• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

SeanR1221

Here is the Speck! Sorry about the quality of the shots, I only had a potato on hand (iPhone 3GS).
R1WFPAz.png

bcNTBmM.png

RAXK7Wr.png

As you can see, near the top, there is a thinner line, probably to aid in insertion of the phone. Honestly, I like the feel of this one more in the hand than the Spigen. It's 35 USD at ATT if you want one. I also really like that the lip protecting the screen is higher, and that the back is ever so slightly thicker, making sure that the lens will not protrude.

Now, one thing about the Speck AND the Spigen is that you might need a new Aux cable in your setup; none of the cables that fit the 5 cases I owned fit either one of these 6 cases due to the thinner design, so be prepared to get a new one.

Does that feel like hard cheap plastic?

Also, totally petty but I hate that big speck logo

HUELEN10

It feels like any other Candyshell, and I don't consider the feeling of those to be cheap.

I think this might be my Daily Driver case, and if it ever goes sour, i will have the Spigen, while I exchange the Speck with its warranty.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
WinoMcCougarstein, the 5 has no paint.

Well, I guess it's just chipped metal then. Whatever material the band around the phone is made out of. It definitely looks like chipped paint.

Wait a second. My shipping info shows that my phone went from Nashville to Louisville, yet it's being delivered to me in Florida. Why is it going the opposite direction?

woodypop

So the iPhone 6 releases on September 19th. What's the likelihood of being able to just walk into an Apple store on October 19th (a month later) and buying one?

Namikaze

Why silicone over leather? I'm still deciding between the two for later on but I was leaning toward leather.

The aniline leather apple uses for their leather cases changes color over time. I've seen a few pictures of the 5/5S leather case in red after some wear; it looks horrible to me. One of them went from a bright, solid red to a dark red with dark splotches over it. I hear the black leather case is alright though.

Rambaldi

I'm obsessed. I ordered mine at 830 am PST (AT&T Plus 16gb Space Gray) and I have a ship date of October 13-20 but I keep refreshing the order page hoping it will move up :(

I've done nothing but follow this thread and every review I can find. It's pretty sad.

Bgamer90

Banned
I'm obsessed. I ordered mine at 830 am PST (AT&T Plus 16gb Space Gray) and I have a ship date of October 13-20 but I keep refreshing the order page hoping it will move up :(

I've done nothing but follow this thread and every review I can find. It's pretty sad.

Haha. Been checking my order every two hours. Still nothing. Pre-ordered it at 3:30 AM EST but it's currently set to Early October.

If it doesn't change by later on tonight then I'll just have to wait.

HGStormy

Banned

I ordered mine on the 12th from the Apple site and I've been checking it every couple of hours ;-; It's sad

It still fucking says "processing" and it's driving me nuts

DOWN

Banned
WinoMcCougarstein, the 5 has no paint.

It's anodized aluminum. Paint, in a sense.

This article from WSJ compares the 6 to the Galaxy S5

I find it hilarious that for all the night shots he used iPhone 6 and the one bright shot he uses iPhone 6 Plus. I mean to take advantage of the OIS, you use the 6 Plus at night

Literally the least helpful, least polished comparison article I've ever seen.

Bullza2o

Where did you order it? AT&T or Apple store? I ordered mine from Apple yesterday and I have the same delivery date.

Xamdou

Aight guys I cancelled my Golden 128gb Iphone 6+ preorder from ATT which had a constant November estimated release.

I will take my chances at my local Apple store this Friday... good thing I am off Fridays!

Alright, I'm still preparing for shipment, but with a 9/19 delivery date still. UPS is showing a label having being created for my phone, but that's about it. Starting to get antsy.

DOWN

Banned

In my experience, they feel cheap. The inner "soft" material scratch my 5 because it was basically super thin and hard rubber-plastic. Nothing like the micro-fiber or silicone I think you should have up against the metal of the phone.

demigod

Apple / At&t screwed my preorder. I ordered at 3:30 am cst and it showed 7-10 day delivery. I tried to complete the order from my reservation and it said i couldnt due to it being a business account. Neither apple nor at&t rep could help after spending hours on the phone with them.

Anyone know how many of the 6 plus Best Buy will have on hand since they dont allow preorders for those? And will they sell it outright or contracts only?

jcm

Wait a second. My shipping info shows that my phone went from Nashville to Louisville, yet it's being delivered to me in Florida. Why is it going the opposite direction?

UPS and Fedex both run lots of packages into their hubs before sending them to their final destination. That way they can run fewer flights to any given city.

I'm assuming FedEx? Their main hub is in Louisville.

No, UPS's hub is Louisville. Fedex is Memphis.

Does anyone know any details about the A8 chip?
Clockrate, RAM, Core configuration, process node?

Also do we have confirmed number for the battery charge in mAh?

Meicyn

Gold Member
No changes on my Apple.com ordering status. I just received an email from AT&T about my updated wireless plan instead. I don't know if that implies that my phone is getting ready to ship or what. I probably shouldn't get excited yet.

JaseMath

Care to elaborate more than a simple "it's garbage"?

Speck cases are the most pedestrian cases you can buy. They're thick, they're cheap looking, and cheap feeling. In my opinion, if you're going to use a case, at least use something with a little bit of sexiness that pairs well with the phone. Speck cases do neither.

DoubleTap

Alright, I'm still preparing for shipment, but with a 9/19 delivery date still. UPS is showing a label having being created for my phone, but that's about it. Starting to get antsy.

I have the same status. I assume they're shipping yours next day air as well so I wouldn't get antsy until Thursday.

Apple / At&t screwed my preorder. I ordered at 3:30 am cst and it showed 7-10 day delivery. I tried to complete the order from my reservation and it said i couldnt due to it being a business account. Neither apple nor at&t rep could help after spending hours on the phone with them.

Anyone know how many of the 6 plus Best Buy will have on hand since they dont allow preorders for those? And will they sell it outright or contracts only?
I was told Best Buy isn't getting 6+'s for launch. This was by a store manager on 9/12 here in Las Vegas

So the iPhone 6 releases on September 19th. What's the likelihood of being able to just walk into an Apple store on October 19th (a month later) and buying one?

Impossible to know at this point, but there have been launches in the past where the phones were supply constrained for months. I remember dropping by my local Apple Store when I lived in Austin to pick up something for work, and there was a line of maybe 12-15 people. When I asked what they were there for, the person helping me said it was the iPhone line, at that every morning it was like that still. This was probably a good 2.5 months after release.

Sobriquet

I currently have an iphone 4, so I'm very excited to get my hands on the iphone 6 plus.

Me too! *high five* Stoked.

All these cases exposing the bottom of the phone. Bleh!

By popular demand!

Probably leaning towards the apple leather case the most, but how protective is it really?

I think that's what I'm going to get. Trying to decide between brown and blue. I've never used a case (since the 3G), but some reviews are saying it's a bit slippery to hold without a case.

I was told Best Buy isn't getting 6+'s for launch. This was by a store manager on 9/12 here in Las Vegas

Hello, fellow Vegas-GAF.

Xcellere

literally ordered the same ones. I did the regular outfit on mine gray/gray

Still awesome, just the texture of the aluminum is different.

That look's ace! Any gaf reviews on that case?

Sort of, here's my review for it on amazon:

I've gone through 3 different iPhone 5 cases now:

1. Ringke Slim
2. elago S5 Outfit

And now the elago S5 Outfit Matrix in Dark Gray. I bought each of these cases because I felt like their minimalist designs compliment the sleek aesthetics of the iPhone 5. The Ringke Slim is a plain matte black plastic case that has a single tone on the back. It's unobtrusive but slightly bland. The big issue with that case is that if the phone is placed face down, the screen makes contact with the surface. The elago Outfit and Outfit Matrix have a 5mm lip above the screen so that it does not make contact with the surface when placed face down.

The regular elago Outfit case has a two-tone design on the rear with an aluminum plate in center. The texture is granular but fairly boring. The Matrix on the other hand has a brushed aluminum vertical texture that is absolutely beautiful. This is the main improvement over the Outfit.

The Outfit Matrix's two-tone style on the back is gorgeous and mimics the iPhone 5's graphite two-tone back. The rubber parts of the case are matte and should stand up well to minor abuse, whereas a gloss surface would show scratches easily and I'm trying to avoid this. This is what I wanted out of a case: Protection of the iPhone 5 from drops (albeit not too an intense of a drop), and a look that compliments the iPhone 5's design.

I'm surprised there aren't more reviews for such a fantastic product, and at $13.99 w/ Prime, this is a steal. The workmanship on the product is top-notch and you can feel that quality when you hold it. If you appreciate the aesthetic appeal of the iPhone 5 but want a decent amount of protection, this is the case for you.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Does the iPhone 6 still only let you have 9 apps per page in folders? I actually preferred how the folders were in iOS 6, well, with infinifolders installed anyway.

Need a recommendation on my iPhone 6 case.
I want something light, unobtrusive, but with the potential to actually protect it if it gets dropped.

HUELEN10

Need a recommendation on my iPhone 6 case.
I want something light, unobtrusive, but with the potential to actually protect it if it gets dropped.
Fuck haters, but the 6's Candyshell might just be the ticket. It's light for its size, fits great in the hand, and if the prior line is anything to go by, will protect the thing. isn't that the most important part of a case, the durability within?

Top Bottom