• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koren

EDIT: Is it impossible to center benches with the fountain!?
The fountain is 3x3 on the grid. The benches are 2x1. Indeed, you cant.

What's worse, for me, is that you can't center a 2-wide path on a fountain either.

As for the benches, being able to change the direction would have been also welcome.

The fountain is 3x3 on the grid. The benches are 2x1. Indeed, you cant.

What's worse, for me, is that you can't center a 2-wide path on a fountain either.

As for the benches, being able to change the direction would have been also welcome.

Holy hell, this is all so depressing. Had planned a two wide path into a park area with a centered fountain and bench.

WELP.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thanks for that MicH!

In other news I think I've managed to do something very special today. I seem to have streetpassed legitimately (rather than using the MAC cheat) a fellow GAFer!

I'd post a pic but tumblr is being stupid.

Thanks for that MicH!

In other news I think I've managed to do something very special today. I seem to have streetpassed legitimately (rather than using the MAC cheat) a fellow GAFer!

I'd post a pic but tumblr is being stupid.

o_O. Very cool. Someone who posts in this thread?

Is running into Gracie random after getting T&T open? The only visitors I've gotten so far is Gulliver and that guy who gives out medals.

EDIT:

P.S. Can I buy a perfect apple from someone? I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I literally can't get them to happen naturally for me.

Dunno when they'll be fully grown, but I have about 5-6 trees that are mid stage growth at the moment with Perfect Apples.

If you're still needing them I can give you one once the trees mature.

Koren

P.S. Can I buy a perfect apple from someone? I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I literally can't get them to happen naturally for me.
I can take ages if you sell/eat/give the first one, if I'm not mistaken.

I've added your FC, and I'm opening in 5 minutes, you can come and get as many as you need.

Soulmate

Banned
Why those bushes keep dying? :(

BRpHTGJCUAAys1Z.jpg:large

BRpHrTTCQAA_eKU.jpg:large

Just to check, you can get around the rule where a center tree sapling dies by having eight around it by waiting till the eight are fully grown and then planting the sapling, right?

I've currently got two duplicate paintings: amazing and graceful.

I'll trade one for one with: common, warm, dynamic, basic, solemn, calm, proper or scenic.

I'll trade both for any sculpture I don't have.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Anyone interested in dinosaur models? I have some complete sets of fossils to give away for free for anyone interested. The sets I have on offer are:

Dimetrodon
Ichthyosaur
Mammoth
Megacerops
Pachysaurus
Parasaurus
Pteranodon
Velociraptor

Koren

12. The number it would take to trap a villager in their house. :)
That would probably be 20, since you can't plant a bush next to a buildinghouse (or even in front of the door)... and they don't have to be continuous. Pretty sure it's doable, actually.

Code:
_XXXXX_
X_____X
X_HHH_X
X_HHH_X
X_HHH_X
X_____X
_X___X_
__XXX__

Depends on how the 7x7 rule works, but I'm pretty sure it's checked only when you plant the bush, centered on the bush (it seems to be the case for trees)

But since villagers teleport themselves...

Just to check, you can get around the rule where a center tree sapling dies by having eight around it by waiting till the eight are fully grown and then planting the sapling, right?
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but if I'm understanding it correctly, it's wrong.

But I'm pretty sure you can still do it by planting one of the 8 surrounding trees *after* the center one. It'll be a mess if you're doing a perfect orchad, though, since you'll have problems each time the central tree dies.

Too many bushes and trees in a 7x7 area (15 is the max).
Doesn't seem to be the case, so I think it's the latter, but I'd like to make some experiments with this. The "7x7" rule is working a bit differently than usually explained, I'm leaning to think this is the same for this one.

Chuckpebble

Nintendo is tweeting about sharing QR codes for this game on Pinterest now. Went there. Looked through some followers. Saw some things.

Thankfully, you can get Nintendo Zone stuff from the parking lot. I parked as close to McDonald's as I could and was able to connect to NZ and then downloaded a pumpkin pie from Pelly. It took a couple tries because the signal was weak but at least it works.

Linius

Thankfully, you can get Nintendo Zone stuff from the parking lot. I parked as close to McDonald's as I could and was able to connect to NZ and then downloaded a pumpkin pie from Pelly. It took a couple tries because the signal was weak but at least it works.

Why not choose the comfort of McDonald's, buy a McWrap and download your pie(s)? Or Burgerking if that's more your style :p

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Why didn't you just go inside? Grab yourself some o' dem apple pies :p

Ellix

I'm restarting my time travel town since Chief just left all of a sudden. Fuck this.

Opening up for you guys to come grab my hybrids later today

Have you and BPB been doing the "two days forward, two days back" method for cycling villagers? For your interest, I read this post on Tumblr which claims that the 2 days back and forth method is bad and you can more easily lose villagers that way. Instead, their method seems to involve only going forwards in time (although you can reset back a few months once in a while). You may already know about it and I have no idea if it is actually better, but I thought I'd post it here anyway since you mentioned you're restarting the town!

I just bought this as a gift to myself as today is my birthday. I've never played a AC game before but I thought this looked sweet, whimsical and charming, with an undertone of pure psychotic terror (THANKS VILLAGER MEME). I just played for half an hour and owe Tom Nook 10,000 Bells. I got the impression he'd like to break my kneecaps.

So who'd like to be friends? How does that work in this game, the manual was sparse. I'm just kinda going with it right now!

Anyone interested in dinosaur models? I have some complete sets of fossils to give away for free for anyone interested. The sets I have on offer are:

Dimetrodon
Ichthyosaur
Mammoth
Megacerops
Pachysaurus
Parasaurus
Pteranodon
Velociraptor

Well I'm not interested in the sets, but the parasaurus skull is the last fossil I need. Can I just get the skull? I'd love to get Blathers off my back . . .

Have you and BPB been doing the "two days forward, two days back" method for cycling villagers?

I do 2/2 and haven't lost a villager yet. I've read about this but haven't tried it yet because 2/2 works for me. I'll mess around with some of the other methods when I'm not holding villagers for other people.

Time traveling has some really weird quirks that are fun to explore.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Can I take that one?
Sure.

Nintendo is tweeting about sharing QR codes for this game on Pinterest now. Went there. Looked through some followers. Saw some things.
The next site to be added to i.nintendo? Wish tumblr would fix their login page. :mad:

Well I'm not interested in the sets, but the parasaurus skull is the last fossil I need. Can I just get the skull? I'd love to get Blathers off my back . . .
No problem, I'll probably get the skull again soon enough.

K.

Koren

I just played for half an hour and owe Tom Nook 10,000 Bells. I got the impression he'd like to break my kneecaps.
He'll ask you for 70 times that, so be prepared ^_^

So who'd like to be friends? How does that work in this game, the manual was sparse. I'm just kinda going with it right now!
First, you register someone's friend code, and ask her/him to register yours.

After that, you can go to the train station and ask to open your town to internet friends. Once the station is open, anyone among your friend can go to their train station to come to your village.

You can also wait for someone to open her/his town, and go to your train station to visit it.

When you visit someone town (or someone is visiting yours), you can register the other people as "best friend" (select the heart in the green menu on the bottom left part of the bottom screen). After that, you have an instant messaging service in-game (the yellow button on the upper right part of the bottom screen).

There's also a way to visit another town when the owner is not there, without any effect on the town, using dreams, but that'll come later.

The game will explain anything you'll need, though. Sometime, it explains too much, in fact ^_^

The game is easier (and more enjoyable) with friends (and GAF community is especially great). Fruits from other town sells for more in yours, fruit from your town sells for more in others, for example. And there's so many items to collect that sharing is the best way to get them.

I'd be happy to add you, but I'll be unavailable for a couple of days, so that won't help you much. I'm sure many here will be eager to welcome you and help you. At the beginning, it's especially useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom