• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparently, bots are being used to promote Star Wars Outlaws

Frwrd

Some of those bots, though.
50s boy would i GIF

China better hurry the fuck up with them androids 😂

The_hunter

NeoGAF is the only place where you can exist and not be braindead or a bot.

def main(): try: # Code to generate tweets tweet = "Having a great time interacting with everyone!" print(tweet) except: print("Error: Bot malfunction detected! 🤖 Having a great time though! 😄")# Simulating code executionmain()

What language is this?

Last edited:
If you're dense enough to think any hot chick is excited about anything about Star Wars, there's no helping you. It's your own fault you're this gullible.

Shin-Ra

Requiring an internet connection for installation allows developers to easily implement anti-piracy measures, protecting their intellectual property. Online installation enables developers to quickly distribute game updates and patches, ensuring players have the latest version and addressing any issues promptly. Would a bot say cunt?

FunkMiller

Gold Member
This one is killing me, lmfao. My man Musk needs to try harder on cleansing bots on X.

Xitter is basically fucking useless these days thanks to all the bots. Virtually impossible to get any actual information out of it these days. Absolute toilet.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Anyone know when social botting happened. Pretty sure it wasnt a topic way back when FB/Twitter etc.... all got up and running in mid 2000s. Or maybe its always been around from day one, but only discussed more hardcore the past bunch of years?

Muffdraul

I swear to god, it's like Ubisoft holds a meeting every quarter to figure out how they can commit their biggest PR boner yet.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone know when social botting happened. Pretty sure it wasnt a topic way back when FB/Twitter etc.... all got up and running in mid 2000s. Or maybe its always been around from day one, but only discussed more hardcore the past bunch of years?

Paasei

Easy to spot. No random person would write like that. Especially on Twitter. It’s too high level for most users vocabulary wise. Also the lack of retarded emoji’s.

Ribi

Wow, can't wait to explore the galaxy count me in. I need to work on my blaster skills and with Massive behind this you know it is going to be a hit.

Last edited:

Neon Xenon

It's one thing to advertise a game on social media, but feeling a need to resort to bots implies a lack of confidence, or desperation in this game — especially for a game attached to an IP that's still as big as Star Wars.

...But then, maybe Ubisoft is aware that Star Wars has had a bit of a "brand problem" as of late.

Personally, if you have to rely on bots to post mediocre comments and replies in favor of an upcoming game because you're not confident about it selling on its own merits, then I'm not confident that I should engage with the game at all.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's one thing to advertise a game on social media, but feeling a need to resort to bots implies a lack of confidence, or desperation in this game — especially for a game attached to an IP that's still as big as Star Wars.

...But then, maybe Ubisoft is aware that Star Wars has had a bit of a "brand problem" as of late.

Personally, if you have to rely on bots to post mediocre comments and replies in favor of an upcoming game because you're not confident about it selling on its own merits, then I'm not confident that I should engage with the game at all.
No doubt. It's similar to when our company releases some new products. Funny how the marketing manager will chime in asking if people in the office can do a 5 star review on Amazon or whatever websites to boost it up.

1. Interesting that the request goes for products that are shit and not really selling.

2. Everyone rolls their eyes when they hear that. Fuck off marketing manager. Come up with a good product with R&D or dont do it at all. Were a giant company. We shouldnt resort to doing dumb shit like this.

For those of you who only think slimy marketing depts only try to screw over you the consumer. Partly true. They even screw over coworkers. It happens all the time. They come up with prototype samples and all the specs of a product. Sounds good, sales team sells it in. A year later when the final products are made and shipped over in skids, someone in Q&A opens a box to check it out and pass it around the office. They are different! Final form is totally different. it might be the same weight or ml, but the shape and label way different. WTF? Sales team goes back to marketing manager... what happened? Marketing manager, ya we decided to change the shape in final production. Sales team.... well thanks for telling us fucknuts.

And funny how the final version of things are never better. It's either the same or surprisingly worse. I have never seen a final version where everyone was like.... Wow. The final tweak you did with the factory you never told anyone about is way better.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This is what they mean when they said gaming companies will need to utilize AI. They’re making a fake audience to praise their product. 🤮

Top Bottom