• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf | Turnip OT | Sunday is the boar's day

Despera

Banned
Gonna hit the sack an hour after this post. If anyone wants to buy turnips for 93 Bells each, make sure to notify me now.

Oxx

I don't know if I have the stomach for the stalk market this week after the trauma of the last two investments.

I suppose I need to just pay closer attention to this thread during the early part of the week and/or lower my standards.

Ozone

I don't know if I have the stomach for the stalk market this week after the trauma of the last two investments.

I suppose I need to just pay closer attention to this thread during the early part of the week and/or lower my standards.
Aim for 300+ by Wednesday/Thursday. After than just try to get a profit.

Oxx

I had 320 in my town early in the week, but I stuck to my '500+ or bust!' mantra... and nearly busted.

Time to retire that mantra.

I'd like to get in - FC 1633-4199-9770

My Joan is selling for 105 :|

Joan is still here for about an hour, if you are still around and want to buy at 94 bell per turnip you are welcome to come to my town.

Friendcode: 2406-5111-3138
Town: Asgard
Gates: closed

Already registered your code, so feel free to visit.

Edit:

Seems like having a festival, visitors and Joan somehow doesn't seem to work. But take a wild guess who waited for me right in front of the station when I closed the online connection...

tumblr_mr02cune4h1sy4dmzeh.jpg

Linius

Is there anyone with a Joan selling for a decent prize? My own Joan hasn't surfaced as of yet and I'd hate to miss out on a week of turnips :(

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Edit:

Seems like having a festival, visitors and Joan somehow doesn't seem to work. But take a wild guess who waited for me right in front of the station when I closed the online connection...

Hah! Yeah, normally you can visit other people's towns to buy from Joan, but for some reason it didn't work today. Damn you Fireworks Festival!

Thanks for letting me in anyway :)

Is there anyone with a Joan selling for a decent prize? My own Joan hasn't surfaced as of yet and I'd hate to miss out on a week of turnips :(

If you have your gate open, close it, Joan vanishes today if you open your gates. Just tried it again and as soon as I open the gates she is gone - when I close the online session she reappears.

massoluk

Banned
Joan is still here for about an hour, if you are still around and want to buy at 94 bell per turnip you are welcome to come to my town.

Friendcode: 2406-5111-3138
Town: Asgard
Gates: closed

Already registered your code, so feel free to visit.

Edit:

Wait. What? Really? Damn, Joan was pretty steep for me today at 99, was hoping Turnip GAF will offer salvation.

Nugg

Anyone from a different time zone than me still has Joan in his town? I woke up too late :(

My FC is 3136-6551-0707

My Joan is selling turnips for 93 for the next 5 hours. If anybody's interested, gimme your FC and I'll open my gates.

FC: 2079-6887-3264

Linius

Domia. I'll add you as soon as we figure out exactly where Joan went. She appears to have gone mysteriously AWOL. :p

It's pretty weird that Joan keeps disappearing for people today. I take it the fireworks shouldn't be any problem. We've been buying turnips in foreign towns for weeks now and all of a sudden it's a problem :S

It's pretty weird that Joan keeps disappearing for people today. I take it the fireworks shouldn't be any problem. We've been buying turnips in foreign towns for weeks now and all of a sudden it's a problem :S

Yeah, repeated cries into the megaphone have gotten me nowhere. I'm gonna try saving and restarting and see if she reappears.

I'll be damned, it worked. She's back. Linius, I added you to my friends.

EDIT: Wait, damn. She vanished when I opened my gates? I'm not sure what's going on.

DOUBLE EDIT: Yep. She disappears when my gates are opened, and reappears when they are closed. Weird.

Linius

Okay, never mind then. Thanks for trying :)

Not gonna bother with turnips anymore today. Katie screwed it all up for me :(

braves01

Banned
So...2 million bells invested at 103 per turnip. Bad price, but finding space for all those turnips in barely upgraded house and cluttered storage locker took made heading out for a better price nearly impossible without more preparation. I would've bought more, but no space. Luckily selling should be much easier but still might take a couple trips. At least I've still got 500k in the bank in case I really mess this up. Here's to 500+ prices at Re-tail.

Despera

Banned
So...2 million bells invested at 103 per turnip. Bad price, but finding space for all those turnips in barely upgraded house and cluttered storage locker took made heading out for a better price nearly impossible without more preparation. I would've bought more, but no space. Luckily selling should be much easier but still might take a couple trips. At least I've still got 500k in the bank in case I really mess this up. Here's to 500+ prices at Re-tail.
I've laid 6000 turnips on the beach, and the locker is already full (18,000 turnips). That's a total of 24,000 turnips at 93 Bells each.

I trust in you, turnip GAF. And of course, big profits mean big tips ;)

92 Bells, I guess it's a sign I should go for 5,000 this time!

Figures, the day I could let people in to buy is when letting people in to buy is broken. Come to think of it, won't it be like this every Sunday this month?

Ozone

Just put in my biggest investment this morning - 10,000 turnips at 95 bells.

I'll be keeping an eye on my prices this week and let you guys know if it hits 300+. Let's make some money!

Proposal for future Sundays: Let people in, have them drop their bell bags in piles, each person spread apart. Close gates, buy turnips for them, leave on ground where their bells were, reopen and let them collect.

Maybe stick small patterns on the ground to make it clearer: "Azure, you're at Star, Tim, you go to TriForce" and so on.

Would have to be careful about pacing the groups, or only adding a few at a time, though.

bumpkin

Just put in my biggest investment this morning - 10,000 turnips at 95 bells.

I'll be keeping an eye on my prices this week and let you guys know if it hits 300+. Let's make some money!
I doubled down on my investment last week with a chunk of change from my profits; bought 20k turnips. :D

Big money, no whammies, no whammies!

Bought 39,200 turnips @ 97 bells/turnip for a total investment of 3,802,400 bells.

Also, alternate thread title: "Who Wants to Be A Bellionaire?"

Top Bottom