• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The table scene was awesome, actually got a laugh out of me

So remind me, the lady we see in the trailers (that punches Scott and whatnot) is Janet aka Wasp except not-Wasp in the MCU?

danielcw

What are you thinking about the music from the Red Carpet premiere?
Pretty sure the music we hear at the end, when the cast is presented in front of the theater screen, is a theme from the movie.
You can hear a similar theme in the official clip, that was also shown.

I think it sounds OK, could build up to a big theme,
but I guess this will be another Marvel movie without a pompous score.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Ant-Man Mondo poster:

1-9ac6e3cb39.jpg

Dalek

Oh did we think of a name for the OT?

Ant-Man | OT | .................................
Ant-Man | OT | Is It Too Late To Change The Name?

mreddie

i think mine was...

Ant-Man | OT | What is this? A thread for ants?

I'll do two just for hell of it.

Ant-Man | OT | Marvel's Newest Hero, Crap Bag
(Someone is gonna get this.)

Ant-Man | OT | Threads Don't Get Any Bigger.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Marvel's Ant-Man | OT | Is It Too Late To Change The Name?
Marvel's Ant-Man | Spoiler OT | I Think Our First Move Should Be Calling The Avengers.

tomtom94

Not completely related, but I went looking through Paul Rudd's filmography to try and come up with an OT title and he's forty-six? What the fuck? Dude looks incredible for that age.

Ant-Man |OT| Than & Mini-Me

is best I can come up with.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Viral campaign too? HOLY SHIT, 97 RUDD?

Also, AMC is giving away posters for those who get early tickets. Just like last time, they're letting us choose the poster.

CI7IHlLVEAASEQM.png

CI7IfR2UEAAeluD.jpg

CI7JLjuUsAAqAdD.jpg

CI7KcqDUcAA__8a.jpg

These are pretty great.

Can't believe we're about to end out Phase 2 and there's no one else really close to establishing a "cinematic universe" yet.

Quick

Banned
would be kinda hilarious if you make a super wide image and put on quote so it is .... RESIZED on gaf ;D

I have a crazy/stupid idea for the OT. Not sure if mods would be good with it, though.

My OT preview wasn't a joke. :p

danielcw

Can't believe we're about to end out Phase 2 and there's no one else really close to establishing a "cinematic universe" yet.

Starting 4 series of hero films (or 3, if you don't count Hulk) and bringing them all together was one thing of its own.

But there are also universes like Star Trek, or Star Wars, or X-Men.

Star Trek is even a multiverse now, but OK, it all started on TV, so it isn't really "cinematic".

Star Wars canon right now is 7 movies and counting, and 2 TV series, and new novels.
You could argue, that it is just a series of films, sequel after sequel in a strange order. But with the animated Clone Wars movie, and the upcoming Rogue One, I would argue it became more.

X-Men is probably the best example, 3 different series of movies, which are all more or less in the same canon, even if it took a crowbar to fit some things in.

danielcw

EDIT: sorry for double post

Part of the scene with the door was also featured in a recent German TV-spot, but I guess that isn't exclusive to German-speaking countries, but used world wide, right?
Is there an U.S. TV spot with features the door scene.

The second scene features some of the justification of Scott's powers.
Has anybody done the math/physics, based on comics or what we know from the movie so far? How (un)realistic is it?

Neoxon

EDIT: sorry for double post

Part of the scene with the door was also featured in a recent German TV-spot, but I guess that isn't exclusive to German-speaking countries, but used world wide, right?
Is there an U.S. TV spot with features the door scene.

The second scene features some of the justification of Scott's powers.
Has anybody done the math/physics, based on comics or what we know from the movie so far? How (un)realistic is it?
I'm still a student, but it makes sense when you take into account the lore of the Pym Particles. You maintain your strength whenever you shrink down, so yes, the strength of your hit would be proportional to that of a bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom