• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparently, bots are being used to promote Star Wars Outlaws

LectureMaster

Gold Member

This one is killing me, lmfao. My man Musk needs to try harder on cleansing bots on X.

GUP3zDcWMAAH4_U

Based on this one we know where some of the marketing money went.

R6Rider

Gold Member
That's crazy that they would do that!

Personally I think we should all look forward to Star Wars Outlaws later this year. :messenger_grinning: I can't wait to explore the galaxy and go on an adventure as Kay Vess. May the force be with me on this adventure and who knows what awaits!🪐

Last edited:

Frwrd

That's crazy that they would do that!

Personally I think we should all look forward to Star Wars Outlaws later this year. :messenger_grinning: I can't wait to explore the galaxy and go on an adventure as Kay Vess. May the force be with me on this adventure and who knows what awaits!🪐
Better start practicing my blaster skills! Yay! 😂🤣

Quantum253

Gold Member
Dead Internet Theory the thread. Bots are everywhere, from almost every review you read to random comments on every social media site. Doesn't surprise me, but they are mostly easy to spot. Just as you seen yesterday with the paid "Disneyland" sponsorships, reviews are already bought and paid

MiguelItUp

Everyone does this and Twitter at this point isn't even humans interacting with each other.

That platform is basically destroyed at this point guys.
I'm honestly surprised big brands even bother with it. But then again, they've had profiles for awhile and they're just hanging on until the next big thing happens. But I feel like that's closer than further away at this point. Especially with the changes that are coming. It practically eliminates the engagement portion of what Twitter was in the first place. It's such a mess, the bots won, lol.

terminator GIF

night13x

Star Wars Outlaws has reached critically aclaimed levels of success that only games like Elden Ring can dream of achiveing. With world class next gen art, drama, story, and action along with music perforced by the best musicians.

(error processing next generated text)

(process closed)

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
they are using technology to their advantage. Nothing wrong with it.

Deception?

They're using bots to spread fake praise and hype, with the goal that people will think it's natural and then buy the game.

How is this not wrong, or am I horribly out of touch with reality?

Soodanim

It's so commonplace now that it's easy to forget exactly what this is.

Companies are abusing social media, an idea about connecting people worldwide, by making thousands of fake accounts to pretend what they want to sell is worth buying.

We all know social media is largely little more than a cancer on society, but it doesn't make it any less shitty that companies are so willing to shit up anything and everything for a small boost to their marketing.

Last edited:

DryvBy

I imagine that the majority of twitter is just bots interacting with each other at this point.

NeoGAF is the only place where you can exist and not be braindead or a bot.

def main(): try: # Code to generate tweets tweet = "Having a great time interacting with everyone!" print(tweet) except: print("Error: Bot malfunction detected! 🤖 Having a great time though! 😄")# Simulating code executionmain()

Top Bottom