• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielcw

I'm still a student, but it makes sense when you take into account the lore of the Pym Particles. You maintain your strength whenever you shrink down, so yes, the strength of your hit would be proportional to that of a bullet.

I don't know anything about Pym Particles.

So it isn't just real world physics (i.e. what makes ants relatively strong),
but there is also a sci-fi element, which gives him extra powers?

I wonder how fast an ant-sized man could run, and how high he could jump.
I guess the tricks like his gymnastics on pistols are probably impossible, if one couldn't exploit being able to shift between 2 sizes, which adds to the speed.
My knowledge of real physics in this context probably ends at the square/cubic law.

J10

Banned
The physics don't work, so it's best not to think about them. His mass stays the same when he shrinks, so when he jumps on the gun it should drop to the floor, but it doesn't. He should squash an ant when trying to ride it, but he doesn't. He can't be both light as a feather and heavy enough to knock somebody out.

danielcw

The physics don't work, so it's best not to think about them. His mass stays the same when he shrinks, so when he jumps on the gun it should drop to the floor, but it doesn't. He should squash an ant when trying to ride it, but he doesn't. He can't be both light as a feather and heavy enough to knock somebody out.

How do we know, that his mass stays the same?

J10

Banned
How do we know, that his mass stays the same?

Because he can still punch with the force of a 200 pound man while that small. Yet his mass is still somehow low enough to not squash a bug? It's just not real physics.

People seriously thought this was going to flop.

Neoxon

I don't know anything about Pym Particles.

So it isn't just real world physics (i.e. what makes ants relatively strong),
but there is also a sci-fi element, which gives him extra powers?

I wonder how fast an ant-sized man could run, and how high he could jump.
I guess the tricks like his gymnastics on pistols are probably impossible, if one couldn't exploit being able to shift between 2 sizes, which adds to the speed.
My knowledge of real physics in this context probably ends at the square/cubic law.
Ants do run pretty damn fast, so I wouldn't be surprised. Plus they're capable of lifting items much bigger than they are.

Dalek

1397003643560441.jpg

My crow thread will be glorious.

I'm looking forward to Marvel threads in about 2 years time when everyone talks about what a safe bet Ant-Man was for Marvel to make and how everyone knew about Ant-Man.

Neoxon

1397003643560441.jpg

My crow thread will be glorious.

I'm looking forward to Marvel threads in about 2 years time when everyone talks about what a safe bet Ant-Man was for Marvel to make and how everyone knew about Ant-Man.
So should I fire up the grill?

Quick

Banned

I don't know man. Guardians of the Galaxy was such a bomb. No way a bunch of no-name characters were going to earn much. Marvel's first bomb.

rexor0717

Because he can still punch with the force of a 200 pound man while that small. Yet his mass is still somehow low enough to not squash a bug? It's just not real physics.

People seriously thought this was going to flop.

I never had the illusion that it was going to flop. The trailers just didn't inspire confidence in its quality. The recent clips have helped though. I really want it to be good though seeing as I'm a huge MCU fan.

Pachimari

I were gonna book my tickets today but got an error. Oh well, trying again tomorrow.

And it is surprising me, that almost nobody have booked tickets for the premiere at the biggest cinema in my country. There's like 10 booked seats in a cinema with a thousand seats.

I'm excited though!

Neoxon

I were gonna book my tickets today but got an error. Oh well, trying again tomorrow.

And it is surprising me, that almost nobody have booked tickets for the premiere at the biggest cinema in my country. There's like 10 booked seats in a cinema with a thousand seats.

I'm excited though!
Same here, I was actually able to get the good seats this time. Then again, the same happened with Guardians until the reviews started to come in.

Pachimari

Finally booked my tickets!

This is how my theater looks so far. The red ones are reserved seats, while the grey ones are free to pick.

UBtxVip.png

Quick

Banned
I'm posting the OT in about a week. In typical MCU-GAF fashion, it's that time to finally decide on thread names.

I'm really partial to this by Broken Joystick:

Marvel's Ant-Man | OT | Is It Too Late To Change The Name?
Marvel's Ant-Man | Spoiler OT | I Think Our First Move Should Be Calling The Avengers.

Neoxon

I'm posting the OT in about a week. In typical MCU-GAF fashion, it's that time to finally decide on thread names.

Marvel's Ant-Man | Spoiler OT | I Think Our First Move Should Be Calling The Avengers.
Go for it.

mreddie

Do it. Good lines.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
There's a Spanish TV spot which confirms
Falcon
will appear in the film.

Not putting the link here as the thumbnail is a spoiler.

PM if you want the link.

Dalek

I'm still really fond of mine! I think it's really clever!

Marvel's Ant-Man | OT | ..............................

mreddie

There's a Spanish TV spot which confirms
Falcon
will appear in the film.

Not putting the link here as the thumbnail is a spoiler.

PM if you want the link.

Too late, I went on Facebook and suddenly, first thing was
Falcon's
in Antman.

Seriously, why reveal that?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

tumblr_mx7orpXZ2H1rit9feo2_400.gif

Someone else suggested Thanos The Tank Engine which made me laugh, but it's up to you.

obin_gam

|OT| Honey, I Shrunk Thanos The Tank Engine

Have to resist clips this time. Marvel released way too many with Age of Ultron and I felt like I had seen a third of the movie before I even walked into the theatre.

Pachimari

I'm not gonna watch anymore. All of the TV spots, info, trailers etc kind of killed the hype for Age of Ultron to me, especially the spoilers.

I gotta stay away from anything Ant-Man for just 16 days more. And I hate that I already know about some of the surprises.

The hype is kind of gone with this one as well, which is weird. As I have been hyped about Ant-Man for months, but the closer we get to the premiere, the less hyped I get.

I'm still looking forward to seeing it in the cinema though.

guek

Banned
No. Why do you think so?

Each movie stands on its own, and this an unproven sub-franchise, as was GotG.
Because if people can label a 450mil domestic/1.4 billion WW AoU a disappointment, you can bet Ant Man doing a "measly" 175mil dom/ 370mil WW like First Avenger would get it crucified. I'm expecting roughly 400-450 WW myself and would find that to be very respectable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom