• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

anyone picked up Nightmare of Druaga?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
A Nightmare of Druaga cookie for all of you:
druaga.jpg

aku:jiki

ferricide said:
welp, it's 4 realz. reviewable druaga landed on my desk today along with a press release confirming the 10/26 US release date. dungeon crawler fans rejoice! etc.
That's great! Thanks for the info. Good lookin' out, son!

Any idea on the cover? I'm still hoping...(I won't have to buy it twice.) :(

English Drill Land that I can save with would be awesome (stupid freeloader)... and what the heck is up with the US release of Technic Beat... Mastiff's site says late summer, but I have not seen the game listed anywhere, and outside of a preview on Gamespot not really talked about anywhere other than here either.

ferricide

aku:jiki said:
Any idea on the cover? I'm still hoping...(I won't have to buy it twice.) :(
dunno, they didn't send a cover mockup in the press packet. however, they did use the japanese cover art on the disc for the reviewable (which, i should note, proves nothing with namco -- they used totally different art on the taiko and katamari discs recently.) it does prove they actually have that art in their posession, however, so keep hope alive.

they did keep the same logo, though they stripped off the "the nightmare of druaga" katakana and put "Fushigino dungeon" on it in place of the japanese.

that's about all of the exhaustive detail i can manage.

Alex

Yay. Thanks for the update Ferricide. Did you get to play through it before? Would you mind posting some impressions later on...?

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
TekunoRobby said:
A Nightmare of Druaga cookie for all of you:
druaga.jpg

that's actually from the battle of druaga if you follow the source of the pic... I have little idea what it's like other than you can apparently play as the valkyrie. but I don't follow the japanese arcade skeen as much as I'd like so I assume there's real shots somewhere.

ferricide

john tv said:
Any word on price? This needs to be a budget title, badly.
EB says $40. i believe it. i just handed the press release off to someone, so i don't have it handy to double check.

Alex said:
Yay. Thanks for the update Ferricide. Did you get to play through it before? Would you mind posting some impressions later on...?
only played it for about 20 minutes. i can see the addiction potential, but right now i have enough RPGs clogging my brain as is. i won't be playing this in the near future.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Stupid question time... wasn't this a PS2/GC release in Japan? Or am I thinking of something else? I remember hearing that one of the early Druaga Famicom games was being given away as a preorder bonus when you ordered the GC version of the new game...

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
DavidDayton said:
Stupid question time... wasn't this a PS2/GC release in Japan? Or am I thinking of something else? I remember hearing that one of the early Druaga Famicom games was being given away as a preorder bonus when you ordered the GC version of the new game...

that was with baten kaitos.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
bobbyconover said:
Does it sadden anyone else that the our same little group of 4-5 people are the only ones who pay attention to rad games like this? :(

:/

jooey said:
that's actually from the battle of druaga if you follow the source of the pic... I have little idea what it's like other than you can apparently play as the valkyrie.
This Valkyrie?!

valkyrie%5B1%5D.gif

If so this must be THE GREATEST GAME EVER.

As long as it's not some card battler type thing. I was worried it might be from the cab pics. I need actual screenshots!

WATCH OUT! Shill ahead!

I hear Namco's not gonna use that awesome box art*. So you should buy my import copy. The buy it now on my used import copy is the same price as a new copy of the domestic version! It's a steal!

*This is a lie.

Rummy Bunnz said:
The buy it now on my used import copy is the same price as a new copy of the domestic version! It's a steal!
Why are you selling the best cover art ever (right now)? :(

aku:jiki said:
That commercial rocks. But what's "shitai" mean?
It means "I want to do ..." something, and in this case it's used to mean "I want to play Nightmare of Druaga." However, on its own it's also a euphemism for "I want to have sex" (like, "I want to do it").

jiji said:
It means "I want to do ..." something, and in this case it's used to mean "I want to play Nightmare of Druaga." However, on its own it's also a euphemism for "I want to have sex" (like, "I want to do it").
Haha, thanks, that rocks even more. :D

Top Bottom