• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Yeah I kinda wish there was a ship date rule or something where as long as the creator has released it, the public is allowed to buy and access it. Like when games are sitting in stores for a week because of the street date. It just would be so much easier for my impatient self if I could just have it when it's there in reach instead of told to hang on a minute for arbitrary reasons.

Because if you let it go out early you'll have a billion assholes storming Cupertino with pitchforks demanding to know why their iPhone wasn't delivered early after the shitstorm of pre-ordering on Friday morning. Better to piss off the few people who's iPhones hit stateside yesterday than enrage a large bulk of your customer base.

Husker86

Just figured out my girlfriend will be home Friday. Makes me feel better since I always sign the release form for packages with signatures since I'm never home to sign for a delivery.

Always worried I'll pull up after work and see that my package has been stolen or something.

DOWN

Banned
Because if you let it go out early you'll have a billion assholes storming Cupertino with pitchforks demanding to know why their iPhone wasn't delivered early after the shitstorm of pre-ordering on Friday morning. Better to piss off the few people who's iPhones hit stateside yesterday than enrage a large bulk of your customer base.

Ideally I'd love to just tell people in Maryland they should blame themselves for living so far from the factory that they got it later.

MCasey

No one will be home Friday, can I leave a note on the door telling them to leave it there? Or can I remove the signature requirement? I don't have an issue of it being stolen either. Dead-end street in a very good neighborhood. Then again, it's always possible.

what's the difference between these two products? it seems identical (thickness and material) and the Archshield comes with a lifetime warranty. im not sure which is the better product.

Spigen GLAS.tR SLIM - $15.99

71kpqJtHObL._SL1500_.jpg

vs

Archshield - iPhone 6 Crystal Clear Tempered Glass - $7.99
41N9HKLR9%2BL.jpg

Ninja Dom

Phones4U have gone into administration, I wonder if that'll affect iPhone 6 preorders?

I heard about this last night. Vodafone didn't want P4U selling their contracts anymore and neither did EE. That left P4U with nobody as they don't sell O2 and Three don't use Carphone Warehouse or Phones 4U at all.

The networks want to take control and do everything themselves in their own retail environments, rather than use P4U and maybe Carphone.

Absolute fucker for those who preordered the 6 or 6+ from P4U. Absolutely the worst week for the company to go into administration.

Hasney

My friend is looking to upgrade from a 4S and wants an iPhone. Plus is too big for them, so I was thinking, if the benchmarks are to believed and Apple pay isn't something they want (Probably not coming to UK at launch and NFC cards are taking off here anyway), is there any point in grabbing a 6 over a 5S? I'm trying to think of anything from the conference that sounded like a must have feature and I just can't recall anything.

Ninja Dom

My friend is looking to upgrade from a 4S and wants an iPhone. Plus is too big for them, so I was thinking, if the benchmarks are to believed and Apple pay isn't something they want (Probably not coming to UK at launch and NFC cards are taking off here anyway), is there any point in grabbing a 6 over a 5S? I'm trying to think of anything from the conference that sounded like a must have feature and I just can't recall anything.

If money is no object then get the 6. Larger screen, latest phone (obviously), faster, higher storage 64GB & 128GB, better camera.

The 5S is still a great phone though. After the 6 comes out the 5S will only be available in 16GB & 32GB. It will run iOS 8 no problem too. Has Touch ID.

Hasney

If money is no object then get the 6. Larger screen, latest phone (obviously), faster, higher storage 64GB & 128GB, better camera.

The 5S is still a great phone though. After the 6 comes out the 5S will only be available in 16GB & 32GB. It will run iOS 8 no problem too. Has Touch ID.

Aye, I think I'll tell her to get a 5S 32GB at a minimum and just see what her carrier will offer on the 6 to see if it's affordable. Think she already knows not to get a 16GB since her 4S is so difficult to update half the time. Honestly, the extra speed is so minimal that the upside of it probably means that iOS 9/10 or whatever the last one it'll get will be won't be horrible on it like some of the others were. RIP my iPhone 3G with iOS4 :'(.

DOWN

Banned
what's the difference between these two products? it seems identical (thickness and material) and the Archshield comes with a lifetime warranty. im not sure which is the better product.

Spigen GLAS.tR SLIM - $15.99

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71kpqJtHObL._SL1500_.jpg[/IMG

vs

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N8B0AG2/?tag=neogaf0e-20"]Archshield - iPhone 6 Crystal Clear Tempered Glass - $7.99[/URL]
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41N9HKLR9%2BL.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

One is less popular and they have a different cut around the home button. Not much different that I can see otherwise. The cheaper one is much less popular in the sales rankings on Amazon and is from a brand I don't know.

Ninja Dom

So my order status finally changed:

So now instead of "pending" it says "awaiting inventory" but the date is still 9/19.

This means I'm screwed and its probably not really 9/19, right?

Nah, I wouldn't think that. They're awaiting stock from Apple. That could be today, tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm assuming you're getting it from a Network cos the order status you gave doesn't look like Apple's own order status.

Nah, I wouldn't think that. They're awaiting stock from Apple. That could be today, tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm assuming you're getting it from a Network cos the order status you gave doesn't look like Apple's own order status.

Oh, its still early. Yeah, that's the Verizon site. A Google search about that status says its not doomed yet. It actually doesn't look bad looking back at iPhone 5 threads.

Then on the order info page, it says this:

"This order is for a product not currently available in our warehouses. When we receive the inventory, we will process payment and ship it immediately. You will receive notification when this occurs."

ZeroX03

Banned
Even thinking about selling the iPad.

I'm on the fence, I'll use the 6 Plus for a few months to get a feel to see what I'll do for a tablet. I'm thinking it might involve grabbing an iPad Air, the 6 Plus and Mini have a similar form factor while the Air's screen size is still a substantial difference.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So at this point would it be easier too pre-order or just walk into a store and buy one? What I am asking is how long are pre-orders backed up?

DOWN

Banned
So at this point would it be easier too pre-order or just walk into a store and buy one? What I am asking is how long are pre-orders backed up?
Depends on who you order from and which model. Check the websites and see when they say it ships before you order.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Depends on who you order from and which model. Check the websites and see when they say it ships before you order.
Hmmm all right, the problem is I am not ordering them myself, my mother is doing it for the whole fam, and basically waiting on me to decide which iPhone I want. I am personally leaning towards a 6 Plus 16 GB. I am ordering through AT&T

DOWN

Banned
Hmmm all right, the problem is I am not ordering them myself, my mother is doing it for the whole fam, and basically waiting on me to decide which iPhone I want. I am personally leaning towards a 6 Plus 16 GB. I am ordering through AT&T
6 Plus is in much shorter supply than 6 so look fast if you want it online

KevinG

I'm on the fence, I'll use the 6 Plus for a few months to get a feel to see what I'll do for a tablet. I'm thinking it might involve grabbing an iPad Air, the 6 Plus and Mini have a similar form factor while the Air's screen size is still a substantial difference.

I have an iPad (4) and my wife has an iPad mini (I think it's 1st gen). If we sell both of our iPads we will have enough cash to pick up whatever Apple announces in October, and share the new iPad.

BearPawB

Banned
Woohoo
My plus looks like it is going to make it on time after all.

Product Name:Apple® iPhone® 6 Plus 64GB in Space Gray
Tracking Number: (redacted)
Shipment Courier:UPS
Shipment Description:UPS 2ND DAY AIR-4PM
Shipment Date:09/18/2014

For those wondering about times, I got the order in at 3:53am EST on verizon's website

DOWN

Banned
I have an iPad (4) and my wife has an iPad mini (I think it's 1st gen). If we sell both of our iPads we will have enough cash to pick up whatever Apple announces in October, and share the new iPad.
I really hope they change the storage tiers like they did for iPhone. Knock out the 16 or 32 Gb and make 64gb $100 cheaper. It's a move I thoroughly appreciate with iPhone this year.

I haven't bought an iPad yet but hopefully will go for an iPad Air with TouchID. Do you have LTE in yours? Deciding if it's worth having the cell option.

I really hope they change the storage tiers like they did for iPhone. Knock out the 16 or 32 Gb and make 64gb $100 cheaper. It's a move I thoroughly appreciate with iPhone this year.

I haven't bought an iPad yet but hopefully will go for an iPad Air with TouchID. Do you have LTE in yours? Deciding if it's worth having the cell option.

I think the cell stuff is useless if you have the option of tethering.

HUELEN10

That's true. I'm use to my iPad figuring out where it is via wifi most of the time.
Honestly, I think all iPads should have GPS, specially the mini. There are a lot of non-web map apps on the App Store, and it would be nice to use them when exploring for a project without having to buy a cellular iPad.

DOWN

Banned
That's true. I'm use to my iPad figuring out where it is via wifi most of the time.
Jealous of and curious about your member title lol

But anyway I'm leaning towards it because I do have tethering but I kind of want the ease and GPS of an independent cell signal.

KevinG

My wife and I both have just wifi iPads, and we've never really given it a second thought.

We have a two month old daughter now, and this is the first time I've thought about wanting LTE for long days of driving to Florida when she gets older. But then I had the thought that we could just load up a few movies and games from iTunes.

Jealous of and curious about your member title lol

But anyway I'm leaning towards it because I do have tethering but I kind of want the ease and GPS of an independent cell signal.

"BOSS"?

That was the mods messing with me. I mentioned in a thread how I hate it when people I barely know refer to me as "Boss" like they know me.

I had some light scratches on my 4 that I was very careful with.

i never had a recent iphone but i'm throwing my devices around and treat them like garbage (in pockets with change and keys, loose in backpack, throwing it around). i got plenty of scratches on the case but never once did i get one on the screen.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I have a tracking number from Verizon! It's not active yet, but it says the phone was shipped yesterday. Glad to see my info finally updated. May work from home Friday to receive delivery.

Smidget

Probably won't be around on Friday to sign for the delivery, so once they attempt to deliver I can arrange to pick it up, correct? Available Friday night or Saturday?

Squalor

Probably won't be around on Friday to sign for the delivery, so once they attempt to deliver I can arrange to pick it up, correct? Available Friday night or Saturday?
They'll leave an "attempted delivery" note.

You can pick it up at your leisure afterward.

Husker86

No one will be home Friday, can I leave a note on the door telling them to leave it there? Or can I remove the signature requirement? I don't have an issue of it being stolen either. Dead-end street in a very good neighborhood. Then again, it's always possible.
Yeah, you can presign for it. If you can't find the template, I've printed out the tracking info and signed the bottom saying please leave at door. Has always worked for me.

Top Bottom