• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 5S | OT |

Man, my battery life is terrible. I used the extreme tech tips and this thing drains a percent a minute.

Also just like the last 2 launches, wifi sucks, making it difficult to do a full restore (which is also draining my battery).

The case sucks too. People are going to need to replace them because they're flimsy.

Positive. Fast performance. Fingerprint log in.

Squash

Was trying real hard to hold out for the 6 but couldn't even last a day lol. Picked up a 16gb space gray from TMobile last night, which still had a good handful before closing. Too bad I have to wait till Tuesday for a screen protector now.

Anyone get the brown leather case? Interested in seeing some real world shots of it. (Saw the Anandtech pics)

aparisi2274

Went to my local Mall today with zero intention on getting a 5s (I have it preordered from apple) and as I pass the Apple Store I see the manager outside handing out tickets, so I ask if they have any, and he says "We have 32 and 64gb Space Gray AT&T, would you like one?" I tell him yes, I get in line, I cancel my online order via the Apple app, and now I am at home setting it up.

:)

I am trying to talk myself to replacing my HTC one but from a specs standpoint it does not make sense. The phone is outright beautiful though. I'll just save and buy an unsubsidized one.

I left ios for Android. Bought an S4. Screen size means nothing when there's nothing to put on the screen.

IPhone 5s ordered.

Never tried to get an iPhone at launch. What are my chances of walking into a store and getting one? Is the Apple store my best bet, or an AT&T store? I walked by an AT&T last night and they told me they would get a shipment today, but when I asked again, there was no such thing, according to another guy. Uhg.

tsumineko

Serious question: are you a male? I think the color combination looks great and the emphasis on white in iOS7 makes me want to switch to a white 5S, but I can't help feeling that it's feminine and I probably wouldn't be able to rock it.

Dude come on, just do what you want. Yes, I'm male, and no, colours don't have genders!

The hardest transition coming from Android is with the mobile neogaf, lol. I get to the bottom of the screen and I want to press the up arrow to get to the top and that not the fastest way any more.

DarkFlow

Banned
For me? Not at all.

For others I'm sure. S4 is a great phone and love Android itself but a lot of what I want is on ioS. I always wondered about the other side... found out and I'm ready to come home.

So you're saying, having rows of icons is better then adding widgets, or having nothing there at all. Got ya.

Deku Tree

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-21/apple-s-iphone-crowds-signal-record-debut-for-handsets.html

"Sales for the iPhone 5s and 5c started yesterday with crowds in Sydney and extended through stores in the U.S., Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore and the U.K. In London, the line at the Regent Street Apple store stretched for a mile.

The demand has analysts predicting Apple will sell 6 million to 7.75 million iPhones over the weekend, topping last year’s debut-weekend record of 5 million."

zomg.

giga

Anyone's Apple order ship yet? Mine says still processing.
Just changed to this. Ordered right at 3AM eastern.

7A1i+

So you're saying, having rows of icons is better then adding widgets, or having nothing there at all. Got ya.

I'm saying I prefer the iPhone experience over the Android experience and that it is better for me.

I think it's great to have two mobile OSes that have large bases of passionate users.

LCfiner

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-21/apple-s-iphone-crowds-signal-record-debut-for-handsets.html

"Sales for the iPhone 5s and 5c started yesterday with crowds in Sydney and extended through stores in the U.S., Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore and the U.K. In London, the line at the Regent Street Apple store stretched for a mile.

The demand has analysts predicting Apple will sell 6 million to 7.75 million iPhones over the weekend, topping last year’s debut-weekend record of 5 million."

zomg.

from the story:

“Tim Cook is now finally treating China as important as the U.S.,” said Tony Yu, 28. The local government bureaucrat woke up at 2 a.m. and drove more than 300 kilometers (186 miles) from Qinhuangdao to be at the Beijing store by 6 a.m. “It costs me about one month’s pay, but it’s worth it.”

I like my iphone but, holy shit, it really isn’t worth a month’s pay.

Timbuktu

zomg.

The 5 didn't exactly set the world on fire and even Galaxy launch of the S4 was a bit ho hum. Honestly thought the reaction would be more lukewarm when there the chasis is still the same.

Trying hard to hold out for 6.

tsumineko

Yep. I refuse to pay $100 for 16GB of flash memory. (See John Siracusa's rant on this on ATP.)

I don't store any videos on device. I don't play any games. Most of my photos I offload to Dropbox with its camera upload feature. Music is really the main space hog on device. Right now I have iTunes transcode them to 128kbps AAC, but I might renew iTunes match if T-Mobile's LTE network improves.

I almost bought a 32 but they had sold out, so I got the 16. I'm so happy I did, I have everything I want on it and I still have 8.5gig available.

My Verizon Wireless order just charged my credit card and the expected ship date has disappeared. Wonder if that means it will be shipping soon!

Yep. I refuse to pay $100 for 16GB of flash memory. (See John Siracusa's rant on this on ATP.)

I don't store any videos on device. I don't play any games. Most of my photos I offload to Dropbox with its camera upload feature. Music is really the main space hog on device. Right now I have iTunes transcode them to 128kbps AAC, but I might renew iTunes match if T-Mobile's LTE network improves.

For me my Rdio account is worth it alone for not having to store music. I likewise use Dropbox for offloading photos. And don't really store any video, short if what I've shot.

Cr0wn0

My local AT&T store had a few 16gb left when I picked mine up this morning. My dad went to the verizon store and they had about 40 black 32gb in stock. This is in Mesa AZ. AT&T said they were expecting another shipment Tuesday and Verizon said the same.

After playing around with a 5S at the apple store today I can say that it's a very nice phone and the performance boost compared to my 4 was apparent in the little webpage-loading test I did, but I'll probably hold out until the iPhone 6/Galaxy 5/whatever. I just feel like the jump in technology is a touch shy of what would really compel me to feel like my 4 is outdated.

Red Comet

Never tried to get an iPhone at launch. What are my chances of walking into a store and getting one? Is the Apple store my best bet, or an AT&T store? I walked by an AT&T last night and they told me they would get a shipment today, but when I asked again, there was no such thing, according to another guy. Uhg.

I walked in around 4 PM yesterday and was able to get one at the Verizon store, though it was one of the last ones they had. It seems to me that when the original iPhone released I was able to walk in a few days after release and get one.

Magnus

I'm so fucking in love with this phone and iOS 7. It all just feels like such futuristic sex in my hands. Buttery smooth transitions, insane browsing speed, elegant fingerprint integration... Just wow. Coming from an iPhone 4 (truly a beautiful thing in its own time), this is just marvellous. Love it.

Is anyone else still swiping and entering passcode to unlock? After six years, I can't help but to do it out of habit.

All the time. Haha

Lining up for 3 hours was totally worth it. I can't believe I nearly decided to wait months, or even weeks for this beauty. Truth told, I could have shown up right at 8am instead of 5am at the Rogers store and still had one by 10am, but it was neat to walk out of the store first with one in hand.

Ok, seriously though; how do I share or export slow mo video? There must be a way...

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The phone I ordered from Apple store for my GF is now getting ready to ship.

Loving my space gray.

9WoG4Ja.png

Top Bottom