• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 5S | OT |

Cr0wn0

Went to the AT&T store today but they are having issues with their computers I guess and have an entire store full of iPhone's they cant sell. Hopefully it fixes itself in the morning and I can pick mine up.

Vyer

Anybody seeing a slight shift sometimes when you are returning to the home screen? It's very fast and doesn't happen to often but I didn't notice it on my 5.

ramyeon

When I was buying the case at the Apple store, I was tossing up between Blue and Black. The guy said I had 2 weeks to bring it back if I didn't like it, so you can try one out for a bit and if you don't like it, swap it over.
Great! Might take the dive and go for the brown then.
Anybody seeing a slight shift sometimes when you are returning to the home screen? It's very fast and doesn't happen to often but I didn't notice it on my 5.
I get it on my 5 and have had it since the beta as well, seems like it's a bug in the parallax.

mcfrank

Is there a support group for people who don't want to use a case? This is my first iPhone, and as much as I don't want to learn the hard way, I don't want to get a case for this thing.

I have had an OG iPhone, a 3G, a 4 and a 5 and never put a case on any of them. A couple of minor scratches but no other problems.

What's everyone's Home button sound like? I notice this one has more of a click to it than my wife's 5. It's sturdy and feels good just clicks more.

Vyer

Yep, I have found the same thing.

Great! Might take the dive and go for the brown then.

I get it on my 5 and have had it since the beta as well, seems like it's a bug in the parallax.

That's just iPhone readjusting its wallpaper position. Just turn on "reduce motion"

See, I never saw it on my 5. Strange. Not a big deal as it really doesn't slow anything down and I figured it was Parallax related. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't just my phone. Thanks.

Btw iPhone 5s's are all sold out on the apple website. Congrats to those who got one and enjoy. I sure am in love with it after having to experience glitchy and laggy Android package on the s3

Koodo

Banned
The lightning connector seems to be flimsy garbage. Accidentally jerked it a bit and the connection collapsed. THANK THE LORD I wasn't restoring at the time.

Aside from THAT, crying at the magnificence of this phone. Didn't expect the fingerprint sensor to blow me away so much. It's so fucking convenient.

Red Comet

I like how you can set it up to recognize multiple fingerprints, so theoretically you could do it for every one of your fingers. I've only configured it for both of my thumbs.

tsumineko

I like how you can set it up to recognize multiple fingerprints, so theoretically you could do it for every one of your fingers. I've only configured it for both of my thumbs.

I think there is a limit of 5 prints. It seemed to stop letting me add them after that.

cube444

No n4 for Verizon. I could've gotten the moto x but fuck it man, iOS is just better at a lot of things and I always caught myself using my old iPhone 3G when I had my S3. Feel like I'm home again with the 5s

Glad you like it man. I went from 3GS to N4 and haven't looked back. Still love my ipad 3 though.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
m8Cp5PI.png

FItTjRG.png

gkyxj7t.png

All models all colors now pushed to october shipping.

Ninja Dom

120 FPS video

I haven't got my 5S yet but I've ordered it. Here's a question for those that have it.

When recording in slow-mo the phone records at 120fps and then afterwards you edit in the slow-mo section.

Can you just edit in a slow-mo section that is incredibly short in length (or no slow-mo section at all) and just be left with a great video running at 120fps?

It would be amazing just shooting 120fps videos all the time.

Also is there a maximum length a slow-mo video can be?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
120 FPS video

I haven't got my 5S yet but I've ordered it. Here's a question for those that have it.

When recording in slow-mo the phone records at 120fps and then afterwards you edit in the slow-mo section.

Can you just edit in a slow-mo section that is incredibly short in length (or no slow-mo section at all) and just be left with a great video running at 120fps?

It would be amazing just shooting 120fps videos all the time.

Also is there a maximum length a slow-mo video can be?
Its just a slider. You can play the whole video back in slow motion or any portion you want.

There doesn't seem to be an limitation on minimum or maximum slow mo section size.

Red Comet

I think there is a limit of 5 prints. It seemed to stop letting me add them after that.

Ah, okay. Both thumbs and both indexes would probably be all that I'd use to unlock it anyway though. I'm loving being able to use Touch ID in the iTunes/App stores rather than having to type out my password.

I really like it, but I don't think the leather will be very rugged, we'll see. The case will definitely protect the phone though, I can't even figure out how to get the phone out of the case lol. So no chance of it popping out when dropped I think.

It definitely feels like an expensive case. I'm surprised Apple released a real leather case at this price, I would have thought they would be more expensive.

I bought the red leather case and have the space gray.

I feel the opposite. It feels cheap and flimsy. I'm coming from a Spigpen case.

Also, my wifi isn't working right now. The same thing happened with the 5 when I got it close to launch.

And restoring from backup didn't restore my apps, doh.

I won't lie so far the experience is fingerprint reader and the camera are the big improvements (can't really interpret a size alb difference in processing power).

O2 told me to be in on Monday afternoon for my delivery but it came today before 8 just so you know O2 people

Need to decide on a case soon I like the idea of a wallet case this time for full protection

Any experiences with them?

nikos

Anyone know how to get slow motion video onto YouTube? When I transfer to my Mac, it plays at normal speed. Same when I upload directly from the YouTube Capture app.

EDIT: Uploading directly from Camera Roll works, go figure.

Cheech

Same :(

Apple is clearly sending stock to stores to generate queues for PR sake, while people who order online are treated as second tier customers.

I ordered online and honestly I don't mind delayed gratification. Those peeps have to deal with long lines, hanging out forever in the store, etc...

That said, I ordered from Verizon, not Apple. I should get my phone late next week.

God damn, it's hard to believe how much demand there is for the gold 5S. The local exporters here are paying $700-$800 OVER RETAIL specifically for the gold one.

I should have bought more gold ones and less grey/silver :(

Juice

So AT&T just bumped up my upgrade pricing date to *today*, so I missed the launch yesterday and now the 5s is sold out.

Fantastic.

Is it at all possible that Apple's stores will receive a restock today?

Blackhead

Redarse
So AT&T just bumped up my upgrade pricing date to *today*, so I missed the launch yesterday and now the 5s is sold out.

Fantastic.

Is it at all possible that Apple's stores will receive a restock today?

If you're looking for SpaceGrey then it's possible. I stopped by an Apple Store yesterday afternoon and they still had 32GB/64GB Space Greys in stock. Or you could leave the ranks of the snobbish enthusiasts and get a 5c instead ;)

Juice

If you're looking for SpaceGrey then it's possible. I stopped by an Apple Store yesterday afternoon and they still had 32GB/64GB Space Greys in stock. Or you could leave the ranks of the snobbish enthusiasts and get a 5c instead ;)

Cross your fingers for me. Driving in now

tsumineko

iPhone 5S is my first 4G phone. The 3G speeds are already pretty great, so I'm wondering if turning off 4G and just using 3G will save my battery life?

tsumineko

iPhone 5S is my first 4G phone. The 3G speeds are already pretty great, so I'm wondering if turning off 4G and just using 3G will save my battery life?

*reasking for new page :)

Top Bottom