- Midna's mask
- Toad's hat
- Samus mask
- Fire flower
- Kart
- Yellow Pikmin
- Wario hat
- Varia Suit pants
- Varia Suit
- Yoshi's egg

So guys, I goofed and didn't take advantage of selling my turnips in my town for a semi decent profit. Anyone got a turnip price above 95 that would be willing to let me sell them in their town?

Eiher way, let me know. I don't really fancy selling them for half of what I paid...

Wolfe

Sure I'd be down to snag that from ya if you don't want it, FC is in my profile I can jump into your town after you add me.

MicH

I have a Diplo Tail if you want it? I don't mind giving it away for nothing but if you have dupes of any of the fossils I need a trade would be awesome!

Dino Droppings
Ankylo Tail
Archelon Torso
Pachy Tail
Ptera Body
Tricera Skull
Thanks for the offer, however I'm on my way to my parents' house for the weekend so I won't be able to go online with my 3DS until Monday. If you still have it by then I would love to trade vi have a few duplicates still

colinp

Banned
So guys, I goofed and didn't take advantage of selling my turnips in my town for a semi decent profit. Anyone got a turnip price above 95 that would be willing to let me sell them in their town?

Eiher way, let me know. I don't really fancy selling them for half of what I paid...

I'm at 644 if you can be patient I'll let you come over.

My FC is 2294-4298-0966.

What's yours?

Tiu Neo

Elmer.
200px-Elmer.png

His favorite piece of furniture is a giant icecream cone and his dream is to jump into a pool full of kefir. So endearing.

Oh, Elmer, he's my favorite too!

Once he went to my house and said it needed more green curry posters.

Sordid

Thanks for the offer, however I'm on my way to my parents' house for the weekend so I won't be able to go online with my 3DS until Monday. If you still have it by then I would love to trade vi have a few duplicates still

No worries, I'll keep a hold of it for you. It's been in my locker for ages so a few more days won't hurt!

Kid Cat

is my favourite villager so far, always gives me gifts and public works suggestions. My least favourite is T-Bone but luckily he's leaving on the 10th \o/

Anyone know if I can rebuy the underwater floor (museum exclusive) from the catalogue if I ever change my mind?

Yes.

Two things:

1. It's Mott the lion's birthday in my town this coming sunday (Jones in Spanish, I suppose that's another hidden dirty joke). What's a good present for him?
http://nookipedia.com/wiki/Mott
100px-Mott.jpg

According to the guide, Mott likes iconic clothing. Thonky has a list of clothing by theme if you can find something in the iconic category to give to him. (http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/gracie-fashion-check/)

IrishNinja

There's QR codes for Gyroids? (I don't even have the QR machine, I must say...)

not so much, i just meant for a design for one, like you'd see on a shirt - my bad if i wasnt clear

When you're getting streetpass hits, sure. I've yet to get a single one, and I visited the whole city with my DS.

true - ive had about 6 so far from an arcade visit, big convention later today too!

Mekere

Hmm, is it me or you can't order furniture that has been modified by Cyrus in streetpass houses?

I just had one with the whole exotic furniture, modified to be red and black, and none of the items can be ordered. :/

Hugstable

Banned
Anyone have a spare Hero's Tunic for trade? Only Hero piece I'm still missing and I will trade my Arwing, Fi Mask, and Triple Red Shells for it. I don't have much in terms of items yet but I can also throw some bells on top of it :D.

Hopefully Redd comes to my town today. Still have no real art in the museum and I want that shop. That shifty little fox sold me a fake last time lol.

aechris

My box is starting to seriously fill up with extra stuff. Anyone want to do a traaaade? I am also totally cool with cataloging what you have that I am looking for instead of just straight out taking it. Let me know if you're interested!

Looking for:
Alpine wall, rug, sofa, chair, dresser, lamp, panel, shelf, large alpine table, kitchen cart
Blue wall, flooring, bed, bureau, table, bookcase, dresser, wall shelf
Cabin wall, dresser, chair, armchair, table, low table, bookcase, clock, wall clock
Green rug, bed, dresser, wardrobe, chair, bench, table, desk, lamp, counter, wall clock
Modern Wood wall, flooring, bed, sofa, chair, chest, closet, clock, lamp, stool, table
Ranch wall, bed, dresser, armchair, table, bookcase, hutch

Offering:
ankylo torso
apato skull*
amber*
archaeopteryx
archelon skull*
archelon torso
dimetrodon skull
dinosaur track
dinosaur egg
diplo neck
diplo chest
icthyo torso
iguanodon tail
iguanodon torso
parasaur tail
parasaur torso
parasaur skull
plesio neck
plesio skull
ptera skull
ptera right wing
mammoth torso
mammoth skull
megacero skull
megacero tail*
sabertooth skull
sabertooth torso*
shark tooth
spino torso*
spino tail
spino torso
stego tail
styraco skull*
styraco tail
styraco torso

Modern set

chain-link fence
tropical vista

snail clock
stag-beetle chair
ladybug chair

beach chair

Fi Mask
Fire Flower
Coin
Varia Suit
big bro's mustache
Midna's Mask
red Pikmin hat
yellow Pikmin hat

4768-7442-2861

Hmm, is it me or you can't order furniture that has been modified by Cyrus in streetpass houses?

I just had one with the whole exotic furniture, modified to be red and black, and none of the items can be ordered. :/
Yeah, anything modified by Cyrus can't be ordered from my understanding. Kind of annoying. I get them not letting you order the modified version, but you should have the option to buy the source furniture. =/

Philia

Ok AC GAF, I'm in need of help.

For the past 4 days I've had a load of lillies and violets lined up in different patterns to try and get some hybrids, but I've had absolutely nothing. Every day I seem to get an extra red tulip, yellow tulip and yellow pansy pop up next to the lines of them I have in town - but nothing else. I've got the beautiful town ordinance in effect and the only flowers I water each day are the ones I want to get hybrids from and my current hybrids, all the junky flowers are in a huge dumping ground. I've tried both doing long horizontal lines and diagonally touching.

What am I doing wrong?

They're just rare to spawn. Let me post a list of what I feel in my humble opinion of rarity of hybrids... common to very obnoxious rare.

1. Orange Pansy... I grew to HATE them. They're the most common hybrid and easy to get.
2. Orange Cosmo
3. Pink Cosmo - Both above and this one are from a common flower, I call them the shit flowers of the flower tier list lol. Lief seems to LOVE selling them, and you get stray spawns of these more often, and their generic spawns more often. :\
4. Orange Tulip
5. Pink Tulip
6. Orange Rose
7. Pink Rose - This and three above are somewhat uncommon but not that hard to get.
8. Orange Lily
9. Pink Lily - Some gardeners get these two easily while some others don't for days.
10. Purple Rose - A lot of people miss out on the White X White pairing because the other flowers' white don't contribute anything but to pink with the reds. So this one is somewhat obscure for that reason. Thankfully white roses aren't that scarce to get, even so, they are an uncommon spawn.
11. Jacob's Ladder - Easy enough... just follow the perfect town guidelines with a enough trees and public work projects.

Now the next ten are obnoxious rare.

1. Black Cosmo - RedxRed, I've seen this in a few others' towns but I don't have one myself yet.
2. Black Tulip - Next to second common type of flower after Cosmos.
3. Black Lily - RedxRed, rare but not that unheard of. I've seen this in a few towns.
4. Black Rose - With enough reds, you can easily get this early on.
5. Blue Pansy - Somewhat hard to get despite of the sheer numbers of white pansies for this.
6. Blue Violet - Rare but not that unheard of. I got two myself. Most common rookie mistake is that the yellow violets themselves don't contribute to the hybrids. Its the PurplexWhite.
7. Carnations - You only get these from Mother & Father days letters. Rare for that reason. I'm currently breeding a bunch of them for mass distribution when Mother's day rolls around. The RedxPink will make a White.
8. Purple Pansy - Again, wtf factor here. RedxRed combo apparently produces this but I've NEVER seen one.
9. Purple Tulip - OrangexOrange apparently... never seen one yet.
10. Blue Rose - OrangexPurple's Red spawns in a pair together will make this. So its this obnoxious planning that made this flower rare.
11. Gold Rose - Wilting black roses isn't that hard... just obnoxious in taking time to get that gold watering can in 15 days straight of perfect town.

With that said... that's the order of the draw. If you have your junky flowers set up closely, they'll spawn the ones you'll get that day. So, you may want to avoid that.

Mekere

6. Carnations - You only get these from Mother & Father days letters. Rare for that reason. I'm currently breeding a bunch of them for mass distribution when Mother's day rolls around. The RedxPink will make a White.

That's something I don't get. I never had any carnation for Father day but I streetpassed some people from the same country as me that had some. Why? :'(

Philia

That's something I don't get. I never had any carnation for Father day but I streetpassed some people from the same country as me that had some. Why? :'(

Aw! I'll give you two carnations. :) I could always have another partner in breeding carnations. :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think I'm going to have to do another re-arrangement of my flowers and basically start from scratch when it comes to breeding. Can you force certain flowers not to breed by surrounding them with tiles?

Is there another way to make good money other than the island? I'm getting really tired of running back and forth and catching bugs...

I've never played Animal Crossing before so maybe there's something else and I'm missing it. I'm already trying to sell turnips but you can only buy those once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom