• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP: Trump dogged by insecurity over popular vote, media coverage, watches TV often

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
Yes, the AP just posted a big story about Trump's insecurity getting the better of him and how unstable he's looking in the eyes of his aides. He's apparently watching TV constantly to get some positive affirmations from any outlets.

Key advisers in Trump's circle concede the focus on crowd claims and alleged voter fraud have been a distraction. But who's going to stop him from airing his complaints?

After relishing in Friday's inaugural festivities, the new president grew increasingly upset the next day by what he felt was "biased" media coverage of women's marches across the globe protesting his election, according to a person familiar with his thinking. Trump was particularly enraged with CNN, which he thought was "gloating" by continually running photos of the women's march alongside the smaller crowds that attended his inauguration the day before, according to this person, one of several White House aides and associates who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about private conversations.

Trump has had a tumultuous relationship with the press, frequently calling the media dishonest and insulting individual reporters by name at his rallies and on Twitter. Still, two people close to Trump said he expected his coverage to turn more favorable once he took office. Instead, he's told people he believes it's gotten worse.

The bad press over the weekend has not allowed Trump to "enjoy" the White House as he feels he deserves, according to one person who has spoken with him.

The result has been a full display of Trump's propensity for exaggeration and more. During an appearance at the CIA Saturday, he wrongly said the inaugural crowds gathered on the National Mall stretched to the Washington Monument, despite clear photo evidence to the contrary. And during a reception with lawmakers from both parties Monday night, he repeated his false assertion that millions of illegal immigrants provided Hillary Clinton's margin in the popular vote.

It's not the first time that Trump, who is known to be both thin-skinned and dedicated to polishing his public image, has become fixated on details that challenge his success. When journalist Timothy O'Brien wrote in a 2005 book that Trump was a multimillionaire, not a billionaire, the real estate mogul sued him for $5 billion. The case was dismissed. Trump appealed, accusing the journalist of libel. He lost that, too.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/6141...aud-claim?utm_source=nl-politics-daily-012417

And yes, he's still tweeting from his other account.

Congratulations to @FoxNews for being number one in inauguration ratings. They were many times higher than FAKE NEWS @CNN - public is smart!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/824078417213747200

Big day planned on NATIONAL SECURITY tomorrow. Among many other things, we will build the wall!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/824083821889015809

KEEP UP THE PRESSURE

Rayis

I'm starting to doubt he's going to last the 4 years if his first week in the presidency is any indication

Woorloog

Banned
Huh. Perhaps he can be annoyed enough for him to get removed. With news like this, "Trump is thin skinned".
Of course, things always get a bit worse before they get better, Trump might lose his sanity completely (though considering his tweets, that might have happened already), and that may have... unpleasant effects.

Geist-

Good, I hope he suffers during his entire term. Maybe his own instability will prove the the case for impeachment among the GOP.

Juice

Yet more evidence that he entered the race so he could feel like a winner. Now that he's won, all this negative attention seems bizarre. He won! Time to praise him! Time to finally feel like he belongs in this world that rejected him!

Nope.

Ogn08.gif

Shaanyboi

Banned
The bad press over the weekend has not allowed Trump to "enjoy" the White House as he feels he deserves, according to one person who has spoken with him.

Does he think he won a fucking prize?

He's going to have a psychotic break. The question is if someone can take the codes from him before that happens. His personality disorder will come to a head eventually

hawk2025

The pressure may be working -- if not to flip disgusting, sold-out Republicans, at least to destabilize Trump.

It must continue. Unwavering.

deadbeef

So when he has a mental break, is that the moment that everything is going to hit the fan? I feel like we are on the brink. I really hope there isn't a terrorist attack or mass shooting anytime soon. I feel like we are standing in a room full of gasoline...

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
He's going to have a psychotic break. The question is if someone can take the codes from him before that happens. His personality disorder will come to a head eventually

Hopefully he'll kill himself, not others, if he's inclined to violence.

I don't give a FUCK how what I said sounds. Fuck him.

everyone should send him long ass fan letters praising him for several paragraphs and then right at the end be like lol just kidding you're a fucking soulless monster. he'd probably break stuff.

dunno if he can actually read tho.

ColdPizza

Banned
This is the guy who would get up early every morning to scan multiple newspapers for his mentions. He's absolutely going to keep doing this.

Valhelm

contribute something
This makes me a little bit hopeful. If Trump is really so insecure about his win, the "illegal votes" lie might not be a pretext for voter suppression as others have suggested.

There was some thread yesterday about a WaPo article saying the same stuff. The thing is we've been reading these kinds of things about him being tires, overwhelmed and insecure for more than a year now. What exactly is the point? To prevent us from forgetting?

Azuran

Banned
I wonder what it's like knowing no one actually respects you. It's pathetic how obsessed he is with trying to make himself look good.

He should get together with Assad and discuss the finer points of improving media appearance while fucking over a country.

I hope the media continues to troll the living shit out him and his supply.

You know what Trump: People would approve of you if you didn't say and appoint people who show you don't care about a large portion of your constituents.

Got

Banned
The most positive thing out of this whole mess are the marches and the fact that this orange, fascist, shriveled cunt lip, can't let anything go and is exasperated by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom