• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animekatt

Aw! I'll give you two carnations. :) I could always have another partner in breeding carnations. :)

Philia! Add my new fc (in my profile)

I gave my bf my carnation, so we can start breeding more. I've seen Zigg and others say that planting flowers on the beach is better for hybrids, since the villagers are more likely not to mess up the flow. Do you have any thoughts on this?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
6. Blue Violet - Rare but not that unheard of. I got two myself. Most common rookie mistake is that the purple violets themselves don't contribute to the hybrids. Its the YellowxWhite.
Are you sure about this? I've read it is purple+white.

Philia

I think I'm going to have to do another re-arrangement of my flowers and basically start from scratch when it comes to breeding. Can you force certain flowers not to breed by surrounding them with tiles?

Yep. Tiles will prevent breeding. I recommend this for the shit tier flowers and junky ones packed in. Same goes for invasive plant, Bamboo.

colinp

Banned
Is there another way to make good money other than the island? I'm getting really tired of running back and forth and catching bugs...

I've never played Animal Crossing before so maybe there's something else and I'm missing it. I'm already trying to sell turnips but you can only buy those once a week.

Check those turnip prices! If you get high enough invite people and rake in the tips! I haven't finished my first week with the game and I've just become a multi millionaire. I only unlocked the island yesterday!

one_kill

Is there another way to make good money other than the island? I'm getting really tired of running back and forth and catching bugs...

I've never played Animal Crossing before so maybe there's something else and I'm missing it. I'm already trying to sell turnips but you can only buy those once a week.
- Earn money by selling stags and beetles that you caught in the island
- Use money to buy a bucketload of turnips
- Follow the Turnip OT and regularly check for turnip prices
- Profit!

Dragnet

Okay duders!

I seem to have got lucky after a really shitty turnip price week, they've just hit 490!

So if anyone wants in on this hot action, add me I guess! FC: 2938-6479-9103

Tips aren't required but they are appreciated! Or cool gifts :) I've got a shit ton of fruit up for grabs too if anyone fancies anything.

Not entirely sure how this works, do I need to add others too or can you visit just knowing my code if my gates are open?

one_kill

Okay duders!

I seem to have got lucky after a really shitty turnip price week, they've just hit 490!

So if anyone wants in on this hot action, add me I guess! FC: 2938-6479-9103

Tips aren't required but they are appreciated! Or cool gifts :) I've got a shit ton of fruit up for grabs too if anyone fancies anything.

Not entirely sure how this works, do I need to add others too or can you visit just knowing my code if my gates are open?
You need to add their FC

9. Pink Lily - Some gardeners get these two easily while some others don't for days.
6. Blue Violet - Rare but not that unheard of. I got two myself. Most common rookie mistake is that the purple violets themselves don't contribute to the hybrids. Its the YellowxWhite.

With that said... that's the order of the draw. If you have your junky flowers set up closely, they'll spawn the ones you'll get that day. So, you may want to avoid that.

Thanks a lot for that list, that was a big help. Pink lilies and blue violets are what I'm trying to go for, and as you mentioned I have purple/white set up for the blue violets since that is what all the guides online were saying. And yeah, I've got at least a hundred or so junk flowers piled in the corner of my town. Guess it'd probably be best to clear all those out.

One final question though, say if want to keep a certain load of flowers for now but don't want any daily flower spawns to come from them, can I segment them off in one area and then surround them with patterns so there isn't any room for new ones to spawn?

Edit: Just saw your edit about the blue violets. So basically I do have things set up correctly, it's just the rarity coupled with all my other junk flowers that are fouling things up.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah, anything modified by Cyrus can't be ordered from my understanding. Kind of annoying. I get them not letting you order the modified version, but you should have the option to buy the source furniture. =/

shouldn't you automatically be able to order the source furniture because you would have held it to give it to cyrus?

or do you mean if someone gives it to you already modded?

FillerB

My box is starting to seriously fill up with extra stuff. Anyone want to do a traaaade? I am also totally cool with cataloging what you have that I am looking for instead of just straight out taking it. Let me know if you're interested!

Looking for:
Alpine wall, rug, sofa, chair, dresser, lamp, panel, shelf, large alpine table, kitchen cart
Blue wall, flooring, bed, bureau, table, bookcase, dresser, wall shelf
Cabin wall, dresser, chair, armchair, table, low table, bookcase, clock, wall clock
Green rug, bed, dresser, wardrobe, chair, bench, table, desk, lamp, counter, wall clock
Modern Wood wall, flooring, bed, sofa, chair, chest, closet, clock, lamp, stool, table
Ranch wall, bed, dresser, armchair, table, bookcase, hutch

I can order:
Alphine chair
Cabin clock
Green bench, counter, desk, lamp, wardrobe, wall clock
Modern wood chair, closet, wall

Need to check which fossils I'll still need.

Philia

Philia! Add my new fc (in my profile)

I gave my bf my carnation, so we can start breeding more. I've seen Zigg and others say that planting flowers on the beach is better for hybrids, since the villagers are more likely not to mess up the flow. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Sure, beach is fine. I just don't see how a new spawn of flower can GROW ON A BEACH. But the concern about the neighbors implanting their shit isn't going unnoticed for sure and it is a huge concern.

I need to test this beach spawns with junky flowers (cosmos). Trouble is, villagers will go on the beach for sure. So its best to pick that isolated beach (if you're lucky enough to have one that's accessible by swimming to it) or a strip of beach/land that's far from a neighbor's house.

MicH

Thank you so much for your help yesterday, Philia. I got a bunch of hybrids today

Pink cosmos
Orange cosmos
Black tulip (first!)

And the orange x purple bed yielded a red rose :D thank you!

Also got another Jacob's Ladder

Philia

One final question though, say if want to keep a certain load of flowers for now but don't want any daily flower spawns to come from them, can I segment them off in one area and then surround them with patterns so there isn't any room for new ones to spawn?

Edit: Just saw your edit about the blue violets. So basically I do have things set up correctly, it's just the rarity coupled with all my other junk flowers that are fouling things up.

Yep. Use the tiles to block more spawns.

Thank you so much for your help yesterday, Philia. I got a bunch of hybrids today

Pink cosmos
Orange cosmos
Black tulip (first!)

And the orange x purple bed yielded a red rose :D thank you!

Also got another Jacob's Ladder

:3 Glad to help!

GAMERG0D

The No. 1 Shirt is already in the game:
O1RyMgv.png
tumblr_mpgqvvS6eo1r6dqneo1_400.jpg

Not the same. :/

shouldn't you automatically be able to order the source furniture because you would have held it to give it to cyrus?

or do you mean if someone gives it to you already modded?
Talking about trying to order modified furniture from a SteetPass house in the HHA Showcase.

Check those turnip prices! If you get high enough invite people and rake in the tips! I haven't finished my first week with the game and I've just become a multi millionaire. I only unlocked the island yesterday!

- Earn money by selling stags and beetles that you caught in the island
- Use money to buy a bucketload of turnips
- Follow the Turnip OT and regularly check for turnip prices
- Profit!

Ok, I'll read up on the turnip thing.

I can only invite friends that also play the game right? I don't think any of my friends play AC...

colinp

Banned

I can only invite friends that also play the game right? I don't think any of my friends play AC...

I posted here, in the turnip thread and gamefaqs. Add three new friends, open the gates let them do their dance, close the gates and add three more... Takes time but its pretty fun, too!

He means invite people to sell turnips in your town when you have a high price at Re-Tail. It's customary around here to leave a tip in that case. So if someone makes a million bells selling their turnips in your town, they could leave you 100k as thanks.

Roto13

Alright, which one of your Koholints (because there are like three people with towns named that on my friend list) infected me with Coach? I don't need a third Jock villager, tyvm.
He means invite people to sell turnips in your town when you have a high price at Re-Tail. It's customary around here to leave a tip in that case. So if someone makes a million bells selling their turnips in your town, they could leave you 100k as thanks.

But it's tacky when people demand commission. :p

Before I trample all these flowers into oblivion, does anyone want to pop over to my town and take them? Mostly yellows, probably nothing much of interest but I'd rather someone make use of them then destroying them all. I've segmented off everything I want to keep.

ePOwfi2.jpg

colinp

Banned
Alright, which one of your Koholints (because there are like three people with towns named that on my friend list) infected me with Coach? I don't need a third Jock villager, tyvm.

But it's tacky when people demand commission. :p

Nah, I have better things to do than spend half an hour while you unload all your turnips. People pounce on these prices... If I wasn't getting some recompense I wouldn't bother.

one_kill

Before I trample all these flowers into oblivion, does anyone want to pop over to my town and take them? Mostly yellows, probably nothing much of interest but I'd rather someone make use of them then destroying them all. I've segmented off everything I want to keep.

ePOwfi2.jpg
Yes! I've replanted all my flowers to try and fix dirt patches, but I need more!

Philia

ePOwfi2.jpg

I said god damn, you need serious help. Let me come over. Pming you my FC. I hate to see those flowers go to waste!

GAMERG0D

Okay, I seriously need to get rid of these as they are taking up space. Just send me a PM if you can trade.

Going to set up a large trade later, got good stuff for now. Thanks everyone.

Yes! I've replanted all my flowers to try and fix dirt patches, but I need more!

I said god damn, you need serious help. Let me come over. Pming you my FC. I hate to see those flowers go to waste!

Buying Leif's flowers every day plus the beautiful town ordinance means I get tons of junk flowers per day. I'll open up my gates in a moment, pardon the messy town as it is mostly still under construction.

MicH

Buying Leif's flowers every day plus the beautiful town ordinance means I get tons of junk flowers per day. I'll open up my gates in a moment, pardon the messy town as it is mostly still under construction.
This is my situation with tulips. I keep getting so many each day only becausey villagers LOVE to plant tulips. It's insane. They are seriously taking over my town. Damn tulips

Roto13

Nah, I have better things to do than spend half an hour while you unload all your turnips. People pounce on these prices... If I wasn't getting some recompense I wouldn't bother.

People will leave you money and gifts because that's what they do because Animal Crossing GAF is a good community. Demanding it is cheesy.

Pikma

Banned
Highlights from yesterday (Day 5)
My shithole (work in progress)
iluyxFQIh5OC8.JPG

Why am I happy? I paid my debt to get a fucking deeper one. :(
ib1YaUgJcjPQtM.JPG

Cyrano's growing on me
iX1q785S8G2Da.JPG

But-but Gordon! what are you doing?!
ibwsU5BkqfFacw.JPG

New in town!
if2Gv1JDHBpmr.JPG

What are you trying to tell me? that the Police station is near?
iKa9Dxm0hFhFy.JPG

<3

I'm going to start getting blue roses next week or real soon if all goes well. I recently got the last orange rose that I needed for my basic arrangement.

O=O=O
=P=P=
O=O=O
=P=P=

Key: O=Orange Rose, P=Purple Rose, equal sign=space

I already have one "special" red rose but now I'll get more, huhuhu.

PS. Grass deterioration is a motherfucker. I have not been running in my town yet a new patch of brown developed. :/

Hugstable

Banned
People will leave you money and gifts because that's what they do because Animal Crossing GAF is a good community. Demanding it is cheesy.

True that. Everyone I've met online from GAF so far has been really awesome. This game and this community is what really got me into finally posting a lot more on GAF.

colinp

Banned

That's true, demanding it is cheesy. I didn't have any trouble with GAF, I guess it's just gamefaqs crowd so what do you expect.

Roto13

That's true, demanding it is cheesy. I didn't have any trouble with GAF, I guess it's just gamefaqs crowd so what do you expect.

I haven't had any dealings with the GameFAQs Animal Crossing community, but... yeah, probably. There's a reason I haven't been a member there since I was in high school.

zroid

Banned
I've amended my post! :D

Anyway, I'd like to offer my gardening services to anyone who needs it badly! :3

You know what, I retract my earlier statement. I got another blue violet this morning which definitely spawned from yellow and purple violets. Seems like either combination works.

Koren

How do you go about burying a time capsule? It's in my letters.
Same as a tree: dig a hole, and put it in it.

If it's for a villager, remember where it is. The mark will disappear (you won't be able to dig it by mistake), and should appear again when the villager ask for it.

one_kill

Thanks for the flowers dude! I thought your town looked awesome!

I also liked your back room (I think it was the back). What piece did you want in between the mask and the virtual boy?

Thanks for the flowers dude! I thought your town looked awesome!

I also liked your back room (I think it was the back). What piece did you want in between the mask and the virtual boy?

No problem, that cleared out quite a few flowers. As I said the whole town is under severe renovation and the house is junk storage until I finish upgrading it (even that back room has some stuff thrown in just to store). Honestly I have nothing planned for that middle cabinet, haven't found anything cool enough to display.

Thanks to Philia as well for coming and checking to make sure I had things set up correctly.

The offer of loads of free flowers still stands to anyone who wants them - almost all yellows left now but I'll give it until the end of today before I destroy them all.

Philia

Thanks to Philia as well for coming and checking to make sure I had things set up correctly.

They're set up correctly alright, just not optimally. And I had a feeling you weren't the type to budge lol! So I won't bother.

Here's my Dream Suite code for anyone's curious about my gardens.

400 2264 4480

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Shit shit shit.

Just had the 3DS in my pocket in sleep mode, (i dont think AC was running), but when I opened it, it was shut off. Switched it on and the date was 01/01/2011 and the time was 00:00!Battery was fine.

I changed the date and time but will it fuck up anything in AC? Why would the 3DS do that in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom