• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

So when can we expect hands on impressions of the 6 Plus? Would love to see some live real world use. Browsing the Internet, playing games, running apps, etc.

Something other than benchmarks.

sruckus

Oh man, if you want a car mount, this is the one to get. I've been through several, and this one is the first one that truly excels IMO. It's called the Mountek nGroove Grip, and it goes in the CD Player!

There is also a magnetic, slimmer variant if you wanna keep things slim. I cannot recommend these enough! They are also fairly priced.

I have this currently and I like it, but unfortunately it's a very bad choice in the winter with the heat on. Makes my phone super hot.

If you were fine prior, you should still be fine, if not even better with this one. I must ask though, why not just get a screen protector (specially with those free ones posted a bit ago)? Is it that much of an eyesore? Is a few bucks not worth keeping a 650 USD phone pristine?

I had one on my iphone 4 for a bit and didn't like how it dulled the colour (albeit extremely slightly). I dunno, I might give it a try again this time around.

I don't put screen protectors on any of my iPads because I use them often as sketchbooks and don't want anything getting in between my stylus and the screen.

ciD_Vain

I am getting the feeling from reading this thread that the time your order was placed does not always determine your estimated ship date...
If if makes you feel better, I placed my order of a 64GB Space Grey iPhone+ on Verizon's website at 12:04am on the 12th. I didn't get any confirmation email at all to this day and no money was pending on my account. On Verizon's website, it didn't even show any existing orders so I was afraid it never went through. Last night I called 611 and input some information about existing orders I made. Through that I was able to get my tracking number. I plugged it ino FedEx and gave me an estimated date of 9/19. I think order time does matter.

vinnay

just checked my order for a space grey iPhone 6 64gb on ATT website my shipping date went from 9/23-10/2 to 9/17-9/18! Ordered around 3:50am Friday morning. Be patient guys!

yami4ct

Anyone order the 6+ off verizon and have a estimated shipping date for Friday?

Ordered my 2 +s only a couple minutes after midnight PST. Both have "Delivery By 9/19" on the emails, but no expected shipdate on the webseite. Honestly, I probably won't be worried until late Wednesday/Early Thursday as they seem to be overnighting most of these orders (and then requesting FedEx hold them until release day).

I do...but I still haven't gotten a confirmation email nor has my status changed at all since the moment I've ordered it.

Didn't even get an email? Ow. Probably just a glitch because the system was so overloaded, but definitely bullshit. I was worried at the time it took them until 4AM to get mine out.

sruckus

Pretty excited about the leaks this year...already able to order the iPhone 6 version of my current arm band (Ionic). Nice and cheap and I can stay running with my phone easily right away. I remember having to wait a month or so with the 5 before any were available.

just checked my order for a space grey iPhone 6 64gb on ATT website my shipping date went from 9/23-10/2 to 9/17-9/18! Ordered around 3:50am Friday morning. Be patient guys!

I checked mine too in case it probably got moved up. I've also been reading of some members from MacRumors getting their orders moved up, but so far mine has stayed the same. I think I can wait, it's not big deal, plus it gives me time to find out which case I want to get since there's hardly a good selection of iPhone 6 Plus cases. :\

Terrell

So, with a bunch of my favorite wallpapers needing to be retired because people stupidly make them pixel-exact to the screen of the phone instead of future-proofing with a higher resolution image, I'll say this much...

Thank you for making a 1080x1920 screen phone before the iPhone, Samsung. It makes hunting for wallpapers SO much easier.

Marco1

I always find macrumors hilarious just after an iphone launch with all of the threads about why does my home button click funny or why does my phone have a noise when I violently shake it?

123rl

I always find macrumors hilarious

Fixed.

That forum is a joke and the blog-style bullshit - sorry, rumours - are just laughable. They'll post everything they hear and ONE part of it may possibly end up being true. That becomes the only thing people focus on and they somehow forget the 99% of stuff that turned out to be false

Cuphead

Banned
Haha.

Don't get me wrong. I'm excited for the phone. I'll be getting it day one.

But I also realize that it is still just a phone.

I completely understand, I'm a sucker for hype.

I hate how many "oh you got the wrong phone you sheep" comments i get .

Always respond, "relax, it's just a phone"

mrkgoo

Fixed.

That forum is a joke and the blog-style bullshit - sorry, rumours - are just laughable. They'll post everything they hear and ONE part of it may possibly end up being true. That becomes the only thing people focus on and they somehow forget the 99% of stuff that turned out to be false

I generally find it a really good place to find all the aggregated rumours. It's a rumour site and doesn't pretend to be anything more.

That said, of late some of the reporting has gotten much more "blog-style BS", as you put it. One particular writer actually gets in my nerves with her "style", lol.

123rl

I'll be honest and say I think the Buying Guide is very good. The forum is just impossible for me to read without my blood pressure rising. So many people are so self-entitled and have such insane expectations of a situation.

Mononoke

Banned
Welp, what a clusterfuck. So, I went to a Sprint Store, and was told that Apple didn't supply them enough 6 + to begin with, so even before midnight pre-orders went up they already had 3-4 week delay on their 6 + models. I can confirm this, as when the site went live at midnight, I noticed the shipping delay notification was there already for the 12gb 6 + models.

According to this rep, a lot of 6 + models for sprint customers are going to be mid October. What a fuckin mess.

I'm not saying this to scare anyone. If you are on Sprint and got your order in at midnight (and you didn't get the 12gb 6+ model), I think you have a very good chance of getting it on the 19th. But it seems like this carrier was really supply constrained even before the pre-orders were open. Supposedly they won't even have 6 + in store at release date. Seems like only Sprint got hit with this shit.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ended up biting the bullet and ordering a 64GB Space Gray 4.7" model. I was initially going to hold off a while, but the $200 trade-in deal AT&T was offering was too good to pass up. My confirmation email tells me it will ship in 21-35 days. I'm in no rush.

mrkgoo

I'll be honest and say I think the Buying Guide is very good. The forum is just impossible for me to read without my blood pressure rising. So many people are so self-entitled and have such insane expectations of a situation.

Internet Forums in general are a bit of a mess. I wouldn't say it's exclusive to mac rumours.

I just like that it's busy and fast paced enough that you can get quick answers.

knitoe

Damn, my 6+ order on AT&T went from 10/2-10/13 to back-ordered. Ordered before midnight PDT too.

Oh well.
Orders on 2x 128GB 6+:

1st ~11:55PM PST: 10/13-11/21 to backordered
2nd ~12:100AM PST: 11/7-11/29 to 10/13-10/21

Reading the Macrumor forum, everyone whom ordered 6+ before 12AM PST seems to have their orders change to backordered. I am taking it as a good sign that we might get ours for launch day 9/19.

Mononoke

Banned
Seems like the 6+ is very supply constrained. If you get it on the 19th, you were in the lucky group! I think a lot of people are getting hit with 2 week delays, and later if you weren't in the original midnight pre-order time.

I wonder if most of the stores will even have 6+ at the store. If they can't even come close to filling half of the pre-orders at midnight, then it seems unlikely that there will even be 6 + in physical stores (unless Apple is being lame, and decided to withold a lot of allocation to their own Apple stores).

Deku Tree

Seems like the 6+ is very supply constrained. If you get it on the 19th, you were in the lucky group! I think a lot of people are getting hit with 2 week delays, and later if you weren't in the original midnight pre-order time.

I wonder if most of the stores will even have 6+ at the store. If they can't even come close to filling half of the pre-orders at midnight, then it seems unlikely that there will even be 6 + in physical stores (unless Apple is being lame, and decided to withold a lot of allocation to their own Apple stores).

I'm sure they with-held a decent number. They want to satisfy some people who line up.

I'm sure they with-held a decent number. They want to satisfy some people who line up.

Yeah, they'll always, always hold some for the stores. Every single iPhone sells out online, and people don't queue year after year for nothing. I'd expect stock to be super limited though. Like, you'd better be in the first 10-20 in the queue at the very least.

rude

Banned
Is it possible to just walk into an Apple Store on Friday and pick up a regular 6? My parents were too slow on preordering.

Yeah, I think a good portion of them are going to Apple Stores in some shape or form. I placed my order through the Apple store app and it was 3-4 weeks to have one shipped, but it was available for me to pick up in 2 of the 3 Apple Stores around me on launch day.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I wish Gary Whitta wasn't such a big shot now. It was always fun to see him caught up in the Apple hype around here.

Animekatt

My Sprigen clear case for the 6 regular came in today (was surprised it was delivered on a Sunday).

Comparison pics to my 4s case:

iblAe5gzCPfRzJ.JPG

i8N2HCpbKAFXR.JPG

Top Bottom