• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone here deal with increasingly angry and bitter parents the older they get?

Lunarorbit

Gold Member
My blood family is all dead unfortunately and I don't hang out with my in-laws that much. The amount of annoying, pull yourself up by the boot strap attitude that old people have I dealt with doing customer service.

Luckily I had a job where I could call them out on their bullshit, especially the housing market. I stopped giving a fuck about interrupting them and being rude cause the were overwhelming pricks. I don't play around anymore with old bigoted shit heels

Braag

I want to preface by saying that I don't believe in astrology but my mother is a Capricorn just like my ex and they are basically the devil incarnate. Controlling, perfectionist, never wrong, not a drop of empathy etc. My mother is in her early 70's and she's always been overly critical under the guise of correcting me but lately even my choice of words will upset her and if I try to reason with her she will have a meltdown. Any advice? Obviously, I can stop visiting her but she'd feel bad
My parent have become super mellow with age and really relaxed. They go to gatherings they would have never attended when in their 40s or 50s for example.
But when me and my sister lived at home, they were crazy strict and critical about everything we did. Like I hated living there so much, I moved on my own 1 week after turning 18.
Now they're like completely different people almost.

Top Bottom