• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
I seem to have hit a bit of a rut with the game where not much progress is happening.

Got the following on the cards:

- Talking to Sable to unlock the QR code so I can import path designs and start planning
- Waiting for Redd to sell me a non-fake art for the musem to get the cafe
- Turnips and general fishing/bug hunting

And apart from that.. things seem to have slowed down. I don't see to be getting any changes in townsfolk (one has moved out, but nobody has replaced him and nobody else new), there are no new requests for public works (I finished the fountain and a bridge but none of the others appeal to me yet), no new shops or expansion of shops and there generally seems to be a slowing of progress.

I know the game is largely a lot about doing things on your own terms but from launch and up to now the game has always done a good job of drip feeding the occasional direction or new stuff to go at. That seems to have stopped though and I'm now just doing my "routine" tasks.

Is this normal? And does the game start re-introducing new stuff after a period of time?

Lucent

A few questions: How do you replant stuff on the island? I want to farm for gold but want to be able to regrow stuff on the island for catching bugs there in other months?

And how did you get your villager to leave in the end? Was there a daily regiment?

I've not regrown anything there yet but I'm guessing the stuff plants you can buy with the medals can be planted on the island.

And I actually paid quite a bit of attention to Beardo. He just randomly decided he was leaving. So I'm not going to object and I just won't talk to him anymore so he doesn't decide to change his mind. lol

EDIT: Yeah I'm not getting any suggestions from animals either. I haven't built anything besides the museum shop, dream suite, and Club LOL.

Sane_Man

How much did you spend? I bought 50,000 worth at 107 a piece. Haven't had prices get anywhere near that for selling in my own town. Today's is in the 50's. The regret...

About 300k's worth :/ I thought I'd at least make a little profit but my prices have been low all week. I've made a huge mistake.

tumblr_mphcexV8J81stdouno1_400.jpg

My prices have been decreasing from 80 since Monday. Yesterday I didn't check, but the last time it was around 66. This morning it was 144. Is it going to get higher tomorrow?

I also bought for 94

olimpia84

tumblr_mphcexV8J81stdouno1_400.jpg

My prices have been decreasing from 80 since Monday. Yesterday I didn't check, but the last time it was around 66. This morning it was 144. Is it going to get higher tomorrow?

I also bought for 94

Can I come to your town and sell mine please? Let me know and I'll give you my FC

Decided to empty storage of gems (except gold) and gyroids since I'll likely never use them. If anyone wants a particular gem type or gyroid swing by town - FC is in profile.

I'll start replacing that empty space with fossils for trading since were all getting to that point.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Potential?
You clearly didn't see the Animal Crossing thread here before the first OT that had to get locked because people were being so creepy in it.

Well, sure, I saw some of that.

I mean the potential the character creates for being designed the way it is.

You know what i mean.

Ellix

Thanks a lot G-Pink, Gvaz and Mairu! Made me feel a lot better after three days in a row of full fossil dupes, heh.

Augh, I must have spaced on which Megacero parts I was missing, and I totally just traded for the tail with Ellix, but I already had it. Ah well, thanks for the Spino Skull Ellix! And thanks for the Styraco piece Aces11!

Oh no! I can come back and drop off my Megacero Skull if you'd like.

G-Pink

Thanks a lot G-Pink, Gvaz and Mairu! Made me feel a lot better after three days in a row of full fossil dupes, heh.

Oh no! I can come back and drop off my Megacero Skull if you'd like.

Sure! Grab a hybrid for your troubles at the very least, or I can grab you some bells for it!

UberTag

Anyone with Modern furniture that I can catalog that has a need for a Silver Axe or some Perfect Peaches?
(I've also got a Silver Net I can pick up from my Museum Shop.)

Looking for the Dresser, Lamp and Wardrobe.

Thanks in advance.

Quick question, those of you who are looking for and trading dinosaur fossils, is this for 100 percenting the museum?

Is there a big incentive for this, should I not be selling my fossils everytime I get them appraised?

G-Pink

Quick question, those of you who are looking for and trading dinosaur fossils, is this for 100 percenting the museum?

Is there a big incentive for this, should I not be selling my fossils everytime I get them appraised?

There are a few, albeit very small rewards for completing the museum exhibits. It's mostly a completion thing. Keeping fossils that you already have donated is a good way to have something of value to trade with those hoping to fill their fossil section as well. Plenty of other incentives of course, but it's easy.

Oxx

I forgot to meet Sly at 7pm, so he was pretty mad. But then I caught a flea for him so I think we are cool.

Lucent

I forgot to meet Sly at 7pm, so he was pretty mad. But them I caught a flea for him so I think we are cool.

I keep forgetting about these when I set them. I think I've only set 3 times before and only met up once. lol

Mairu

Thanks SolidEyeSystem! All I've got left are the Parasaur Tail & Peking Man. Definitely cut the list down quicker than I had expected today.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I seem to have hit a bit of a rut with the game where not much progress is happening.

Got the following on the cards:

- Talking to Sable to unlock the QR code so I can import path designs and start planning
- Waiting for Redd to sell me a non-fake art for the musem to get the cafe
- Turnips and general fishing/bug hunting

And apart from that.. things seem to have slowed down. I don't see to be getting any changes in townsfolk (one has moved out, but nobody has replaced him and nobody else new), there are no new requests for public works (I finished the fountain and a bridge but none of the others appeal to me yet), no new shops or expansion of shops and there generally seems to be a slowing of progress.

I know the game is largely a lot about doing things on your own terms but from launch and up to now the game has always done a good job of drip feeding the occasional direction or new stuff to go at. That seems to have stopped though and I'm now just doing my "routine" tasks.

Is this normal? And does the game start re-introducing new stuff after a period of time?

A ton of stuff happened just after that for me. I got a painting (don't always need redd, sometimes a villager will give you one), nookling junction upgraded, kicks opened, dream suite became available (catch Isabelle asleep).

Sane_Man

Dude, you are the best tipper in the world! :O
Thanks for all that Nintendo swag and the pears!

No worries, man. Thanks to you I paid off my home loan and a public works project and I still have half of it left! To buy more turnips on Sunday and start the stress all over again. This is ageing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom