• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Deku Tree

I am getting the feeling from reading this thread that the time your order was placed does not always determine your estimated ship date...

blitz64

I am getting the feeling from reading this thread that the time your order was placed does not always determine your estimated ship date...

It is first come first serve. time order does affect estimate ship date.

There are difference between if you order 6 or 6+
16gb or 64gb. color matters as well.
ordering at at&t or apple.com matters.

Factor all that in and I don't see anyone cutting in line in front of me for that exact 6+ silver 16gb model at at&t.

Enco

This has never, ever happened to me. You must have one hell of an intensive workout tracker.

Edit: I have Safari w/ 3 tabs, Messages, Mail, Twitter, Facebook, App Store, Evernote, Music (playing) and the Destiny app. None of them refresh when I switch to them. Destiny app has a 3D render displaying too.
Really?

I don't know what the problem is then.

Either way, I want more RAM. No reason not to have it.

A yearly microarchitecture change is asking a lot. I think they're going to go with the Intel tick-tock timeline, which is much more reasonable and sound.

Of course, but I think some people had the expectation that it was going to be another big jump.

But with the transition to 20nm and switching partners (Samsung to TSMC, or at least part of the production) it was really a tall order even for Apple.

Makes perfect sense to go tick-tock from now on.

Deku Tree

It is first come first serve. time order does affect estimate ship date.

There are difference between if you order 6 or 6+
16gb or 64gb. color matters as well.
ordering at at&t or apple.com matters.

Factor all that in and I don't see anyone cutting in line in front of me for that exact 6+ silver 16gb model at at&t.

In addition to all of what you said, the location and stock levels of their closest distribution center to you may also matter. They're probably not going to ship you one from the other side of the country when they could send yours out from the distribution center 50 miles away a week later...

Dany

Banned
att preorder has changed to

"Preorder Processing
Expected Ship Date: Pending Confirmation"

so its stil lgood to go on the 19th...

I STILL haven't gotten the confirmation email from Verizon. Still shows pending and 9/19 on the orders page on the site though....so I have no idea.

I wish I just knew either way.

Rubezh

I ordered the iPhone 6 but the only accessory I'm really after is a cradle for my car. I hope Kensington come out with one similar to the one for the 4/4S.

HUELEN10

I ordered the iPhone 6 but the only accessory I'm really after is a cradle for my car. I hope Kensington come out with one similar to the one for the 4/4S.
Oh man, if you want a car mount, this is the one to get. I've been through several, and this one is the first one that truly excels IMO. It's called the Mountek nGroove Grip, and it goes in the CD Player!
1iui6fY.jpg

There is also a magnetic, slimmer variant if you wanna keep things slim. I cannot recommend these enough! They are also fairly priced.

TwIsTeD

1 month moved up for AT&T online business premier store. It should be similar to regular online at&t. I already read lots of people getting their At&T.com ship dates updated this morning Sunday.

I canceled my at&t order yesterday after it reflected the mid-late nov ship date for the 6 Plus and ordered from Apple

It seems at&ts order ship times are matching Apples at this point

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oh man, if you want a car mount, this is the one to get. I've been through several, and this one is the first one that truly excels IMO. It's called the Mountek nGroove Grip, and it goes in the CD Player!
[IM]http://i.imgur.com/1iui6fY.jpg[/IMG]
There is also a magnetic, slimmer variant if you wanna keep things slim. I cannot recommend these enough! They are also fairly priced.

Huh, seems like that would damage the player from the weight. Unless I am misunderstanding how it works

HUELEN10

Huh, seems like that would damage the player from the weight. Unless I am misunderstanding how it works
You control the tension and the load, and you don't need to use it in the player; you can use it in any crevice instead, should you have one. Basically, it holds itself to the metal in the top and bottom of the player, only the first centimeter or so. The only possible damage these things do is bend the felt guard of the player if yours is too spaced, but that it easily replaceable, or reversible.

There are tons of vids online and reviews, and people love these; i know I love mine!

Was gonna preorder the 64gb 6 in space gray, but after realizing how much I had to pay upfront I've decided to wait. If reviews and battery life are good, then ill try to buy it out right.

Yep, got the slimmer version with magnets as I was on a trip and renting a car, and renting a GPS is just absurd on price. Now my girl uses it in her car as her car didn't come with GPS(her next one will, I'll make sure of it.)

HUELEN10

Was gonna preorder the 64gb 6 in space gray, but after realizing how much I had to pay upfront I've decided to wait. If reviews and battery life are good, then ill try to buy it out right.
It's 100 USD less than a 5S a year ago for the same configuration, were you really expecting less for an off-contract phone?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You control the tension and the load, and you don't need to use it in the player; you can use it in any crevice instead, should you have one. Basically, it holds itself to the metal in the top and bottom of the player, only the first centimeter or so. The only possible damage these things do is bend the felt guard of the player if yours is too spaced, but that it easily replaceable, or reversible.

There are tons of vids online and reviews, and people love these; i know I love mine!

Cool, thanks, been looking for a mount for the past couple weeks and this one looks like it would fit the bill along with a 6 Plus

It's 100 USD less than a 5S a year ago for the same configuration, were you really expecting less for an off-contract phone?
I have to pay half up front, so its close to $400. And no, I'm glad we have a 64gb config instead of a 32gb one. It's just that the price of iPhones is quite outrageous, considering the fact that I could get a 32gb HTC one m8 unlocked for less than $600 with a 64gb sd card.

HGStormy

Banned

Well, considering a 32Gb Meizu MX4 is only $489, it does seem kind of steep.

Edit: And a 64Gb Xiaomi Mi4 is $500 if you order it through an importer, and it's way less in China.

Mononoke

Banned
Yeah so, I fully expect to get mine in mid October. Seems like there is something fishy going on with Sprint with the 6+ and their supply. Even from the moment their site went up live for pre-orders, they had the 16gb models of the 6 + being delayed with a 3-4 week shipping date. Only the iPhone 6 had release date delivery.

I wonder if only Apple directly had the bulk of 6 + for release date, and some of the carriers didn't get enough.

KevinG

The upside of using the iPhone careless is to show off its aesthetics. I don't paint anymore, and work in an office setting, so my phone will be safe 99% of the time.

If I do get a case, it needs to be something like the Dodocase Durables wallet.

HUELEN10

Lmao, I havnt seen things like that sense the early 00's.
I bought one in 2012...

The damn car I had at the time only had a CD player, no aux or tape deck, and fuck FM transmitters.

Now, I have an Aux port and a CD Player, so I have my Mountek with a power cable and a AUX cable wrapped around it so I can easily plug my phone and go!

Ovid

1iui6fY.jpg

That's pretty sweet.

HUELEN10

Aux input was a savior for me for so long.

I connect my iPhone and car via Bluetooth now.
I was considering getting a bluetooth module for my car, but then I thought what the point was...

I mean, I am already using a cable anywhere to power the thing, what is one more cable for wired audio?

So I had to order the official apple black leather case seperate and it's actually due to arrive a little later than the phone. I've ordered this to use in the short interim for 9 dollars - it will be nice to have an alternative too when I want to show off the back :p:

61Ndze-bDsL._SL1500_.jpg

Squalor

I was considering getting a bluetooth module for my car, but then I thought what the point was...

I mean, I am already using a cable anywhere to power the thing, what is one more cable for wired audio?
Yeah, a separate accessory seems excessive.

Mine just happens to be built in.

I don't know if this has been asked and answered but is there any news on the durability of the glass? I know that they aren't using sapphire but my iPhone 4 has been primarily in my pocket for 3 years now and I only have a few hairline scratches on it. My google search came up thin on the type of glass that they're using - some reports that it's probably Gorilla Glass again. I'm not interested in screen protectors for any of my apple devices.

HUELEN10

I don't know if this has been asked and answered but is there any news on the durability of the glass? I know that they aren't using sapphire but my iPhone 4 has been primarily in my pocket for 3 years now and I only have a few hairline scratches on it. My google search came up thin on the type of glass that they're using - some reports that it's probably Gorilla Glass again. I'm not interested in screen protectors for any of my apple devices.
If you were fine prior, you should still be fine, if not even better with this one. I must ask though, why not just get a screen protector (specially with those free ones posted a bit ago)? Is it that much of an eyesore? Is a few bucks not worth keeping a 650 USD phone pristine?

So I had to order the official apple black leather case seperate and it's actually due to arrive a little later than the phone. I've ordered this to use in the short interim for 9 dollars - it will be nice to have an alternative too when I want to show off the back :p:

61Ndze-bDsL._SL1500_.jpg

Yeah, that's the one I went with until I find a better case and some good case reviews come in.

Top Bottom