• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

Visited my first Japanese town with the Dream Suite and my God, purple and gold roses everywhere. They also had like 20 public work projects too.

Roto13

CacDNjt.jpg

This will not get old.

Why does she only clap when I do that?

I was thinking about picking this up for my 9 year old. Is it pretty hard to learn or is it easy to get the hang of it?
Well, when the Gamecube game came out, I would have been 12, meaning my little sister would have been 9, and we both absolutely adored it at the time and had no problems handling it entirely by ourselves (it wasn't something our parents played at all). It really is a pretty simple, straight-forward game, especially since the villagers are constantly giving you reminders on how to do various things, none of which are very hard to begin with. So yeah, it should be fine.

I seem to have hit a bit of a rut with the game where not much progress is happening.

Got the following on the cards:

- Talking to Sable to unlock the QR code so I can import path designs and start planning
- Waiting for Redd to sell me a non-fake art for the musem to get the cafe
- Turnips and general fishing/bug hunting

And apart from that.. things seem to have slowed down. I don't see to be getting any changes in townsfolk (one has moved out, but nobody has replaced him and nobody else new), there are no new requests for public works (I finished the fountain and a bridge but none of the others appeal to me yet), no new shops or expansion of shops and there generally seems to be a slowing of progress.

I know the game is largely a lot about doing things on your own terms but from launch and up to now the game has always done a good job of drip feeding the occasional direction or new stuff to go at. That seems to have stopped though and I'm now just doing my "routine" tasks.

Is this normal? And does the game start re-introducing new stuff after a period of time?
Yeah, that's normal. I had the feeling for a bit. But it really does just come and go in cycles like that. Like just today for me for instance:
-T&T Mart finished upgrading to Super T&T Mart
-Finally got a perfect town rating, so I have the options to change my Town Hall's appearance and the option to make a Flower Clock added to my public works projects
-However, I also just got done finishing most of the main public works projects I wanted to put down like a fountain, lighthouse, etc, and so with that done and having those things where I want them, I was finally going to get around to putting benches and such up around town that I was putting off until then. So combine that with the stuff from Perfect Town and I have a bunch of stuff to work on now.
-Then there will be whatever other suggestions I get from my villagers while I'm working on that stuff.
-Today is Saturday in my town, the first since my Club LOL opened, meaning this is the first time I'll be able to request a song from K.K. Slider, which I've been looking forward to for a while.
-Just got the Roost Cafe built yesterday, so I'm also working on becoming more friendly with Brewster so I can do stuff there.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
new hobby = blowing dandelion puff at animals

MicH

Mable just gave me her mannequin. Yesssssss! I know have two mannequins fully clothed in Samus and Link costumes. So awesome!!

Ultima_5

just got a 3ds xl as a graduation present. transferring info from my old one at the moment. can't wait to start the game =)

how many types of fruit are there?

Leeness

new hobby = blowing dandelion puff at animals

You can do that?!

Hahahaha awesome.

Couple of questions: would anyone be able to trade me a couple of cherries to plant? I have a lot of fruits to trade, I think I'm just missing cherries, apples and persimmons.

Also, if an animal gets sick, it you don't cure them, do they get better eventually? Or do they just stay sick forever?

Diva has a cold.
I hope she dies.

Insaniac

I'm sure most of you know this, but for those that don't:

Redd sells art and sculptures, but only one is real. WIth the fake ones, there is an actual noticable difference in the art versus the real thing which will help you distinguish which is genuine.

Ellix

Further thanks to SolidEyeSystem and Sordid for helping with my fossil collection! GAFfers are pretty swell. :)

I'm still up for giving out silver slingshots, drop me a note if interested.
Items checklist

Philia

I'm sure most of you know this, but for those that don't:

Redd sells art and sculptures, but only one is real. WIth the fake ones, there is an actual noticable difference in the art versus the real thing which will help you distinguish which is genuine.

Actually, I've seen on 3 separate occasions that Redd sold two real. I imagine this is based on your luck (feng shui).

MicH

My battle against the damn stubborn bush (some may know what this is about) is finally over! I had to dig up a few bushes, but today it finally sprung to life. YESSSSSSSS! I can now continue with my bush planting

Philia

My battle against the damn stubborn bush (some may not what this is about) is finally over! I had to dig up a few bushes, but today it finally sprung to life. YESSSSSSSS! I can now continue with my bush planting

WOW CONGRATS. Man. I don't think I have the patience for touring so much. :(

stone128

Just got this game today and I've kinda run outta things to do, maybe visiting another village would be fun :) I added my friend code to the spreadsheet, but didn't figure out how to view the list though...

My fc is 0302 - 0174 - 3241

Send me a pm if you want to add me with your fc ;)

MicH

WOW CONGRATS. Man. I don't think I have the patience for touring so much. :(
Yeah I only got like 4 bushes to experiment with and it worked on the second to last. So I need to do a lot more, haha. Phew. I'm not in any rush and I hate touring when Zi don't have access to the Elite Scavenger Hunt tour, so I'll probably wait a bit. But it feels AGREAT that I finally got it to work :D

Ultima_5

question, haven't even started the game yet, but i was wondering about the fc. is it game specific or is it the system fc? aka, where do i find my fc. cuz i'd love to get some peoples added =p

Rocwell

Town Bulletin Board: "The rainy season is over! It's now gonna be HOT, HOT, HOT!"

...rains everyday since.
No kidding I'm having a thunderstorm in my town right now.

question, haven't even started the game yet, but i was wondering about the fc. is it game specific or is it the system fc? aka, where do i find my fc. cuz i'd love to get some peoples added =p

FC is tied to your 3ds. You can find your friend code in the friend list app, the little smiling face in the top row toolbar.

Kokonoe

Banned

3DS uses one friendcode for all games. You can view your friendcode by:

1. Clicking the Home Button while in a game (Or if not in a game, proceed to step 2)
2. Clicking the orange square face at the top right.
3. Then looking at your Mii in that menu.

UberTag

Revelation of the day for me...

- If you have multiple characters set up in your village to hold patterns/turnips, give them each a turn at hitting rocks each day with the shovel.

EACH ONE OF THEM GETS A DAILY BELL/GEM ROCK!
AU7Amsc.gif

Evilcrane

Having a lot of fun with this game, but I noticed that only a couple of my friends play the game! So if anyone wishes to be friends, my friend code is 2406-5147-3160 - The lovely town of Royston and its peaches await you!

HNI_0087.JPG

HNI_0088.JPG

HNI_0027.JPG

Koren

Yeah I only got like 4 bushes to experiment with and it worked on the second to last. So I need to do a lot more, haha. Phew. I'm not in any rush and I hate touring when Zi don't have access to the Elite Scavenger Hunt tour, so I'll probably wait a bit. But it feels AGREAT that I finally got it to work :D
I don't understand *at all* what you're talking about ^_^ But now, I'm curious...

Elija2

So I was just chilling in my house when Rasher decided to show up uninvited and hang out for a bit. I didn't know they could do that. He even gave me an orange which is useless since it's my native fruit but it's the thought that counts.

GuitarAnthony

Neo Member
Still looking for that dime skull. Ptera right wing is incoming.

available be -

spino tail
diplo hip
ptera skull
ptera left wing
stego torso
plesio torso
apato torso
parasaur torso
t rex torso

Duster

You know the before you start playing where the game focuses on an animal walking around?
Well today that animal walked straight into a pitfall seed which isn't something I'd seen before, I watched his angry walk for a while.

SmithnCo

So I was just chilling in my house when Rasher decided to show up uninvited and hang out for a bit. I didn't know they could do that. He even gave me an orange which is useless since it's my native fruit but it's the thought that counts.

Yeah, Bianca did that to me yesterday and gave me an apple. Didn't expect that.

Elija2

Kater

Banned
You know the before you start playing where the game focuses on an animal walking around?
Well today that animal walked straight into a pitfall seed which isn't something I'd seen before, I watched his angry walk for a while.

Never saw an animal walking into one of those. Is there a consequence if you build it yourself and let your citizen walk into them? Do they move away from your town?
I really don't like mobbing but if it helps me get rid of one of my citizens then I would do that.

Mairu

I have both of what you need.

I could use an apatosaurus skull, diplodocus chest, mammoth torso, plesiosaur torso, and dinosaur egg.

Works for me! Mind hosting? My 3DS sometimes causes my router to crash if I host, but I can try again if you'd rather me host. FC in profile

Elija2

Weird. Blanche is in Retail moping about having made a purchase that she regrets, but she didn't actually buy anything.

Works for me! Mind hosting? My 3DS sometimes causes my router to crash if I host, but I can try again if you'd rather me host. FC in profile

No problem. I'm opening my gate now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom