• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 5S | OT |

I am, but mainly because 16GB of storage just isn't working for me anymore. Going the full 64GB this time.

Honestly, if not for that, I probably wouldn't be upgrading, since my contract isn't up until next year. But if you're eligible for an upgrade, why not?

I have a 32 gb 5 and would get a 32 gb 5S. I'm eligible for AT&T's early upgrade pricing that would get me one for $549, but I can dump my 5 for $400-$450 so it wouldn't be that much out of pocket. I would just repeat the process again next year when the 6 comes out.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm torn. I was deciding between Space Grey or Silver, so I'm not really too concerned about color. I live in a relatively small town so I'm not too concerned about not being able to get one in the morning. But I'll be pissed if I get up early and strike out. I could stay up and order but I'd like to get the new phone ASAP. Sucks.

Red Comet

Does anybody know from experience with this sort of stuff that if I go into the Verizon store tomorrow and they don't have any in stock, would they be able to order me one right in the store? I'm starting a new plan with somebody else and want them to set it all up for me.

Does anybody know from experience with this sort of stuff that if I go into the Verizon store tomorrow and they don't have any in stock, would they be able to order me one right in the store? I'm starting a new plan with somebody else and want them to set it all up for me.

I assume you would be able to do that.

Red Comet

I assume you would be able to do that.

Yeah, I was just thinking about that, and I don't see any reason why thy wouldn't be able to do that. I'm alright doing that if they don't have any in stock, because I don't need to have it tomorrow, though that would be nice.

Yeah, I'm ordering on Sprint's website because of the extra discounts but I'd love to have it tomorrow. Ah well, I've waited a long time to update my 4, another few days/week isn't going to hurt. Had a 4 since a few days after the AT&T launch, and then a Verizon version the day it launched.

LEGGZZZZ

I'm a android user, but good luck to everyone ordering. Never knew buying a new iPhone was like buying a new pair of air jordans. Was going to get my sister one, but I think I'll pass for now.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Do we have any idea when these bad boys are gonna ship assuming 3AM orders? And when carriers will start selling them?

Can you order carrier locked iPhones from the Apple store online?

Still thinking if I should order from Apple (starts at 12:01am tonight) or Fido.ca (no idea when this one starts, anyone know?). Maybe I should just go early in the morning and line up at a physical store.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
e746630e21af11e3998822000a1fbc5d_7.jpg

キタ━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ッ

32GB Space Grey from Softbank. I didn't know Docomo had exclusives on the other colours for day 1 lol. Oh well.

Fingerprint thing works pretty well.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Can you order carrier locked iPhones from the Apple store online?

Still thinking if I should order from Apple (starts at 12:01am tonight) or Fido.ca (no idea when this one starts, anyone know?). Maybe I should just go early in the morning and line up at a physical store.
You can order any carrier specific iphone from the apple store as well as unlocked phones.

krpiper

Well this is inconvenient, Verizon wont let you change the shipping and billing address :/

Its unfortunate as I moved to school, but I guess it will go to my folk's house...

You can order any carrier specific iphone from the apple store as well as unlocked phones.

Sweet, I must just do that then. Not sure how my Fido dollars will work online, want to apply those too. I want to go to a local shop to test my luck as well in the morning to see if I can get a 5s, but not sure what happens if I ordered online already from Apple.ca (the system might not let me get another one in stores even if my Apple.ca order has not shipped yet?).

paparazzo

Damn it. I have to be up for work in six hours. Doesn't seem worth to stay up just to have to wait for 10 more days. But then I don't want to wait a month either. Screw it, I value my sleep more.

subrock

If anyone here finds this kind of thing useful

Code:
#!/bin/bash

while :
do
	clear
	echo -e "Checking apple store...n"
	curl -I http://store.apple.com/us
	sleep 5
done

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
It's 6:29am, the Apple Store guys are going down the queue handing out reservation tickets. Everyone is going for gold!

Edit : 20 people down the queue and they've ran out of gold. So yes, even the bigger Apple stores have scant amounts.

Rootbeer

Banned
I have a cracked 4S.... I could get a new 4S for 99 cents or a 5S for $200... Tough call.

you're joking, right? Always get the latest. Always. Worth the money in the long run. $200 ain't shit when we're talking about having to carry this device around for 24 months minimum.

Shearie

I plan on going to the Apple Store nearest me right when it opens tomorrow for a 5s and I really hope barely anyone will be there.

Anyone here ever buy an iPhone at launch at the Apple Store in Gilbert Arizona? If so, were there insane lines?

I'm hoping 5am at a carrier's store near here will cut it. They open at 8am.

I have to believe every Apple Store will have crazy lines. Have you ever seen a quiet Apple Store at any time of day? lol

DAMNIT!!!!! :(

you're joking, right? Always get the latest. Always. Worth the money in the long run. $200 ain't shit when we're talking about having to carry this device around for 24 months minimum.

Yep. That's what you have to think about. You're probably going to have it for 2 years, might as well make it good. As much as I use my phone, it's worth it to me to have the latest phone whenever I can.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't get it... When the fuck is Sweden getting this?! There's NOTHING on their site that allows me to buy it.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Since in the past year I've fully embraced iTunes Match, iTunes Radio has become a thing, and I got an iPad Mini (which houses most of my larger games/apps) I've tried to whittle down my 32 gig to fit into a 16 gig.

13 gigs used, now. Damn, I dunno if/where I can spare some more, and I'd hate to be in the brink of constantly worrying about space. Phooey.

Edit: AT&T's site has a countdown. Guess they'll be selling them at 3AM, too.

That's really stupid if true that carriers won't be getting any white or gold models. I was looking forward to upgrading tomorrow but if they only have black i'll just wait a few weeks.

Top Bottom