• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko - Heavyweight Boxing Championship- Saturday 4/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah Wlad was in great condition for the fight. Never thought I'd see a 41 year old heavyweight look so good.
Still credit to Joshua, got up seemed to learn as he went along and got the job done.

All I'm saying is historically the future great fighters destroyed their great old, past their prime greats.

Britain vs Ukraine, heavyweight division has been lousy for the last few years.

LOL @ Lousy for a few years, it's been lousy since after the Lennox Lewis vs Vitali Klistchko which was the last great Heavyweight fight. I would put this fight up there now as the last great Heavyweight fight.

A
LOL @ Lousy for a few years, it's been lousy since the after the Lennox Lewis vs Vitali Klistchko which was the last great Heavyweight fight. I would put this fight up there now as the last great Heavyweight fight.

Jeez, forgot how long ago that fight was, it really has been the dark ages.

Syder

Quick GIF that I capped

cNVb6XH.gif

Incredible that AJ still had the energy for this combo in round 11 despite looking gassed earlier.

kinggroin

Banned
2017 has been fucking lit for boxing. Holy shit. Haven't been this thrilled by the sport in a minute.

Props to Klitschko though. His performance was more impressive.

Congrats to Joshua for showing heart.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Quick GIF that I capped

cNVb6XH.gif

Incredible that AJ still had the energy for this combo in round 11 despite looking gassed earlier.

Thanks to you too sir really appreciated, i couldn't watch it live that's why i'm always hoping for some GAF GIFS.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yo you saw Arne's reactrion? the role model of pretty much every one who does heavy lifting.

Man this is awesome, really happy that finally someone beat Klitschko.

John_B

Joshua has incredible power but he seems heavy and his swings depletes huge chunks of his stamina bar. If he can learn to manage it better he will be laying people flat for many years.

Props to both fighters, and resparking the Heavyweight Division. Wlad was more impressive in his valiant loss than I've seen him in his victories.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Silly question. I have not watched boxing in years. Can someone explain why this was on Showtime and not a PPV fight? ( In the USA)

Americans won't pay to watch unless an American is fighting and likely to win.

America hasn't produced a good heavyweight in a while.

Boxing is more popular amongst African Americans and Latino/Hispanic Americans than the much desired 18 to 35 White Americans demographic.
Yup those tend to be UFC fans. Lack of White American champions in boxing is a big reason. Best American fighters tend to be Black and Latino.

Syder

Anthony Joshua has too many potential money matches:

1. Klitschko Rematch
  2. Tyson Fury
  3. Deontay Wilder
  4. Joseph Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom