• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody ever notice this in Vice City?

belgurdo

Banned
If you behead a driver and then take their car from the passenger side while they're falling out their body will rise back up, attempt to reach for something, and then fall back down. Cops do it too sometimes when you behead them this way but you don't have to steal their cars to do it. Freaky as hell

evil ways

Yeah, among some of the crazy stuff, there's the times where you steal a cab, begin a cab mission and your first passenger is the cab driver you stole the vehicle from. In GTA III I've had this weird occurrence where I'm in a boat, the boat gets blown up but I'm left with 20-30 health stuck in the middle of the ocean, in the burned out boat, it happened in the mission where you have to blow up the plane and pick up the packages at sea.

Ferrio

Banned
I loved something you could do in GTA3

Basically you'd find a body of water (a lake, forget where) and you'd get in a car. You'd drive the car on the side walk and cause the pedestrians to change their path. They'd then walk toward the lake and just walk to their death until they drowned. Then everyone on the sidewalk would all freak out and run to the person who just died and they'd all drown and this would repeat forever.

Matlock

Banned
I drove down into the subway tunnels in GTAIII today with a Yakuza Stinger. When I saw a train coming towards me, I hit the hand brake, spun, and peeled out in the opposite direction as fast as I could, with the train bearing down on me for about a minute or so.

Awesome stuff. ;D

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Ferrio said:

Basically you'd find a body of water (a lake, forget where) and you'd get in a car. You'd drive the car on the side walk and cause the pedestrians to change their path. They'd then walk toward the lake and just walk to their death until they drowned. Then everyone on the sidewalk would all freak out and run to the person who just died and they'd all drown and this would repeat forever.

That sounds like a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.

Vlad

Ferrio said:

Now I gotta reinstall GTA3 and go try that. I always figured that pedestrians just walked around your car and went the way they were going.

Vieo

You think that's crazy? Look what happened to me. =/

vicecity.jpg

I was just playing Vice City today and this happened to me. Just starting off the game, getting chased by the cops on the first mainland, and i'm in that silver DeLorean type car. I need to jump over one of the rivers (at the jump right by the nightclub) to evade the cops, so I go for it, but I figure out that I'm not going to make it once the camera pans over.

So I press the dive out button. All of a sudden I'm standing on top of the car. Over the river. So I run and jump onto land, barely making it. I turn back around, and there's the silver car, about 10 feet from the curb of the fence, over the river, suspended in air. It wasn't even close to touching the fence or anything else. It was just floating there.

belgurdo

Banned
Mike Works said:
I was just playing Vice City today and this happened to me. Just starting off the game, getting chased by the cops on the first mainland, and i'm in that silver DeLorean type car. I need to jump over one of the rivers (at the jump right by the nightclub) to evade the cops, so I go for it, but I figure out that I'm not going to make it once the camera pans over.

So I press the dive out button. All of a sudden I'm standing on top of the car. Over the river. So I run and jump onto land, barely making it. I turn back around, and there's the silver car, about 10 feet from the curb of the fence, over the river, suspended in air. It wasn't even close to touching the fence or anything else. It was just floating there.

Flux capacitor must have been busted and the car turned on the air brakes to keep itself from going nuclear on impact

Top Bottom