• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf | Turnip OT | Sunday is the boar's day

I added you and opened the gate, Art.

I realize this isn't really the thread for it, but my god is achieving full communication capability in this game obtuse, and then once you have, it's severely gimped. First, you have to swap 12 digit codes through some alternative service and both add each other. Then you have to host the game and again communicate through an alternate service that they should join. Then, when they arrive in your town, you BOTH have to add each other as a "best friend" from the current players menu, then you have to go to a DIFFERENT menu to enable communication with them, which may require going to the system settings menu (it did for me) which requires you to close the game! After all of this, you can finally get sign-on notifications about your friends, and send text messages that are no longer than 28 characters in length. Nintendo, get your shit together!

Flamfas

thank you artemesia for directing me here

Didn't realize we had a thread just for the Stalk Market. Perfect. I'll be participating from now on.

I think, for the first time, I'm skipping turnips. Just don't really need the money anymore, so it's not worth the hassle. That 100 million bell badge can f itself.

I'll still check my prices tho

I inadvertently skipped for the second week in a row because I went for a run and forgot all about turnips. I have 10+ million bells though, and I don't have much in the way of projects left anyway.

I've been having crap weeks, though. There have been at least two days I forgot to check either AM, PM, or at all, and I wonder if I ever had a high price then. It's been random patterns and lowball patterns of like 70, 91, 80 bells and so forth. Bah!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Do we have a contingency plan for horrible people that wake up after noon on sundays?

I didn't buy any turnips again because of that...

Gliffyr

Do we have a contingency plan for horrible people that wake up after noon on sundays?

I didn't buy any turnips again because of that...
You could always time travel back a few hours and then correct the time after you've got the turnips. They won't go rotten since it's not a significant amount of time traveled by my understanding.

It's the only use for time traveling that I've done in my game, though I've since been better about buying turnips in real time. Still, kind of annoying for people that play in the afternoon/later hours, but it's hardly breaking the game or anything.

Wait the gold turnip badge is 100 million bells? I thought it was 10 million? Argh I'm getting so annoyed by te fecking Stalk Market, I have two closet sets full of turnips.....argghhhhhh

Invested 2.484 million bells at 90 bells/decaturnip this morning. I'm hoping to find 630 bells/decaturnip for a six-fold return just shy of 15 million. I filled my box and my current housing space and my pockets, 276 slots, in all. Dropped all my rare items into letters and then saved mail. I had forgotten you have 180 slots for mail, on which you can attach anything that's not an insect, fish, or turnip.

Gartooth

Spent 800,000 bells on turnips today, largest turnip investment yet! Hopefully I will make enough of a profit to finish off expanding all the rooms in my house, don't let me down AC GAF!

Colin.

I got about 900k or so for the up coming week. Hoping for 500+ again, so I can properly invest in my town. I should be able to get even more next week, now that I have looked into the beetle guide for the island, can't believe I didn't know about that before. A lot of things going on for a seemingly simple game.

Ellix

I bought a million Bells' worth of turnips at 98 Bells...but I ate a stack of 100 by accident. There goes 9800 Bells.

Because the game has a cruel sense of humor.

Yep, I learned my lesson as well two weeks ago when I was dragging turnips over to drop them on the floor in the museum, when I dragged one stack a bit too far so that it highlighted my character, equipped with a shovel, standing indoors, who promptly ate the whole stack. Now I won't risk it and just tap each one and press A to drop 'em.

Bulbasaur

Banned
I worked pretty hard catching beetles on the island at night last week to accumulate about a million bells, I never had more than a couple hundred thousand before. Now I've blown the lot on turnips. A risky venture but the pay off should be well worth it if I dont f it up. finga'z x'd.

I worked pretty hard catching beetles on the island at night last week to accumulate about a million bells, I never had more than a couple hundred thousand before. Now I've blown the lot on turnips. A risky venture but the pay off should be well worth it if I dont f it up. finga'z x'd.

In the same boat.

TurnipTrackerNEO
Code:
Sun. B | 95
Mon. 1 | 82 | -13
Mon. 2 | 77 | -5
A drop of 5 instead of 3/4 gives me *slight* hope that it isn't just going to be another decreasing week...

Top Bottom