• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone pick up MK yet?

What is it with MK games and super fucking lame bosses? Moloch and Onaga just suck the fun right out of the game. Any momentum is brought to a screeching halt. Its like the strategy just goes right out the window and you have to "cheap" your way to victory. Fucking lame. Still a great game though. Just lame fucking boss.

shuri

Banned
I am a weak, weak man. I downloaded a saved game, sent it to my modded xbox, transfered the saved game to a memcard, and now i can load all the unlocked characters over xbox live! Woo!

My currect rank on xbox live is 401 :( Zombie Lui Kang is awesome. But Shurigo (or whatever, the conquest guy) is a monster. He has subzero's freeze, scorpion's spear, raiden's torpedo, Kobra's fire fist, Lui kang's bicycle kick and Kenshi's teleport slam. He's way overpowered.

His fatalities are pretty damn cool tho.

Kweh

The amount of times i got Onaga's bar to ding only for him to either a) hit me once into the spikes, b) completely obliterate me with his moves and throws and not letting me hit him one more time.

In the end, the fight was me basically doing a random combination of X and Y -.-

Ermac rocks btw

I got ranked 8th online for puzzle fighter. Now I'm 11th due to work. The puzzle mode rocks. I'm almost 100% complete, I unlocked all the puzzle fighters, along with all of the regular fighters THhs game is a keeper, but....SVC Chaos is going to eat up alot of my time :(

Vargas

I bought a can of compressed air today to see if it would work. It did and I finally got to play the actual game. It is pretty cool even though I do not like the way characters fall down.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Just got home from the store. picked up the collector's edition. Gonna pop it in the ole Xbrick in a few. Can't wait to see how MK 1 turned out and to get my Puzzle Kombat goin! :)

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
ssjbrydon said:
puzzle kombat is REALLY good. there is no counter gems, tiers are based on each characters super attack. pretty good system but is more scrub friendly imo. i still fave PF

SoulHadou said:
Oh, and im hooked on Puzzle Kombat! haha See you guys online.

Heh...well I just picked up Deception and have been playing PK for a about a couple hours. I can safely say that this will definitely hold me until the real Super Puzzle Fighter cums to Xbox Live. It aint as colorful or as rich and vibrant as SPF, and I miss the sound effects...but it retain that classic SPF gameplay(for the most part), and that's good enough for me. I'm still trying to figure out what you do with your super meter. Anybody know?

kal1II3 said:
Who's the best fighter to use in puzzle mode? (special move wise)

I too would like to know this. Is there a difference with whom you choose in Puzzle Kombat? Are there special patterns?

Oh and send me an invite I'll be on LIve for some Puzzle Kombat action! This could very well replace the shitty Mame/Kaillera Super Puzzle Fighter experience! Tag = Isamuu

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
isamu said:
Heh...well I just picked up Deception and have been playing PK for a about a couple hours. I can safely say that this will definitely hold me until the real Super Puzzle Fighter cums to Xbox Live. It aint as colorful or as rich and vibrant as SPF, and I miss the sound effects...but it retain that classic SPF gameplay(for the most part), and that's good enough for me. I'm still trying to figure out what you do with your super meter. Anybody know?

I too would like to know this. Is there a difference with whom you choose in Puzzle Kombat? Are there special patterns?

Oh and send me an invite I'll be on LIve for some Puzzle Kombat action! This could very well replace the shitty Mame/Kaillera Super Puzzle Fighter experience! Tag = Isamuu

Hit "X" on Xbox to unleash your super move. Depending on your character, it does different things to the other guy. Scorpion has a cool one where he mixes up all their colors, messing up their combos. I think Raiden might shower them with more blocks. It's really nasty.

Shujinko owns. Spaz, when you go to work on Monday, I'll show you and James the power of Shujinko. The guy has too many tricks and way too many combos.

evil ways

I'm still trying to figure out what you do with your super meter. Anybody know?

Each character has a special attack mentioned on the character select screen, Levitate, Drill, Freeze etc., on PS2 you press square when the bar is full and flashing to use it.

Subzero freezes all your current blocks for a limited time, so bombs and dragon koins are disabled.

isamu

Thanks Eggo and Evil. That sounds pretty cool! I was using Scorpion and yeah I did notice how the opponent's blocks got all jumbles and stuff. I'm starting to love this!

evil ways

I was playing PK earlier today with Ermac and after a 3x Combo he did a little happy dance which looked really funny. Like he was jogging with happiness.

Rumor is that there may be 4-5 additional hidden characters in Puzzle, like Hotaru, Tanya, Havik, Ashrah and Noob which were all shown in video clips and pics. It would be really shitty if they did them in mini style and then decided to can them before the game shipped.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
evil ways said:
I was playing PK earlier today with Ermac and after a 3x Combo he did a little happy dance which looked really funny. Like he was jogging with happiness.

Rumor is that there may be 4-5 additional hidden characters in Puzzle, like Hotaru, Tanya, Havik, Ashrah and Noob which were all shown in video clips and pics. It would be really shitty if they did them in mini style and then decided to can them before the game shipped.

I have everything unlocked in the game (hacked save for teh Xboxxen), and they aren't in there.

Anyanka

I unlocked all the Koffins this morning. Can't believe it took so little time. MKDA took ages to do. Konquest gives you so many Koins. Spend a few hours in it and you have thousands of each kind of Koin. Now to do it on Xbox and later, GC.

Shujinko's fatalities are cool, but it makes no sense how he uses weapons he normally doesn't have.

Raiden is really disappointing. The new take on his story is nice, but he's too close to MKDA Raiden. It's like they just gave him the torpedo & teleport and changed his outfit colors. Very boring. Should have at least given him a new stance.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I picked up the Kollector's Edition on Friday for PS2. So far I think this one is a huge improvement over MKDA all things considered. There's just so much more "kontent" its ridiculous.

I think MK1 pretty much is arcade perfect. The game is being played though an emulator and the machine is set to free play. Also, the music and sounds are the same as the arcade (I remember someone saying they weren't). I just played a few games in Mame and everything sounded the same. Also, the parts with slowdown (when JC gets knocked out of a shadow kick or the credits)...slowdown in the arcade version as well. The music cuts off in the arcade version and everything. The only thing that I can think of that is different from the arcade version is that the home version feels just a tad faster...and thats an improvement IMO.

The only things I don't like about this one are the smaller krypt (400 koffins in MKD vs 676 koffins in MKDA) and the fact that Johnny Cage, Sonya, Jax, Shang Tsung, and Quan Chi are in Konquest mode (and can fight them)... but you can't play as them in the other modes. It seems like such a waste. I mean, the models, movesets, sounds, etc are all there....make them playable for crying out lound. I don't care if some of the other characters use a few of their styles now.

Anyway, Ermac kicks freaking ass. He used to be such a sucky character but his combos are just sick. I love how you can keep levitating people over and over for combos and his D,U + X (float) manuever is great. Li Mei is still a powerhouse as well.

evil ways

I played a bit with Kobra today and he kicks insane amounts of ass, I wish his 2nd Fatality was posted. Aside from Dairou and Tanya, I love almost every character in the roster.

People like Havik, Ermac and Ashrah are a blast to play with.

As for MK1, some sounds were not exactly changed but sound different, like Subzero's ice blast, Scorpion's spear and Johnny Cage's fireball. I don't know if it's that they were remastered or suffered a change in the emulation but they are more ringy and noisy.

Top Bottom