• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

These people are doing this to be part of an event, right?

I don't know if this is the same everywhere else, but it's pretty easy to go to a local carrier's store a few hours before opening and secure a phone. There are rarely long lines.
Local carriers in Canada are just dicking everyone over with locked phones on 2 year contracts requiring a minimum of 80 dollars.

Doc Evils

uEYsoh0.jpg

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Got a text from Apple confirming the phone's shipped, good stuff. Really looking forward to this, hopefully this will last me as long as my 4 has.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
swiftkey hasn't released yet. swype has

I downloaded swiftkey, though! Right now it just looks like a notes app.

Maybe they haven't activated the 3rd party keyboard piece.

RC

Banned
Local carriers in Canada are just dicking everyone over with locked phones on 2 year contracts requiring a minimum of 80 dollars.

Yup. It's cheaper to buy the phone outright and go month to month rather than dealing with the big three. Sad.

a916

WTF man? There goes my hope of going in on Friday morning and picking up one... oh well, mine is going to ship a week later, I can wait.

Calculated it out... and it would cost me an extra $57 (because of being forced into an expensiver contract) to actually subsidize my phone with Rogers. Plus $50 to unlock it and getting locked into another 2 years.

Going with Apple nets me savings of $107 PLUS having 6GB of data instead of the paltry 500MB they're offering.

It's been really depressing in these threads reading the non-US users' complaints about being locked into "shitty" contracts that are better than any US contract. Wonder if we'll ever get carriers that give us straightforward pricing...

HUELEN10

Guys, ATT has the Speck line in stock!

35 USD gets you a black Candyshell or a white Gandyshell grip. Will take pics as soon as I am able.

riotous

Banned
So since this is my first iPhone, how viable is it to use one without a case? Is it prone to scratches and all that?

Have never used a case.

Never had a scratch.

But I'm unique. Most people I know claim scratches happen within minutes of they go naked.

It's been really depressing in these threads reading the non-US users' complaints about being locked into "shitty" contracts that are better than any US contract. Wonder if we'll ever get carriers that give us straightforward pricing...
Is that so? My sister who's in the US laughs now everytime she comes back to Canada. She carries here international dialing plan from AT&T and it's STILL cheaper than what Rogers offers. Here's a quick query:

Rogers (Canada - http://www.rogers.com/web/content/plans-pricing):
$70 /month
500MB Data
Overage $15/300MB
1000 Canada-Wide Minutes
Unlimited Canada-Wide after 6 pm
Unlimited Messaging

AT&T (http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=ys0jaG34KM3)
$65 /month
2GB Data
Unlimited Talk and Text

Pretty sure you guys have it MUCH better right now.

MegaBusta

So I just ordered a 6+ 64GB Silver on Apple's website. ETA is October 16-22 but I'm in no rush. There's plenty of other fun things happening, like Smash Bros 3DS. :)

I've been using my Note 2 for 2 years and a 3GS before that. I'm pumped.

Husker86

So since this is my first iPhone, how viable is it to use one without a case? Is it prone to scratches and all that?

Extremely viable if you don't have a tendency to drop things. And this isn't a dig at people who do, I am just always very conscious of keeping my phone safe.

I always go naked on all my phones. I've had cases in the past, but usually ditch them after less than a week.

muteki

I am now seeing the phone in my service profile, but it is the wrong color (white/gold instead of black). How freaked out should I be?

Namikaze

Got my spiegen clear case today..when I took off the sticker inside the case, it left two nasty and deep scratches. It feels pretty nice in the hand but I have a feeling I'm going to use this one for a few weeks max. It's about what I expected, to be honest. My leather case is coming today too but I may just return it and use the spiegen till I can get the official silicone case from apple in October.

DOWN

Banned
Got my spiegen clear case today..when I took off the sticker inside the case, it left two nasty and deep scratches. It feels pretty nice in the hand but I have a feeling I'm going to use this one for a few weeks max. It's about what I expected, to be honest. My leather case is coming today too but I may just return it and use the spiegen till I can get the official silicone case from apple in October.

Why silicone over leather? I'm still deciding between the two for later on but I was leaning toward leather.

HUELEN10

Here is the Speck! Sorry about the quality of the shots, I only had a potato on hand (iPhone 3GS).
R1WFPAz.png

bcNTBmM.png

RAXK7Wr.png

As you can see, near the top, there is a thinner line, probably to aid in insertion of the phone. Honestly, I like the feel of this one more in the hand than the Spigen. It's 35 USD at ATT if you want one. I also really like that the lip protecting the screen is higher, and that the back is ever so slightly thicker, making sure that the lens will not protrude.

Now, one thing about the Speck AND the Spigen is that you might need a new Aux cable in your setup; none of the cables that fit the 5 cases I owned fit either one of these 6 cases due to the thinner design, so be prepared to get a new one.

Juice

5 percent is sizable, specially when considering the cost.

It's painfully obvious; if you have a 5S, getting this phone, ESPECIALLY the larger variant, is a complete waste of money.

That's just like your opinion man.

I've upgraded every year for six years and each upgrade has felt like a giant leap to me.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Have never used a case.

Never had a scratch.

But I'm unique. Most people I know claim scratches happen within minutes of they go naked.

I went naked on my 3, 4 and 5. I had each phone for two years. The 3 and 4 were beasts and I never had an issue other than minor wear and tear with no scratches on the screen at all. The 5 scratched the day I got it and after two years of use there are multiple scratches on the screen, chips in the paint and a ton of scratches on the back glass. Decided to get a skin for the 6+ just in case.

Top Bottom