• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Link

The Autumn Wind
This is true, but I think I may go with a full body armor skin this time. Not sure yet though, as I've seen nothing to great. Also bumpers usually suck, because they ruin the thinness of the device and don't offer the protection for example a shell cover could, but I guess it could be argued that shells hide your device too much. Which I also agree. Hmm.

Man, case decisions are always harder for me than the actual phone itself...
This is what I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JH88D1O/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_385040_30332190_TE_3p_dp_1

Might fit what you're looking for.

It sucks that there are currently no good iPhone 6 Plus cases at the moment. Everything I've seen so far is either in stock when the phone comes out or at the end of the month.

MercuryLS

Banned
This is true, but I think I may go with a full body armor skin this time. Not sure yet though, as I've seen nothing to great. Also bumpers usually suck, because they ruin the thinness of the device and don't offer the protection for example a shell cover could, but I guess it could be argued that shells hide your device too much. Which I also agree. Hmm.

Man, case decisions are always harder for me than the actual phone itself...

That's my issue, I don't want a case to cover up the phone. For me I really only need to protect the edges, the bumper wraps around the front and back of the device which would keep them from being in contact with any fat surface. It provides enough protection for me without covering up the device entirely.

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyone got any recommendations for a good clear case for a 5S? Considering giving mine to a friend, she digs the gold color and would want to see it.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I need a full case cover being a clumsy motherfucker. Not sure what to get at the moment. $50 is steep for an Otterbox.

Btw, will the car charger for my 4S still work with my 6?

yami4ct

The leather iPhone 5/5s cases from Apple were garbage, right? Didn't they wear out super quickly or something?

Can't speak to those cases, but the iPad 3 leather smart covers were a fucking joke. Got a red one and it looked amazing..... for about two weeks. Color started to wear out on huge swathes of it. Big huge discolored spots now. Still works physically, but certainly not worth the cost.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
You should be good then, just plug the Lightning USB cable you get with the iPhone 6 into it and it'll work fine. Might pay to get a spare cable just so you don't have to move it between the house and car though.
Already done since I had an extra for my iPad Mini. If anyone else is looking for a spare by the way, don't get the Amazon Basics one: the wire at the top of mine became exposed very quickly. It still works but the quality is questionable.

Now I just need a tough case...

My Apple order changed to "Preparing to ship" yesterday but it didn't change today.

>breathingintensifies.gif

Also still waiting on my case and screen protectors to get here. This week is going to take forever, I know it.

Jobiensis

So it seems like you aren't able to put the 200 dollar gift card towards the 6 in the verizon deal.

Is this a correct assessment?

What the hell am I going to do with a 200 dollar verizon gift card? Hold onto it until my next upgrade?

I believe the gift card is a Verizon branded MC or Visa gift card, you can use it anywhere.

Vyer

Ya'll making me real happy I didn't preorder with AT&T.

...and yes, I realize I probably and screwing my own shipment order up by saying that.

I believe the gift card is a Verizon branded MC or Visa gift card, you can use it anywhere.

Whoa, can anyone 100% confirm this? When I went to a Verizon store, the guy there did mention a MC or Visa Card, but their website states that they offer a Verizon gift card which can only be used for the Verizon store (unless they just don't mention it can be used elsewhere).

ZeroX03

Banned
Whoa, wat. I'm not seeing this anywhere else.

The iPhone 6 Plus comes with a new processor, known as the A8. This is a 20-nanometer 64-bit CPU with 2 billion transistors. Early benchmarking using the Geekbench application suggests that the processor is dual core, and has a frequency of 1.4 GHz. It's paired with 2GB RAM. The iPhone 6 Plus is consummately slick and zippy in use

^

DOWN

Banned
Whoa, wat. I'm not seeing this anywhere else.

2nd time in this thread now.

Well there is this:

6 Plus 2GB RAM: http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_6_plus-6665.php

6 1GB RAM: http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_6-6378.php

Not sure if that is reliable... I also wouldn't be surprised if Apple stuck with 1GB of RAM. I don't care as long as it doesn't affect performance, and I don't care about tabs reloading etc... On the other hand Apple will have to be producing an A8 Chip with 2GB of RAM if they want to do multitasking on the new iPad's IMO.

nikos

If the 6+ really does have 2GB of memory, I wonder how much of it will be free in comparison to the 6.

That could have been the spec to push me to the 6+, even though it's still too big for me.

Jobiensis

Whoa, can anyone 100% confirm this? When I went to a Verizon store, the guy there did mention a MC or Visa Card, but their website states that they offer a Verizon gift card which can only be used for the Verizon store (unless they just don't mention it can be used elsewhere).

Sorry, I think I'm wrong. I just looked at their site, and you are right, they specifically say you can use it only to pay your bill or for another device.

I've gotten gift cards from them before that were just mc gift cards, but it appears this is different

;(

DOWN

Banned
But, "RAM doesn't matter on iOS"...?

I'll never feel bad about my 6 purchase!

Yeah, iOS is just held to a standard of performance that makes it quite smooth so it will certainly be good, but the question is if the 6+ resolution leaves much noticeable difference from the 6 RAM in use.

So far, the 6+ is still too big to feel like a phone form factor to me. Just can't imagine James Bond whipping out a phone that big until I see it.

Apath

I really hope Apple adds iPad app support for the 6+ down the line. It's the only thing making me hesitant on getting rid of my mini.

jrcbandit

Seems like 2 GB will be a necessity if they plan to implement split screen multitasking with 8.1 update, but it could very well be an IPad only feature for now and planned obsolescence to encourage 6s+ purchases. Is the iPad split screen multitasking pure speculation?

ZeroX03

Banned
I really hope Apple adds iPad app support for the 6+ down the line. It's the only thing making me hesitant on getting rid of my mini.

I think I was reading in the iOS gaming thread that Apple doesn't allow developers to differentiate and restrict their apps in the app store by model, so you couldn't set your apps to "just iPhone 6 Plus & iPad". They could have Plus specific features but they'd have to go all in with iPhone support. Hope it changes.

Top Bottom