• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP sources: Trump speaks to advisers about firing Sessions

Blizzard

Banned
Amazing seeing people repeat dumb shit like this. Trump is going to fire a special counsel with a bulletproof reputation and nothing is going to happen? Stop it.

There would be a series of resignations in the DOJ and congress would create a special committee. Hell they might even just re-install Mueller.
This may be a dumb question, but why would a series of resignations in the DOJ help? That would enable Trump to at least attempt to install pro-Trump / pro-Russia / "loyal" replacements, let him claim to be draining the swamp, and weaken the one branch of the government that has a chance at stopping him.

Heck, Trump might even leave them empty. Aren't there some government positions that still don't have Trump appointees installed?

Or are you saying you expect people in the house or senate to stand up and try to block Trump replacements?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Amazing seeing people repeat dumb shit like this. Trump is going to fire a special counsel with a bulletproof reputation and nothing is going to happen? Stop it.

There would be a series of resignations in the DOJ and congress would create a special committee. Hell they might even just re-install Mueller.

I would have said this a year ago, maybe even 7 months ago. Not now. Your confidence, while inspiring, isn't based in reality.

Blizzard

Banned
Wapo and the hill was saying Ted. Cruz is on the list.
06-ted-cruz.w710.h473e5pt1.jpg

I guess after devouring his soul, Trump could technically appoint him.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
honestly i think the only trump can register about nixon is to not recreate the saturday night massacre. so he has to get rid of sessions so he has an AG fire Mueller willingly.

Cruz taking the position and then immediately recusing would be fucking hilarious

Either that or he just blurts out that he actually is the Zodiac Killer

honestly i think the only trump can register about nixon is to not recreate the saturday night massacre. so he has to get rid of sessions so he has an AG fire Mueller willingly.

I hope they cite the lovely foxnews article from earlier today that was detailing the all of the major campaign contributions that muller and his team has made to democrats and even included some stuff like "this attorney was part of the case that re wrote that marriage is between a man and a woman".

Here's to hoping DC turns out to protest if it actually happens.

Well. When Mueller gets fired after thsi. Sessions getting fired is a whole 'nother Larry David situation.

Trump would have to get someone into the position to do it. It's unlikely the Senate is going to approve any appointee that says they are going to dismantle the SC

Trump would have to get someone into the position to do it. It's unlikely the Senate is going to approve any appointee that says they are going to dismantle the SC

Recess appointment, doesn't need senate confirmation until the next session of congress (after the 2018 midterms).

Futureman

Mueller probably has a ton of information at this point. If Trump did fire him, would they just have to throw the investigation out? What if there was some really damning stuff in there?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Could you possibly make yourself look any more guilty. Fucking Orange dipshit fuckwad shitsipping traitorous bigoted waste of air.

nobody tell trump about fdr.

Low energy FDR always sitting down! Lazy Dem who only increased red tape on industry and banks and take your JOBS! I inherited a worse economy than Sittin' FDR! And don't get me started on his emails! You don't even want to know what I've dug up on FDR believe me!

Eventually someone's going to realize that being loyal to the most unloyal person on earth is a bad idea. He'll throw anyone under the bus, even family before himself better make them deals while they still can.

Just saw thus new gq video from Keith Olbermann with some really interesting details near the end of the video at minute 7:00

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nEOhXhj1QXI

Says that a sitting president can be indicted. More interesting is the fact that if he tries to fire Muller by assigning a new AG or whatever the case may be, Muller can go to court to prevent this from happening. Maybe desserves a thread? I didn't know any of this.

Just saw thus new gq video from Keith Olbermann with some really interesting details near the end of the video at minute 7:00

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nEOhXhj1QXI

Says that a sitting president can be indicted. More interesting is the fact that if he tries to fire Muller by assigning a new AG or whatever the case may be, Muller can go to court to prevent this from happening. Maybe desserves a thread? I didn't know any of this.

Please someone else double down on this, if he can go to court over it I can actually rest easy for a night (other then healthcare).

Magwik

Banned
Right? Comey got fired with no notice and found out via the fucking news. Dude still had time to get his memos and put homie on blast

And this whole nothing is going to happen stuff is dumb. Every time Trump's done some dumb fuckshit he always gets blowback or it gets quietly curtailed
The second Mueller gets fired, every single thing will be leaked. Trump would be sentencing himself to death.

The second Mueller gets fired, every single thing will be leaked. Trump would be sentencing himself to death.

I don't buy it, I heard the same shit with Comey and he's still president. And even if it all gets leaked I have my doubts trusting anyone to live up to their positions and stop him. I'm not saying nothing will come of it, I am saying our current government cares so much about party that they would defend him if he literally raped a child tomorrow on camera.

My god.

Like its being said over an over these things take time.

I'm getting things take time, but if he fires the guy we won't have that time. Again as a reminder Republicans don't give a shit about anything he does

Loudninja

I don't buy it, I heard the same shit with Comey and he's still president. And even if it all gets leaked I have my doubts trusting anyone to live up to their positions and stop him. I'm not saying nothing will come of it, I am saying our current government cares so much about party that they would defend him if he literally raped a child tomorrow on camera.
My god.

Like its being said over an over these things take time.

What would be the odds that Sessions flips on Trump and decides to testify against him? Asking for immunity is implied if course

EBreda

It's a question of when. He is already gone, everybody knows it. And guess what? Apart from a furious CNN panel and late night shows mockery, nothing will come out of it.

Republicans will support him no matter what.

cameron

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump campaign - "quietly working to boost Clinton." So where is the investigation A.G. @seanhannity

— Donald J. Trump‏ (@realDonaldTrump) July 25, 2017

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has taken a VERY weak position on Hillary Clinton crimes (where are E-mails & DNC server) & Intel leakers!

sazzy

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump campaign - "quietly working to boost Clinton." So where is the investigation A.G. @seanhannity

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has taken a VERY weak position on Hillary Clinton crimes (where are E-mails & DNC server) & Intel leakers!

Sessions getting his just reward for backing an awful person.

It would be smart appointing a new AG with a recess appointment, so this person does not have to be voted in until next year

he keeps raging about it so he might at least fire him now and appoint someone during the August recess

I imagine things could escalate quickly if he fires Sessions. Since Rex Tillerson's resignation is already rumoured, I imagine that would quickly follow. Following that I suspect we could also see Reince Priebus getting replaced.

Top Bottom