• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 5S | OT |

ecurbj

Looks good but it is definitely not for me. The black one is much sleeker in my opinion.
+1

Yeah. I don't see the appeal at all. The Space Grey and Silver/White are the best looking ones by far. Plus, I expect a lot of those that get the Gold ones probably won't show it off because it will be wrapped up in a bulky case because their afraid it might fall.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Does TouchID save you from re-entering any saved passwords?
Right now it is only for apple purchases and unlocking. Hoping soon we get an update that at least gives us keychain access. Maybe that will occur when they bring the keychain back from the dead. It was in the beta but gone now.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
how much is the 5s 16gig gold without a contract? I don't want to give up my unlimited data plan with Verizon

ramyeon

Why has no one looked at the link I posted? There's a workaround to pretty much seamlessly get gmail pushed.
This worked for me to get them pushed but when I send emails or replies it still sends from my @icloud.com account despite setting it up to send from @gmail.com and following those instructions exactly.

MThanded

Why didn't nike release the app for the m7 ont he app store. I really wanted to try it out when working out tommorow. And compare it to my fitbit.

Eiolon

Anyone downgrade their screen size to get this phone? Happy with the change? I am thinking about giving up my Note II for it.

Sprint updated their chart to separate the Gold from the Grey/Silver 5S. Grey/Silver is still at up to 3 weeks, while Gold is at 4-6 weeks.

eVqMHnk.jpg

MThanded

icloud restore is jacked.

So many apps still say waiting. This is apparently a problem others have seen. I can't delete the apps or run them.

MThanded

Best Buy I went to had handfuls of Sprint iPhones. Almost a guarantee to get one at any point today.
Yeah overabundance at my best buy too.

Sprint retail stores are the worst place to get the sprint iphone 5s. Sad times lol.

Appleman

Looks good but it is definitely not for me. The black one is much sleeker in my opinion.

I'm glad apple made gold look good because i detest gold. Really should be called champagne.

Honestly, I expected it to be nice looking based on their website shots, but when I went into the store and played with it, I immediately regretted my space grey phone. The gold looks incredible, and very subtle

MThanded

Honestly, I expected it to be nice looking based on their website shots, but when I went into the store and played with it, I immediately regretted my space grey phone. The gold looks incredible, and very subtle
I dislike gold anything. Gold phone looks pretty good but it does not fit me at all.

I'm a black and grey kind of dude. Not a white a gold or white and silver.

I understand the appeal but it just doesn't appeal to me personally.

Appleman

I dislike gold anything. Gold phone looks pretty good but it does not fit me at all.

I'm a black and grey kind of dude. Not a white a gold or white and silver.

I understand the appeal but it just doesn't appeal to me personally.

I feel that, I just couldn't believe how understated it looked in person

Yeah. They claim to have LTE around here, I'm curious how it'll actually work. Any current Sprint users have comment on their service?

It's awful. Avoid at all cost. Doesn't compare to AT&T or Verizon, in my personal experience.

That's pretty disheartening if that's accurate. Also, I think someone made mention of a way to reduce the price by another 50 when going through sprint?

If you sign on to Sprint's One Up plan, they waive the first month's payment for your phone and reduce the price of your bill by $15.

Draper

It's awful. Avoid at all cost. Doesn't compare to AT&T or Verizon, in my personal experience.

If you sign on to Sprint's One Up plan, they waive the first month's payment for your phone and reduce the price of your bill by $15.

Can I get these deals at a best buy?

Not entirely. In my area, a ton of it isn't filled in at all. It also says I should be getting full bars of Verizon coverage and my phone loses signal all the time.

All I can attest is that it's accurate for me. It's community reported and some people filled it out in my area before I started using it.

I live a metro of 400k people; it's the only major metropolitan area in my state that hasn't had LTE officially deployed by Sprint; Sprint announces LTE deployment when 50% of a city is covered. In my case, Sprint's map says 3G coverage is stronger than it is and Sensorly's data shows the partial deployment of LTE (around 25%).

Can I get these deals at a best buy?

I have no idea. I know you can at a Sprint store and on their website.

Dishwalla

Banned
Do they only sell those leather cases at Apple Stores? I want to get one of the black ones but the Apple Store here only has the brown ones.

Quick

Banned
Anybody going case-less?

I didn't have a case for my older 4S (got it replaced due to a defect), and aside from a not-too-noticeable scratch on the band, it looked pretty good. The only protection I had for it was a screen protector, and that's what I currently have on my newer 4S.

Deku Tree

Ordered the white/silver 5S 64GB at 3:07 AM.
Normal shipping.
Delivery estimate Sept. 30 - Oct. 1.
Sounds good to me.

Biked by the Philly Apple store at about noon, and saw a block long line. No thanks.

Looking forward to the TouchID.

Epix

Got in line at my local Apple store around 7:40 am this morning (20 minutes before open). Left about three hours later with a 16GB Space Grey 5S. Not too shabby.

anandtech said it got scuffy after a week.

attachment.php

i think it would actually look ok.... but on different color.

It's completely baffling to me that Apple cannot make a product that doesn't show wear. iPhone 5? Paint chips off around the edges. This new case? The finish apparently wears off around the edges. WTF? They should make something that absolutely, positively, DOES NOT show its age.

It's completely baffling to me that Apple cannot make a product that doesn't show wear. iPhone 5? Paint chips off around the edges. This new case? The finish apparently wears off around the edges. WTF? They should make something that absolutely, positively, DOES NOT show its age.

You're going to notice that on any leather or faux leather material, most likely.

Red Comet

Anybody going case-less?

I didn't have a case for my older 4S (got it replaced due to a defect), and aside from a not-too-noticeable scratch on the band, it looked pretty good. The only protection I had for it was a screen protector, and that's what I currently have on my newer 4S.

I'm only caseless until Monday when mine arrives, but I'm even nervous until then. I just don't like the thought of it going in and out of my pocket without a little more protection. Though rather than going full blown Otterbox Defender/Commuter this time I'm going minmalist with this case:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A9LVC2K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I hope that offers enough protection. I'll be using a screen protector as well.

kingocfs

Anybody going case-less?

I think I'm going to just try rolling with a wood back, no screen protector. I've never broken a cell phone before, granted I've always used a case, but now that I have typed out those words it will probably shatter into a million pieces the next time I pick it up.

RDreamer

Anybody going case-less?

I might. I'll have to see what cheaper protectors I can find. I got 3 years with my 4 without hurting it... then I did drop it while drunk and caused one crack. But hey that was after 3 years.

VPhys

Just picked up 16gb grey at a Verizon store. Fucking ridiculous wait which was apparently being caused by everyone and their mother activating phones at once. And by ridiculous wait, I mean that there was still a line at noon and it took me ~45 minutes.

Luckily, I was able to convince them not to make me activate in store, so now I'm sitting at work waiting for people to start leaving so I can activate it and play with it.

45 minutes isn't bad

It took me that long to get a Galaxy S4, and I bought it full price non-subsidized at a Verizon store in CA. That was about 20 minutes waiting to be served and another 25 minutes to "activate" or whatever the hell they do. Geez I just wanted to walk in there, pay $700 pop my micro sim card in the new phone and walk out.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I just have one question. How is the camera compared to the other high end smart phones? Looking to make an upgrade soon and of course the 5S is in the running.

Top Bottom