• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP sources: Trump speaks to advisers about firing Sessions

Electret

bX6ar.gif

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
seriously

if trump fires mueller

not a single repub is actually gonna do anything about it

he has no reason not to do it, everyone with a brain already knows he guilty af

While I would be happy to see a racist fuckwad elf like Sessions out of such a powerful position, I would also like to see him stay there so he gets ruined and destroyed by the ongoing investigation.

Avalanche

It's amazing but perhaps not surprising that a man whose public identity used to essentially be the guy who fired people on TV is too much of a pussy to fire anyone.

Zolo

Was talking to some political types and they brought up an interesting point. Trump could fire session while Congress is on vacation and do a recess appointment that would not require congressional approval until the next session of congress so could have a period to do his fuckery

Can't Democrats keep a guy around, so it doesn't technically go on recess?

seriously

if trump fires mueller

Amazing seeing people repeat dumb shit like this. Trump is going to fire a special counsel with a bulletproof reputation and nothing is going to happen? Stop it.

There would be a series of resignations in the DOJ and congress would create a special committee. Hell they might even just re-install Mueller.

seriously

if trump fires mueller

this would have a huge backlash but I have no idea what would happen. we are in uncharted territory. hopefully some huge bombshells leak soon.

Mark L

He could talk.

I have never run a criminal gang before, but I always figured the first thing you did to the new guy was make them do something super dirty to lower their probability of this. And there is never any guarantee of immunity from the authorities, so....

BriGuy

Amazing seeing people repeat dumb shit like this. Trump is going to fire a special counsel with a bulletproof reputation and nothing is going to happen? Stop it.

There would be a series of resignations in the DOJ and congress would create a special committee. Hell they might even just re-install Mueller.
Reappointing the guy who was fired to investigate the guy who fired him would be a huge conflict of interest, and you'd better believe Trump and his lawyers and his ballwashers at Fox News would be all over it. If Mueller gets fired, that's it.

Opto

Banned

Maybe. GOP hasn't made any courageous step against Trump directly, why start now? Plus, they need Trump to sign off on their anti-healthcare bill. A crisis of the administration is a small price to pay for tax cuts and deregulations. Maybe they'll get around to it eventually, but I don't see all of Congress cooperating to get Mueller back on the case

Was talking to some political types and they brought up an interesting point. Trump could fire session while Congress is on vacation and do a recess appointment that would not require congressional approval until the next session of congress so could have a period to do his fuckery

Yes this is the real threat, will the turtle not actually put the senate into recess like he did during obamas last year in office to prevent Obama from using the power of recess appointment to elevate Merrick garland to the Supreme Court? Of course he won't, we'll get a recess appointment of some trump crony fuckboy and the investigation will be fucked with internally. Whether that gives trump the outcome he seeks is hard to say. If this happens leaks will become floods.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Yes this is the real threat, will the turtle not actually put the senate into recess like he did during obamas last year in office to prevent Obama from using the power of recess appointment to elevate Merrick garland to the Supreme Court? Of course he won't, we'll get a recess appointment of some trump crony fuckboy and the investigation will be fucked with internally. Whether that gives trump the outcome he seeks is hard to say. If this happens leaks will become floods.

Eh... I don't think that Mueller's team would leak shit on the way out. If he gets fired we're straight up fucked.

Trump could literally make a recess appointment of his son Barron if he wanted.

There are technically no legal preconditions to be a cabinet member.

theWB27

I hope he keeps Jefferson Beauregard for now, but I would be morbidly curious to see Sessions's reactions. Can you really picture him going gentle into that good night? The man looks spiteful.

Trump taking away his power to racist won't go over well I'd imagine.

You guys really think someone who has been in the IC as long as Mueller doesn't have a contingency to make sure Trump goes down if he's found something on him?

You think this dude is gonna get caught with his pants down if he's fired?

antonz

Yep and I was just listening to Foxnews for the daily spin and they asked a Trump team guy If Sessions were to be fired could they get a replacement through the senate quickly. Immediate response was well maybe but the August Recess is soon.

Shauni

You're sure of this, with this Congress? I don't know, wish I could be. I really don't know what will happen once it happens.

You guys really think someone who has been in the IC as long as Mueller doesn't have a contingency to make sure Trump goes down if he's found something on him?

Right? Comey got fired with no notice and found out via the fucking news. Dude still had time to get his memos and put homie on blast

And this whole nothing is going to happen stuff is dumb. Every time Trump's done some dumb fuckshit he always gets blowback or it gets quietly curtailed

Eh... I don't think that Mueller's team would leak shit on the way out. If he gets fired we're straight up fucked.

I agree about muellers team, firing him doesn't stop the investigation though. I think it more likely that the IC will leak like a sieve though.

That's the sole reason why I'm not terrified of a potential firing. Mueller seems like the type to set up a Dead Man's Switch.

Top Bottom