• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko - Heavyweight Boxing Championship- Saturday 4/29

Status
Not open for further replies.

nampad

I am not watching boxing often because they are usually snoozefests (thanks to Klitschko's dominance for a decade). This was a damn good fight, hope we get more like this.

zelas

That was great! I thought Johnson was gassed for good. You could see him getting back into the fight the last few rounds though.

jett

D-Member
Great fight indeed.

DAMN that slowmo uppercut. He was done. It's honestly amazing Wlad would manage to stand up each time.

Its a young man's game. Wlad lived off his size for a long time. Furry and Joshua erased that advantage and Klitschko couldn't get it done either time. Don't think he's as good as others do.

How? He got up off the floor, recovered and took charge and won. That is impressive stuff.

He fought a 41 year old fighter. I was more impressed with Wlad to be honest. Now that doesn't mean Joshua won't go on to be great, but still I expected a future great to decimate an old, past his prime great fighter.

El Topo

Its a young man's game. Wlad lived off his size for a long time. Furry and Joshua erased that advantage and Klitschko couldn't get it done either time. Don't think he's as good as others do.

Wlad is 41, he was 39 when he fought Fury. Historically speaking, heavyweights don't get much shit done at that age, except for Foreman.
You don't immediately turn into garbage, but as time goes on things get harder. You get slower, you hit weaker, you don't get up as easily.

I have to agree with this. Wlad's size was a huge contributor to his success. He didn't have the physical advantage vs Fury and Joshua and looked vulnerable.

FuturusX

Silly question. I have not watched boxing in years. Can someone explain why this was on Showtime and not a PPV fight? ( In the USA)

pulsemyne

He fought a 41 year old fighter. I was more impressed with Wlad to be honest.

Well yeah Wlad was in great condition for the fight. Never thought I'd see a 41 year old heavyweight look so good.
Still credit to Joshua, got up seemed to learn as he went along and got the job done.

Biggest uppercut I have ever seen

Reminded me of this:

YniS135

Big brother took it better though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom